'Obama's Gotta Go'

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
Name 5 things that Romney is going to do substantially different than Obama. Seriously. [/quote]

1. Get rid of Obamacare.

2. Romney will not raise taxes.

3. Treat Israel like the ally that they are.

4. Reverse Obama’s mandate that states do not have to force those on welfare to find real work.

5. Finally, Romney will not add 5 trillion dollars to the national debt as Obama did. In fact I believe that much of this will be paid down.

There are many more reasons to vote for Romney but there are the five that differences that you asked for.

I will only add that if anyone thinks that there are no differences between Obama and Romney they are either stupid or young and foolish.

The front of Newsweek is a surprise to me as they are usually left wing in their reporting. But as was said earlier on this thread perhaps they are actually tyring to survive and the only way to do it is to begin appealing to those who watch FOX News, which by the way is over half the country. Since anyone with a functioning brain stem knows that impartial journalism is now dead it’s time to choose sides. Most seem to be still sniffing Obama’s butt, but some others, (perhaps Newsweek now who knows?)are coming out against him and it is truly a welcome sight.

Hit The Road Barack!

Yeah, that has a nice ring to it

Hmm Zeb’s 2 posts disappeared

I would like to see the various Czars shipped out also.

It seems that Congressional Dems are so blinded by Obama’s radiance, they don’t realize the unelected, unaccountable, and virtually omnipotent Czars have usurped their powers, not someone else’s
s.

[quote]treco wrote:
Hmm Zeb’s 2 posts disappeared

I would like to see the various Czars shipped out also.

It seems that Congressional Dems are so blinded by Obama’s radiance, they don’t realize the unelected, unaccountable, and virtually omnipotent Czars have usurped their powers, not someone else’s
s.
[/quote]

Biden has been calling people pigs because they are bitching about Dodd-Frank.

I’ve destroyed that paper tiger peice of shit legislation before and can again. It was purely, 100% a furthering of the problem, cleverly hidden in a “regulation”.

Add that bullshit to this bullshit:

http://nation.foxnews.com/obama/2012/08/11/obama-signs-bill-which-exempts-presidential-appointees-congressional-confirmation#ixzz23LxeMC8y

SMH… Seems the only thing congress can agree on is fucking us in th ass.

I starting to think that Obama could get trounced…just like the dems did in 2010.

[quote]Sweet Revenge wrote:
I starting to think that Obama could get trounced…just like the dems did in 2010.[/quote]

This is my thinking, SR.

The “Not Obama” vote is strong, motivated, and registering in record numbers.

I’ll say it again …

President Obama is the best thing to happen to the GOP since President Reagan.

Now it will be up to them to deliver.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:<<< Personally I think that we have a totally broken system, and that no one Party has a real answer to fix it.
Mufasa
[/quote]We have totally broken citizens. The system as designed works fine, or at least better than any other so far, with the people that were around when it was launched.

[quote]ZEB wrote:<<< I will only add that if anyone thinks that there are no differences between Obama and Romney they are either stupid or young and foolish.[/quote]I certainly don’t think there’s no difference or I wouldn’t vote. I do not however think the difference will be great enough by itself to really matter 20 years from now

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:<<< Personally I think that we have a totally broken system, and that no one Party has a real answer to fix it.
Mufasa
[/quote]We have totally broken citizens. The system as designed works fine, or at least better than any other so far, with the people that were around when it was launched.
[/quote]

Trib is right.

Most of the undecided voters are fucking stupid, or should I say “stooooooooopid.”

The remaining votes will be based on the last debate, the last big gaffe, or the last memorable clusterfuck by either person.

I am not a big Romney fan, but Obama turned out to be another Chicago thug.

I also find it interesting that Obama is raising less money, spending more money then Romney, and still within the margin of error of most polls.

An important point to remember is one that Zeb alluded to in another thread.

Romney being “even” with the President at this point most likely means that he is “ahead” in the sense that the “Not Obama” vote will most likely have a much greater turn-out come Election Day.

Another point (related to the first); it appears that the “undecided” vote will not decide this election. What will decide it will be the turnout of each Candidates Base…and right now that favors Romney.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

I’ll say it again …

President Obama is the best thing to happen to the GOP since President Reagan.

Mufasa[/quote]

LOL, Good one

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Trib is right.

Most of the undecided voters are fucking stupid, or should I say “stooooooooopid.” [/quote]

No, they aren’t. Many Americans - thankfully - just aren’t obsessed with politics, and they are often “low-information” voters.

That isn’t always a good thing, especially when the stakes are high (and this election is one of those), but this continued gripe that “voters are dumb” isn’t true, whether I hear it from the Left or the Right.

The rest of the time, that can be part of a good thing - it helps moderate politics in our country somewhat - and I, for one, don’t want to see America dissolve into the ideological trench warfare among citizens to the point that politics infects everything you do (as has been the case in Europe from time to time).

My statement was not referring to intelligence. It was referring to character.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
Name 5 things that Romney is going to do substantially different than Obama. Seriously. [/quote]

I’ll leave that to Zeb.

Personally I think that we have a totally broken system, and that no one Party has a real answer to fix it.

Mufasa
[/quote]

Another party will rise, because the main parties won’t be able to resolve the country’s problems. It will be authoritarian in nature led by a charismatic leader. My guess is that this change will occur in the year 2024.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
An important point to remember is one that Zeb alluded to in another thread.

Romney being “even” with the President at this point most likely means that he is “ahead” in the sense that the “Not Obama” vote will most likely have a much greater turn-out come Election Day.

Another point (related to the first); it appears that the “undecided” vote will not decide this election. What will decide it will be the turnout of each Candidates Base…and right now that favors Romney.

Mufasa[/quote]

Remember what I said would happen (long ago) in a close election? I said that the main stream liberal media would attempt to tarnish Romney by focusing on his Mormon faith. And sure enough MSNBC has a special planned which involves the alleged shabby treatment of women in the Mormon faith. This plays quite well to the trumped up charges of “war on women” that the Obama team is claiming against the republicans.

And that is one reason why it will be very difficult for Romney/Ryan to pull this off. They may have more money in the final weeks but they have to battle not only the Obama team but the MSLM as well.

Granted MSNBC has a very small viewership but the others have not weighed in on Mormonism yet either and I assure you that they will.

[quote]ZEB wrote:<<< sure enough MSNBC has a special planned which involves the alleged shabby treatment of women in the Mormon faith. This plays quite well to the trumped up charges of “war on women” that the Obama team is claiming against the republicans. >>>[/quote]They’re gonna blow it too. I can see it comin. They’re gonna focus largely on the non LDS fundy spinoffs allowing him to simply say that “that ain’t my faith”. There is no poor treatment of women in the LDS religion. Maybe by man hating feminist standards, but not actually. They should have hired me. I could almost make him retract his candidacy if they put me in charge of destroying him. Amateurs.[quote]ZEB wrote:<<< Granted MSNBC has a very small viewership but the others have not weighed in on Mormonism yet either and I assure you that they will. >>>[/quote]Hopefully they do a better job.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

1. Get rid of Obamacare.

2. Romney will not raise taxes.

3. Treat Israel like the ally that they are.

4. Reverse Obama’s mandate that states do not have to force those on welfare to find real work.

5. Finally, Romney will not add 5 trillion dollars to the national debt as Obama did. In fact I believe that much of this will be paid down.

There are many more reasons to vote for Romney but there are the five that differences that you asked for.

I will only add that if anyone thinks that there are no differences between Obama and Romney they are either stupid or young and foolish.

[/quote]

1. What part of Obamacare is Romney going to get rid of because he’ not going to repeal the whole thing regardless of what he says in his campaign rhetoric. It’s just not possible to do that.

2. I cry BS. Every president says that in their campaign and every president raises taxes. What proof do you have that he won’t raise taxes? Historically “no new taxes” is an untenable position and most politicians have to bend somewhere on this issue. So you cut taxes somewhere and raise rates on something else.

3. Romney is certainly more of a friend to Israel than Obama is but we’ve got competing interests in that region. We will always support Saudi Arabia because of their oil reserves just like we’ll support Bahrain. We are at odds with Iran but the most we’ll do there will be prolonged air strikes (which either President would do). I’m not sure what you mean by “treat Israel like the ally they are”. Does that mean give them a warmer reception? Sure. Does that mean fully support them militarily? Probably not. I don’t see either Pres acting any different to them than we do now.

4. Does Romney claim that in his campaign? OK, so he might try to implement that but there are plenty of welfare recipients who are on welfare because they can’t physically work. This one is going to be a protracted battle that takes a long time to implement and gets a lot of appeals to it.

5. Possibly but he would have to buck the trend from the past 30 years. Do you think he’s that guy?

james

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

1. What part of Obamacare is Romney going to get rid of because he’ not going to repeal the whole thing regardless of what he says in his campaign rhetoric. It’s just not possible to do that.[/quote]

With a republican house and senate Romney can make the entire thing go away. That means he has two chances to do it, 2012, and 2014. So that is one major difference.

Wrong:

Ronald Reagan promised to lower taxes and he did! He lowered them to the lowest that they’ve been in modern day. And guess what? He created 20 million private sector jobs by doing it. Some Presidents do get it. Romney has promised to lower taxes. Obama has promised to raise them. Enough said that is difference number two!

You conceded the point in this first sentence. That is difference number three!

Wrong again it was done by executive order and can be undone the exact same way. That takes one stroke of the pen. And that is difference number four!

Wrong (again) Bill Clinton and the republican congress balanced the budget! All it takes is will and the ability to negotiate with the other side two things Obama does not have. And Romney has promised to do this. That is difference number five!

Bye.

You give Clinton AND his republican congress too much credit. The myth of Clinton balancing the budget and producing surpluses belongs with unicorns and elves, in the realm of myths. The last president to preside over a balanced budget/surplus was Dwight Eisenhower, whose government saw surpluses of approximately $2 billion in 1956 and â??57

[quote]ZEB wrote:<<< the ability to negotiate with the other side >>>[/quote]I was hoping these idiotic negotiations with the other side were going to end when GWB took office. Alas it was not to be so. 6 years and we wound up with some mediocre tax cuts and a new medicare bill. They had unfettered single party rule with significant majorities and a better president than Romney will ever be. I’m asking. Why is this time going to be different even IF they get the senate back?? Don’t get me wrong. I’m hopin, but that’s all it is. There’s no actual reason to.