Obama's Pastor

Is this guy ( http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ODI2NjEyYjA5ZDJmOTcyYzYzY2M1NGNkMzNkNDViMjg= )relevant? Ponnuru thinks so ( http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/community/groups/index.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3Aa70e3396-6663-4a8d-ba19-e44939d3c44fForum%3A5543a34c-af92-4736-b81b-4aad0ab02e2eDiscussion%3A60ef6534-c61d-41e4-860f-7c49bec7920d ). I tend to agree - particularly as it speaks to his judgment, and the context it gives for his wife’s previous comments.

How would anyone take it if Jerry Falwell was McCain’s weekly pastor?

Add his refusal to wear the American flag to the mix and he looks pretty bad. I am voting for Hillary next month.

Obama is clearly the antichrist.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Add his refusal to wear the American flag to the mix and he looks pretty bad. I am voting for Hillary next month.[/quote]

He looks bad because he doesn’t wear a pin?
Could you be a less serious person?

The only mainstream news/commetary who cares seems to be Hannity. I think a better comarison would be if John McCain’s pastor was Tom Metzger(Jeremiah Wright) who then gave a major award to David Duke(Farrakhan) and he was “friendly” with The Order(William Ayers). But I’m sure Obamas fine. No worries here. Not a big deal. I’m sure he’d get the same treatment if he was white and conservative. Yep.

“God bless America? No! God DAMN America!”

I REALLY don’t like this guy. He is using his church as a vehicle for hate-speech, and disguising it as the word of God. This puts him right on up there with racist white supremacists and their religious views in my opinion.

I can’t believe that Obama hasn’t put as much distance as possible between him and this man. If Obama were anyone else, he would have been burned at the stake already. But of course everyone starts waving their race card around this issue, and pretending like it has nothing to do with Obama’s campaign for president.

This man is a liar, Obama’s campaign is lying, everyone else is lying, and no one cares. No one DARE attack Obama for fear of being labeled a racist. Well, I am not a racist, and I say Obama is the same as the rest of these lying SOBs running for president. His shit stinks just as much as everyone elses.

He is NOT the second coming of Christ. He is NOT going to “save the world”, he is NOT inspiring, and he is NOT going to change a damn thing if he gets elected. The critics are right, his skin color gives him a free pass in this election. That is not racist, it is the truth.

I hope people wake up and realize that Obama is not the “hope” they think he is. He is no JFK, MLK, RBJ, LBJ… His initials are BO, and BO also stands for body odor, and body odor stinks…So does Obama.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Is this guy ( http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ODI2NjEyYjA5ZDJmOTcyYzYzY2M1NGNkMzNkNDViMjg= )relevant? Ponnuru thinks so ( http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/community/groups/index.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3Aa70e3396-6663-4a8d-ba19-e44939d3c44fForum%3A5543a34c-af92-4736-b81b-4aad0ab02e2eDiscussion%3A60ef6534-c61d-41e4-860f-7c49bec7920d ). I tend to agree - particularly as it speaks to his judgment, and the context it gives for his wife’s previous comments.

How would anyone take it if Jerry Falwell was McCain’s weekly pastor?[/quote]

McCain actively seeks the endorsment/s of people who say all kinds of kooky things.

But anyway, we’re in the height of silly season, so no it’s not relevant, but that won’t stop people who can’t win on merits from using it against him.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

I REALLY don’t like this guy. He is using his church as a vehicle for hate-speech, and disguising it as the word of God. This puts him right on up there with racist white supremacists and their religious views in my opinion.

I can’t believe that Obama hasn’t put as much distance as possible between him and this man. If Obama were anyone else, he would have been burned at the stake already. But of course everyone starts waving their race card around this issue, and pretending like it has nothing to do with Obama’s campaign for president.

This man is a liar, Obama’s campaign is lying, everyone else is lying, and no one cares. No one DARE attack Obama for fear of being labeled a racist. Well, I am not a racist, and I say Obama is the same as the rest of these lying SOBs running for president. His shit stinks just as much as everyone elses.

He is NOT the second coming of Christ. He is NOT going to “save the world”, he is NOT inspiring, and he is NOT going to change a damn thing if he gets elected. The critics are right, his skin color gives him a free pass in this election. That is not racist, it is the truth.

I hope people wake up and realize that Obama is not the “hope” they think he is. He is no JFK, MLK, RBJ, LBJ… His initials are BO, and BO also stands for body odor, and body odor stinks…So does Obama.[/quote]

Why would he be
burned at the stake?

I think most are adult enough to realize that this is “campaign season” and we got 6 weeks till PA, so yeah we’re gonna here alot of dumb things other people said.

Hagee, Geraldine, Wright, and on and on…See the trend?

[quote]
BostonBarrister wrote:

100meters wrote:
McCain actively seeks the endorsment/s of people who say all kinds of kooky things.

But anyway, we’re in the height of silly season, so no it’s not relevant, but that won’t stop people who can’t win on merits from using it against him.[/quote]

But isn’t that categorically different from this situation? You have McCain doing some classic political pandering during an election - and you have Obama having attended this guy’s church for years. It’s not as though Obama just started attending during this silly season - so there is the question is how relevant this guy’s views are w/r/t telling us about Obama’s views. And then there’s the separate question of his judgment in choosing him as a spiritual leader - I think most people would assume the views of a pastor of a church that one attends regularly would have influence, so how much judgment did Obama show in putting himself in this situation?

ADDENDUM: Also, apparently in a stark reversal of normal political pandering, the Obamas gave $22,500 to Wright’s church in 2006. See Michelle Obama and the Politics of Candor | The New Yorker (and read it for some more interesting stuff too…)

Obama throws out the “cherrypicking” defense, and Powerline questions it:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/03/020036.php

BostonBarrister wrote:

100meters wrote:

But anyway, we’re in the height of silly season, so no it’s not relevant, but that won’t stop people who can’t win on merits from using it against him.

But isn’t that categorically different from this situation? You have McCain doing some classic political pandering during an election - and you have Obama having attended this guy’s church for years. It’s not as though Obama just started attending during this silly season - so there is the question is how relevant this guy’s views are w/r/t telling us about Obama’s views. And then there’s the separate question of his judgment in choosing him as a spiritual leader - I think most people would assume the views of a pastor of a church that one attends regularly would have influence, so how much judgment did Obama show in putting himself in this situation?

ADDENDUM: Also, apparently in a stark reversal of normal political pandering, the Obamas gave $22,500 to Wright’s church in 2006. See Michelle Obama and the Politics of Candor | The New Yorker (and read it for some more interesting stuff too…)

[/quote]

I have a feeling that perhaps like alot of real people, the minister probably isn’t a one dimensional character who hates america. There were probably alot of other aspects to him and the congregation that drew Obama to the church and kept him there, and I’m pretty sure that hating America wasn’t one of them. Again Obama wasn’t there for any of these crazy sermons, and one would think the minister knew that… Also do you really think that privately their conversations centered around on how to destroy america? I really don’t think so.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

[/quote]

When has Obama played the race card?

No one dares to attack Obama? Hahaha. Whatever.

When has anyone who attacked Obama been labeled racist? It happens everywhere on this forum and I have yet to see anyone labeled a racist.

He’s not even that black. He’s like, brownish.

Err… no one seemed to make a big deal when bush appointed a bunch of lawyers from Pat Robertson’s fucktarded law school, so I think I’ll let this one slide until he seems to take after the guy… at all…

[quote]100meters wrote:

I have a feeling that perhaps like alot of real people, the minister probably isn’t a one dimensional character who hates america. There were probably alot of other aspects to him and the congregation that drew Obama to the church and kept him there, and I’m pretty sure that hating America wasn’t one of them. Again Obama wasn’t there for any of these crazy sermons, and one would think the minister knew that… Also do you really think that privately their conversations centered around on how to destroy america? I really don’t think so.

[/quote]

I’m dubious of the fact Obama wasn’t there for any of the anti-American sermons - but it’s not something that I would think would be provable, unless someone got a check written from him and put in the offering plate on the day someone could verify one of those sermons was given.

It’s not that the guy has to be one-dimensional, or that he and Obama sat around privately talking about destroying America. Those are straw men. The question that arises, to me, is why Obama wasn’t bothered enough by this guy to find a new church. Why he and his wife promoted him, given that aspect of his ministry and teachings.

This is just me, but when I was looking for churches, I eliminated pastors who gave political sermons - from either side of the aisle. I don’t go to church for politics. And it wasn’t like you could go many weeks without finding out if the pastor had a predilection for inserting political beliefs into his sermons - and if he did, his politics were obvious. So again, color me dubious on the denials.

ADDENDUM: See: Little Green Footballs

Just for the sake of argument, if Obama were to have sat in on these sermons and still supported this guy, would it bother you?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Err… no one seemed to make a big deal when bush appointed a bunch of lawyers from Pat Robertson’s fucktarded law school, so I think I’ll let this one slide until he seems to take after the guy… at all…[/quote]

Hmmm - low level political appointees who were appointed for their conservative bona fides. Not the same thing.

Again, how would you view McCain if Pat Robertson were his weekly pastor, and married him and his wife?

Some more analysis of Obama’s response:

racially obsessed religious hypocrite

Beowolf wrote:
Err… no one seemed to make a big deal when bush appointed a bunch of lawyers from Pat Robertson’s fucktarded law school, so I think I’ll let this one slide until he seems to take after the guy… at all…

Hmmm - low level political appointees who were appointed for their conservative bona fides. Not the same thing.

Again, how would you view McCain if Pat Robertson were his weekly pastor, and married him and his wife?[/quote]

I don’t see how taking the worst of what people say and using to political advantage is better than taking the best of what someone said, and using it as inspiration to “bring the country togeather”.

Again he outright refutes the negative comments, and nothing in his message relates to them.

Also, I thought Obama was a muslim?

I don’t think he’s a muslim or the antichrist but at this point it wouldn’t be much worse if he was found to be a muslim.
either he knew all along who he was dealing with and is lying about it or he’s so cluelss we can’t trust his insight and judgment.

Understand I am no fan of either Clinton or Mc Cain but he is making both of them look not quite as bad which may be what the
original plan was. Think about the likes
of Karl Rove mapping out a strategy, thinking 3 or 4 moves ahead. Notice I said
“the likes of” not Rove himself.

Wright converted him to Christianity,
performed his wedding, baptized his daughters, dedicated his house, prayed with
him before he announced his candidacy,
was his sounding board and inspired the title of his book and served on his campaign
community without Obama having more than “a
couple of five minute conversations” with him. Bit of a stretch there I believe. About like Hillary being a Yankee fan all her life.

Obama’s statements have been a bit lame.
Like his church not being that controversial
or everybody having an uncle like that.
Thank God I don’t have an uncle like that.

And Obama and Wright probably didn’t get
together and talk about destroying
America. But then their definition of
destroying might be different from mine.
Maybe Michelle isn’t quite as good at
hiding the influence Wright had on her
as Barack is.

From the beginning I’ve marvelled at the
following Obama’s had because he’s talked
about hope and change without being specific. Reminds me more of Carter than JFK. All people wanted then was a change
from the Republicans. Lots of people have
brought change—Hitler, Lenin, Castro,
Hugo Chavez, Ayotollah Khomeni…

But will Obama even bring change or is all this just political posturing? What about his inside deal with Canada on NAFTA or
his aide telling the BBC he wouldn’t really withdraw from Iraq?

I have more questions than answers right now.
This is shaping up to be a very troubling election. I have no problem voting for a black or a woman or even a black woman.
Just can’t vote for this black or Hillary.
Do you see who that leaves?

[quote]Gael wrote:
When has Obama played the race card?
[/quote]
He doesn’t have to. He has outsourced his race card shield and lets other do it for him.

No one is calling him out on his bullshit. No one is valuing him at face value. The ones who do are condemmned by the media as racists. Because of this, fewer and fewer people even dare speak his middle name.

I am watching the CNN right now, and the headline as of this moment is "Geraldine Ferraro resigns over RACIST remark.

I will remind people: “God bless America? No! God DAMN America!”

Obama attended this mans church for 20 years. 20 years of “God DAMN America”. Why are people ignoring this?