Obesession with Not Eating Junk Food?

today, my dad said I’m obsessed with not eating junk food. this was after i declined to eat some pizza hut pizza with pepperoni on top(i miss those!).

he also said that people who want to gain muscle are compensating for abuse they had to endure earlier in life.

yes, arnold, ronnie, cutler, kroc, dave tate, all of us are compensating. according to him, we all need help.

ever meet people like this?

in all honesty they get me pissed and more determined to train so i can prove to them that muscle is good, not bad. comments like this get me energized for workouts, good thing shoulder and chest day is tomorrow!

[quote]deadliftgoal500 wrote:
he also said that people who want to gain muscle are compensating for abuse they had to endure earlier in life.
[/quote]
Tell the old man he’s a retart and to shut the fuck up.

What the fuck is wrong with pizza?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
What the fuck is wrong with pizza?[/quote]

You know - it causes all that sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and shit…

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

You know - it causes all that sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and shit… [/quote]

used to be obese(37%bf) 4 months ago. i already get 3500 calories, might add in future if i need more calories. at the moment, i rather not eat it.

I know what you mean. Tonight I had to decline the last piece of a pizza. I ate all the rest, but had to decline that final piece. Tomorrow being deadlift day and all.

Pizza is good in moderation. Pizza, everyday is good even for bulking. I think Dave Tate did it too. He added oil to it according to the story.

It’s not a burger.

Nothing, I just don’t think it falls in the category of health food.

To the OP, honestly, I think your fathers comments stem somewhat from jealousy. Those that can’t maintain discipline in achieving the goals that they have set for themselves simply attempt to bring those around them down. They haven’t achieved anything, so they do what they can to make sure those around them don’t achieve anything either.

Ignore the haters.

[quote]biglifter wrote:
I know what you mean. Tonight I had to decline the last piece of a pizza. I ate all the rest, but had to decline that final piece. Tomorrow being deadlift day and all.[/quote]

yeah, cuz that last piece will get ya :wink:

I can understand declining if nearly 40% of your mass was fat just four months ago. I also understand if you’re cutting. For the majority of a lifters though, a few slices of pizza aren’t going to do you any harm at all. Doing so might have you labelled as neurotic by others and if you don’t have appreciable muscle mass it looks pretty foolish. Who cares what other people think though? The real harm is that if you get so wrapped up in your macro-nutrient minutiae that you can’t eat a few slices of pizza one time, you’re probably not going to enjoy yourself very much, which is the sort of thing that stalls progress.

[quote]Jason van Wyk wrote:
I can understand declining if nearly 40% of your mass was fat just four months ago. I also understand if you’re cutting. For the majority of a lifters though, a few slices of pizza aren’t going to do you any harm at all. Doing so might have you labelled as neurotic by others and if you don’t have appreciable muscle mass it looks pretty foolish. Who cares what other people think though? The real harm is that if you get so wrapped up in your macro-nutrient minutiae that you can’t eat a few slices of pizza one time, you’re probably not going to enjoy yourself very much, which is the sort of thing that stalls progress.[/quote]

true, just last sunday i had a one chicken leg from kfc because me and my parents went to Atlantic city. if we’re out i’ll eat junk food, but if i have a choice between brown rice/chicken and pizza, i’ll pick the first one!

This problem applies to everything people who don’t train do in their lives. My sister always complains about shoulder pain, I offer to help her fix it and what response do I get? “Maybe later” I get funny looks when i end conversations saying Merry Christmas Bob.

[quote]Remu_87 wrote:
This problem applies to everything people who don’t train do in their lives. My sister always complains about shoulder pain, I offer to help her fix it and what response do I get? “Maybe later” I get funny looks when i end conversations saying Merry Christmas Bob. [/quote]

For some reason this came to mind:

Girls don’t eat the pizza because they are worried about ruining their girlish figure, me I am a man and will eat that pizza and then tommorrow at the gym I will use that shit as fuel. I feel you though I went through a few obsesssive times in my life about food but really I am not trying to look hawt for anyone, I just want to put up those dumbbells.

[/quote]

If you were obese, it’s a good thing you avoid trashy food for some years, from a purely health related perpective. The Body adapts metabolically at a glacial pace when it comes to fat rebound etc.

Most people, who never integrated the idea of real progression or achievement in their lives, won’t accept sacrifices or unusual practises who go against mainstream with no immediate benefit or explanation.
It seems extreme or radical to them.
And if you’re family, they automatically assume a potential for negative social implications - for all of you. That behaviour is genetically hardwired.

To a degree, it’s also uncomfortable for them because it’s underlines their own, often drastically contrasting behaviour, forcing them to reflect.
I assume they played a role in your former misfortunate athletic career, probably being not too fit themselves.
So if he’s obese, you basically make your dad look like a pig.

today, my dad said I’m obsessed with not eating junk food. this was after i declined to eat some pizza hut pizza with pepperoni on top(i miss those!).

yes, arnold, ronnie, cutler, kroc, dave tate, all of us are compensating. according to him, we all need help.

ever meet people like this?

in all honesty they get me pissed and more determined to train so i can prove to them that muscle is good, not bad. comments like this get me energized for workouts, good thing shoulder and chest day is tomorrow!

[/quote]

Anytime your dad says something health related ask yourself - do I want to look like my dad?

I’ve read your other posts, Asian heritage parents tend to rigid and misinformed on health habits and I’m glad you found this site when you’re still 16 (? IIRC).

Most things in moderation are okay, but you’ll reach a point where you’ll just say no to certain foods no matter how mainstream or “healthy” they conceive it to be.

Be disciplined, be vigilant. Telling your dad off is not the way to go, stand up for yourself, do it with respect.

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:

[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA!!!