'Obama's Gotta Go'

Pleasantly surprised Newsweek put this on the cover. Time for Barry to retire to the golf course…
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/08/19/niall-ferguson-on-why-barack-obama-needs-to-go.html

Yeah, I read about this. Pretty surprising.

I really think the Republicans blew a prime opportunity. Obama will not win the election Romney will lose it . I know the results are the same

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I really think the Republicans blew a prime opportunity. Obama will not win the election Romney will lose it . I know the results are the same [/quote]

(“Broken Record” time for me, Pitt…)

I feel the opposite.

It’s an “Obama/Not-Obama” election, and Romney doesn’t “win”, but Obama loses.

(Same results).

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I really think the Republicans blew a prime opportunity. Obama will not win the election Romney will lose it . I know the results are the same [/quote]

(“Broken Record” time for me, Pitt…)

I feel the opposite.

It’s an “Obama/Not-Obama” election, and Romney doesn’t “win”, but Obama loses.

(Same results).

Mufasa[/quote]

I have no crystal ball

Me neither!

It’s just a feeling…

I just think the “momentum” and most fired-up base is behind Romney at this point.

Mufasa

Name 5 things that Romney is going to do substantially different than Obama. Seriously.

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
Name 5 things that Romney is going to do substantially different than Obama. Seriously. [/quote]

I’ll leave that to Zeb.

Personally I think that we have a totally broken system, and that no one Party has a real answer to fix it.

Mufasa

I agree. I don’t think that America is going to win regardless of who gets elected. Romney is going to do much the same. Instead of focusing on the economy he’ll focus on reversing Obamacare. Well, Obama spent his tenure wasting time on healthcare instead of the economy. Both presidents are fixated on taxes as the solution for our economy when clearly it’s not. OK, so where’s the difference?

Four more years of suck regardless.

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
Four more years of suck regardless. [/quote]

I can’t say I’m any more optimistic than you are. But I do think “less government, suck” is better than “more government, suck”. Small steps…

edit to add: The only thing I’m “for” when it comes to a choice between the two parties is Gridlock with a capital G. Less damage that way. My simplistic .02 when it comes to politics.

Hearing crickets from the ‘leftie liberal media conspiracy’ camp here hehehe…but I’m sure they will be along directly with the ‘one swallow doesn’t make a summer’ argument.

Hey-hey! ho-ho! Obama’S gotta go!

Punnyguy, do you think that Romney would mean less government?

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
Name 5 things that Romney is going to do substantially different than Obama. Seriously. [/quote]

I’ll leave that to Zeb.

Personally I think that we have a totally broken system, and that no one Party has a real answer to fix it.

Mufasa
[/quote]

Obama will increase taxes more and increase spending less. Romney will cut taxes more and cut spending less or possibly increase spending less. rather than either of them doing what is right which is increase taxes and cut spending

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
Hearing crickets from the ‘leftie liberal media conspiracy’ camp here hehehe…but I’m sure they will be along directly with the ‘one swallow doesn’t make a summer’ argument.[/quote]

Do I really need to start taking screen shots of the headlines on MSNBC everyday?

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
Punnyguy, do you think that Romney would mean less government? [/quote]

Honestly, I don’t really know about Romney per se. But I do believe over time the Pubs will have less gov’t than the Dems (gridlock still the best for that of course). And if Obama wins a second term, I do believe he will go all out to cement a legacy if you will, which will mean more gov’t (since he no longer has to worry about re-election in the future).

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Yeah, I read about this. Pretty surprising. [/quote]

not really surprising, they predictably do something like this every year and half or so.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Hearing crickets from the ‘leftie liberal media conspiracy’ camp here hehehe…but I’m sure they will be along directly with the ‘one swallow doesn’t make a summer’ argument.[/quote]

Do I really need to start taking screen shots of the headlines on MSNBC everyday?[/quote]

Sure. If you can show me one conservative print media outlet leading with a story on why Obama should be re-elected.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Do I really need to start taking screen shots of the headlines on MSNBC everyday?[/quote]

Sure. If you can show me one conservative print media outlet leading with a story on why Obama should be re-elected.
[/quote]

haha, we both know that shit isn’t going to happen.

With liberal mags and liberal news outlets enjoying uber low ratings, compared with ratings such as Fox News, perhaps they are looking to survive?