Obese Lifter Nutrition

Whats going on?

So, Ive been lifting for around 4 years and eating what is apparently “right”. But I am the same size as I was in the beginning. I am 5 ft 10 and 370lbs. I train 3 days a week for 3 hours a day. I do hard conditioning with strongman equipment and kettlebells along with running conjugate. The Conjugate I do is high rep and volume on the smaller exercises, too. I mean, I train all the rep ranges. really.

My nutrition is as follows

7am 16oz egg whites wuth 1 scoop of protein and a half cup of oats
11 am 1 chciken breast with 1 cup of brown rice plus half bag of of green veg
3 pm 2 red poatoes and a chicken breast half bag of of green veg
9pm 16oz egg whites with a scoop of protein

squat 475
deadlift 520
Bench 320
Overhead Press 215

So, Im stuck, man. I train hard. But I still look like garbage. I have big ass titties and people even mistake me for being a woman. Am I not eating enough? Should I try 375 grams of protein in a day? Ive heard that all my life but thats like 800 dollars where I live, monthly.

Any help?

You eat no fruit or vegetables whatsoever?

Your only fat source is 16oz of eggs? Actually, I imagine you meant egg whites in the first meal as well, so no dietary fats at all?

1 Like

I mean, it’s all the right stuff, but an aweful lot of it.
This diet sounds more like that of someone trying to bulk honestly.

Do you track your weight?
Do you eat EXACTLY this every single day? You never go off diet?

1 Like

Is that what you were eating for the 4 years or just started?

1 Like

If those are both 16 oz of egg whites it is only around 1600-1800 calories.

So, very roughly, your daily calories are either 2235 (if you meant whole eggs at breakfast) or 1761 (if you meant whites). Had to guess the cals in your protein powder of course.

And you’ve been doing this for 4 years while training hard for 3 hours, 3 days a week?

So, either way, it’s either:

A) Rare medical issue

or

B) You’re eating more than that. Like, maybe not counting booze or something?

Instead of us guessing, why don’t you count everything up and let us know.

5 Likes

100% agreed. Have you had any kind of blood work to test thyroid and hormone levels? Any cardio or activity outside of the stated lifting? Age?

Hello,

I am sorry, I rushed my post. I do eat about a half a bag of frozen vegetables with my chicken meals. I do not eat fruit at the moment. As far as fat goes, I suppose not.

I eat this everyday. I will have something “fun” every two weeks on payday. So, some kind of burger or burrito plate.

1 Like

This will definitely destroy the hormones of a natural lifter.

Are you using anabolics?

I’m seeing 2700cals daily if rice is measured raw.

*did not count cals in veggies

So I’m on board with these thoughts

Have you had your thyroid checked?

I have not have that checked. I have brought up my weight before many times and the onlt responses I get are eat 1000 calories and walk more.

1 Like

I used superdrol when I was 19. Im 33 now, if that counts.

My mom died of diabettes related things and I was inspired to clean up my life as I watched her waste away over the last few months of her life. I am terried and I keep to this everyday. I only change on payday where I will cheat. 2 times a month.

Dude, IM so scared. I dont wanna be 400 pounds. Ive always been fat.

It doesn’t. You would need the support NOW while you are presently not eating fats, as a means to control hormones.

I can try to get my thyroid tested. But, I only buy these things. I weigh it all out and measure it. I live alone and dont have any temptations to eat leisurely.

My job is sedentary as in I work from home and can sometimes spend a lot of my shift laying on my couch. Outside of training I dont do anything.

Really? Doctors usually fucking LOVE running tests.

Get a full thyroid panel done. If you don’t want to wait for a doctor, you can get one for like $50 here

@T3hPwnisher is right

0.3g/lb BW is shown to be the minimal required to have full hormone support. Keep in mind you will have to lower your carbs.

I can add some walnuts and berries in. But that will up my calories. I dont want that right?

Berries tend to be a pretty poor source of fats. Avocados being an exception.

Were I in your situation, I’d get a full physical FIRST and figure out my bloodwork. I have no idea how long you’ve been living this way, but this and the use of Superdrol in your past could have some interesting outcomes that are presently impacting your results.

I’d also completely overhaul how I view nutrition treat it as just that: nutrition. Which is to say, to eat nutritiously. Not just protein, carbs and calories, but eating like a human, with variety, colors, and lots of nutrients.

4 Likes