Obama's Investments

He obviously never keeps track of $50,000. I know I never would.

Is this like Bill Clinton forgetting about ‘selling his mother’s house’?

Wanna buy some wood?

What a crook. When he got caught he had to sell the stock for a loss. Sometimes there is justice.

Also of interest:

His wife, Michelle, a hospital vice president in Chicago, received a promotion that March, nearly tripling her salary to $317,000, and they bought a $1.6 million house in June. The house sat on a large property that was subdivided to make it more affordable, and one of Mr. Obama?s political donors bought the adjacent lot.

They are all crooks.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

They are all crooks.[/quote]

Agreed. I might add scum as well. And glory seeking egotists comes to mind too.

Interesting development.

I wonder how many threads and posts we would have if the name wasn’t “Obama”, but was “DeLay” while the latter was serving…?

Something definitely smells rotten in the state of Denmark…

At the very least, he’s not acting very bright if he’s trusting political donors to lead him to investments and then give him policy advice on same.

Then there was that real estate transaction too. Don’t know much about that, but remember hearing about it.

Still, the young padawan still has much to learn about investing – he lost money, whereas Hillary, investing prodigy that she was, got that 10,000% return on cattle futures…

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Interesting development.

I wonder how many threads and posts we would have if the name wasn’t “Obama”, but was “DeLay” while the latter was serving…?
[/quote]

I’m gonna go ahead and guess just one…

DeLay was a corrupt motherfucker. Obama is a politician. To compare; Libby is a corrupt motherfucker. George Bush Jr. is a politician.

Politicians are scum. DeLay was bottom of the barrel scum.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

I’m gonna go ahead and guess just one…

DeLay was a corrupt motherfucker. Obama is a politician. To compare; Libby is a corrupt motherfucker. George Bush Jr. is a politician.[/quote]

You miss the point - how did we find out DeLay was corrupt? It is not as though he had it tattooed on his neck.

We found out he was corrupt by learning of dealings like these.

Speaking of that, anyone have any news on the Texas trial of DeLay? I heard it likely isn’t going to trial.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:

Still, the young padawan still has much to learn about investing – he lost money, whereas Hillary, investing prodigy that she was, got that 10,000% return on cattle futures…[/quote]

She has my vote over him because she is obviously much more astute in economic matters.

How’d he get them to release his transcripts? LOL!

"Updated: 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
BOSTON - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama got more than an education when he attended Harvard Law School in the late 1980s. He also got a healthy stack of parking tickets, most of which he never paid.

The Illinois Senator shelled out $375 in January - two weeks before he officially launched his presidential campaign - to finally pay for 15 outstanding parking tickets and their associated late fees.

The story was first reported Wednesday by The Somerville News."

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
How’d he get them to release his transcripts? LOL!

"Updated: 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
BOSTON - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama got more than an education when he attended Harvard Law School in the late 1980s. He also got a healthy stack of parking tickets, most of which he never paid.

The Illinois Senator shelled out $375 in January - two weeks before he officially launched his presidential campaign - to finally pay for 15 outstanding parking tickets and their associated late fees.

The story was first reported Wednesday by The Somerville News."

[/quote]

If the name on the registration doesn’t perfectly match the name on your college registration, then they won’t place a hold. Your DMV registration will still be on hold though. I got out of a small fortune worth of parking tickets in college because I totaled my car shortly before I had to renew my registration. So technically, I think I’m in the same boat as Obama.