Obama's Allies

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:

The difference between us is I dislike Obama for things he has actually said and/or stands for, as opposed to positions he does not hold that are invented by lying pundits and hacks. I’d urge you to read books and journalists who have at least a marginal interest in finding the truth.[/quote]

Wow…ouch

[quote]ProwlCat wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
ProwlCat wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
pat wrote:
Don’t forget he’s buddying up with the taliban…We to reach out to them you know…He is a fool.

Um, yeah, we should be reaching out to reconcilable Taliban when possible to help us get to some messy solution over there. Ahmed Rashid, who is in more danger of having his head chopped off than most Pakistanis, feels that way. That’s how you “win” these wars. SOI? Anbar Awakening? Chieu Hoi? Do any of these mean anything to you? Doubt it somehow.

There are a lot of good reasons not to like Obama and where he’ll take us. This is not one of them.

Wow. You can justify anything this guy does, can’t you? I think we should just start asking: What can Obama possibly do that may cause you to second guess his genius? Since you mentioned it, give us some of the good reasons to not like Obama.

Abortion
Multiculturalism
Immigration
Free trade (I’m an agnostic here, but he ran on “American jobs”, which was BS)
Gun control (although I doubt he’ll do anything serious about it)
Stem cell research
Supports Ukraine and Georgia in NATO, which is idiotic
Potentially very interventionist overseas
Gay rights agenda that is on a collision course with freedom of religion
Not a “Marxist”, which should be obvious, but more statist than most
Supported the TARP and now has his own terrible stimulus bill
As slavishly pro-Israel as everyone else (contrary to whatever partisan crap you’re reading)

The difference between us is I dislike Obama for things he has actually said and/or stands for, as opposed to positions he does not hold that are invented by lying pundits and hacks. I’d urge you to read books and journalists who have at least a marginal interest in finding the truth.

I agree with most of your list. Although, in my opinion, it’s worse then you think. He’s most of what you think he is not. I simply hold the view that he’s the worst thing that could have happened to our county [/quote]

Nah, McCain would have been (marginally) worse. Didn’t vote for either one of them though.

[quote]pat wrote:
That list is correct, but budding up with the taliban should be on there…It is a very dangerous game he is playing. Those people are not our friends, giving them an opportunity to hold power and legitimize them in anyway will in fact enable them to attack us again.

The taliban is radical by definition, their only solution to our existence is death. It is what they say, preach and do. There is just no excuse for it.
[/quote]

Were you opposed when we did the exact same thing in Iraq 18 months ago (Sons of Iraq/Anbar Awakening), which is the reason we may be able to get out of there without it being a complete failure? I doubt it.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
pat wrote:
That list is correct, but budding up with the taliban should be on there…It is a very dangerous game he is playing. Those people are not our friends, giving them an opportunity to hold power and legitimize them in anyway will in fact enable them to attack us again.

The taliban is radical by definition, their only solution to our existence is death. It is what they say, preach and do. There is just no excuse for it.

Were you opposed when we did the exact same thing in Iraq 18 months ago (Sons of Iraq/Anbar Awakening), which is the reason we may be able to get out of there without it being a complete failure? I doubt it.[/quote]

Good Lord…It doesn’t matter what we did in Iraq. There are no fucking “moderate talibans” anywhere, period. We already have all the counter insurgents we can get on the pay role and working for us in Asscrackistan. The whole notion is stupid because it doesn’t exist. It would have been smarter for him to say he was going to get the Hell’s Angles to go fight for us there, because at least they exist. He might as well have said martians. Because there are exactly as many martians as moderate taliban…None.