Obama's 2nd Term

Let’s see I think he’s well on the fast track to further wrecking the economy. As soon as his tax hikes and Obamacare kick in that will be enough for another recession in a couple of years. Between that and his exceptionally poor foreign policy (Benghazi was over an Internet video LOL). He’ll go down in history as one of the worst Presidents to ever hold the office. But the media won’t tell us that, and academia won’t say a word…so those who like him will go on pretending.

Ho hum…

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Let’s see I think he’s well on the fast track to further wrecking the economy. As soon as his tax hikes and Obamacare kick in that will be enough for another recession in a couple of years. Between that and his exceptionally poor foreign policy (Benghazi was over an Internet video LOL). He’ll go down in history as one of the worst Presidents to ever hold the office. But the media won’t tell us that, and academia won’t say a word…so those who like him will go on pretending.

Ho hum…[/quote]

Those who like him do not pretend to like him. They hold him up as savior of the poor man. He will get those rich white folk and give it to us. The lie is he is keeping it for himself. He has no plans to give it to the poor.

He has a pretty low approval rating for a 2nd term guy, even Dubya’s was higher.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
He has a pretty low approval rating for a 2nd term guy, even Dubya’s was higher. [/quote]

If true that is incredibly sad. To have an approval rating lower than a man who is borderline retarded.

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
He has a pretty low approval rating for a 2nd term guy, even Dubya’s was higher. [/quote]

If true that is incredibly sad. To have an approval rating lower than a man who is borderline retarded.
[/quote]

You’ve got to love America. You can become President of the United States, twice, and still have some no named person call you a retard on the internet. You stay classy Zeppelin.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

You’ve got to love America. You can become President of the United States, twice, and still have some no named person call you a retard on the internet. You stay classy Zeppelin. [/quote]

Wow no one on this forum has been derogatory towards a President that was elected twice . Goyt to love some one that is that plugged in :slight_smile:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

You’ve got to love America. You can become President of the United States, twice, and still have some no named person call you a retard on the internet. You stay classy Zeppelin. [/quote]

Wow no one on this forum has been derogatory towards a President that was elected twice . Goyt to love some one that is that plugged in :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I’d say the same thing if someone said this about Obama.

You can dismount your high horse now.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can dismount your high horse now. [/quote]

Accept my apologies then :slight_smile:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Accept my apologies then :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Apology accepted and if in the future I don’t stand by these word, call me on it. I do my best to be a man of my word.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

Actually GW Bush’s IQ is 125, not a genius but well above average. You really have to stop listening to the mainstream liberal media.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly, Obama is absolutely no smarter than Bush according to his SAT’s. But the left gets to call Bush retarded because they said he was dumb so many times we’re supposed to accept it as fact.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

Actually GW Bush’s IQ is 125, not a genius but well above average. You really have to stop listening to the mainstream liberal media.[/quote]

He apparently has an extremely impressive memory as well. And his reading list, if we’re to believe it, has always been serious. He is not articulate and maybe not exactly an intellectual, but not stupid as liberals shouted again and again for almost a decade.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly, Obama is absolutely no smarter than Bush according to his SAT’s. But the left gets to call Bush retarded because they said he was dumb so many times we’re supposed to accept it as fact.[/quote]

I never claimed Bush to have a inferior intellect , Bush made some errors that effected the economy and the middle class, 2 unfunded wars with a tax cut . That would be like you buying a new house and reducing your income on purpose

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

W was and am sure still is borderline retarded. He has got to be the dumbest President we have ever had. The guy couldn’t even string together a full sentence. A total embarrassment. But because he was a republican you get all offended.

As in his inauguration stated, he’ll push for left-wing priorities while whistling past the biggest challenges. The open maw of unsustainable entitlements is not something Obama is interested in - and I’ve thought this since he was elected in 2008: Obama doesn’t think we have an entitlement problem. He thinks they are fine, simply underfunded.

Obama won’t dare have his legacy defined by a constriction of the welfare state. He has zero interest in the “hard choices” he refers to, but never defines or addresses. To the contrary, he wants to keep what we have, and add onto it, and raise taxes to pay for it.

What’s interesting is if you said that in 2008, you’d be labeled an objecting right-winger just projecting onto the President. Now, after 4 years of governing and that inaugural speech, to recognize this fact now is to simply remark on the uncontroversial. There is nothing terribly partisan or novel about recognizing that Obama simply doesn’t think the entitlement situation is problematic or unsustainable.

But, it will cost him his place in history. Obamacare is already turning out to be a logistical and financial wreck that will have to be pulled from the ditch, and Obama - ironically - will find himself a man stuck in the past: a man insisting that the world adopt a political view better suited to the 1930s through the 1960s rather than 2012.

I’ve said it a bunch, and it’s now more obviously true than ever after his speech - Obama is no progressive. He is a reactionary and a romantic. He wants to pass laws that, assuming you think they are a good idea from the outset, were from a different era that no longer work in the modern age. He wants the world to be 1950 again, and he wants to impose a kind of social democracy in the framework of that age - where there was lots of ascendant post-war wealth and prosperity and it needed to be “shared” around better.

Obama is a man enamored with the past for all the wrong reasons - a reactionary. I’d predict history sorts him out exactly this way, and the next two presidents will have nothing but a larger mess to clean up.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
As in his inauguration stated, he’ll push for left-wing priorities while whistling past the biggest challenges. The open maw of unsustainable entitlements is not something Obama is interested in - and I’ve thought this since he was elected in 2008: Obama doesn’t think we have an entitlement problem. He thinks they are fine, simply underfunded.

Obama won’t dare have his legacy defined by a constriction of the welfare state. He has zero interest in the “hard choices” he refers to, but never defines or addresses. To the contrary, he wants to keep what we have, and add onto it, and raise taxes to pay for it.

What’s interesting is if you said that in 2008, you’d be labeled an objecting right-winger just projecting onto the President. Now, after 4 years of governing and that inaugural speech, to recognize this fact now is to simply remark on the uncontroversial. There is nothing terribly partisan or novel about recognizing that Obama simply doesn’t think the entitlement situation is problematic or unsustainable.

But, it will cost him his place in history. Obamacare is already turning out to be a logistical and financial wreck that will have to be pulled from the ditch, and Obama - ironically - will find himself a man stuck in the past: a man insisting that the world adopt a political view better suited to the 1930s through the 1960s rather than 2012.

I’ve said it a bunch, and it’s now more obviously true than ever after his speech - Obama is no progressive. He is a reactionary and a romantic. He wants to pass laws that, assuming you think they are a good idea from the outset, were from a different era that no longer work in the modern age. He wants the world to be 1950 again, and he wants to impose a kind of social democracy in the framework of that age - where there was lots of ascendant post-war wealth and prosperity and it needed to be “shared” around better.

Obama is a man enamored with the past for all the wrong reasons - a reactionary. I’d predict history sorts him out exactly this way, and the next two presidents will have nothing but a larger mess to clean up.[/quote]

Well said.

In grasping for legacy, he is reaching past the unsexy statecraft that would actually win hima favorable place in the history books.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

In grasping for legacy, he is reaching past the unsexy statecraft that would actually win hima favorable place in the history books.[/quote]

And I reckon this is why there has been no real Grand Bargain, and likely won’t be. He isn’t interested in one.

In my view, if the GOP was smart - and it ain’t, but if it was - it would start mothering the Grandest of Grand Bargains tomorrow morning, and fashion it to attract conservative and moderate Democrats.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

W was and am sure still is borderline retarded. He has got to be the dumbest President we have ever had. The guy couldn’t even string together a full sentence. A total embarrassment. But because he was a republican you get all offended.[/quote]

Who said I’m a Republican.

I’m not offended by your ignorance. I’m sure if a microphone / camera was in your face as much as the POTUS you wouldn’t make any gaffes either, right?

Say Bush is a borderline retard is like saying Barry Bonds couldn’t hit because his career batting average is below .300.

I want to know the great accomplishments of intellect that make the great Zepplin superior than a man that ran the free world for 8 years?

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly, Obama is absolutely no smarter than Bush according to his SAT’s. But the left gets to call Bush retarded because they said he was dumb so many times we’re supposed to accept it as fact.[/quote]

Considering the fact that most of what Bush implemented has been signed out off many times by obama, is a testament to the fact that he wasn’t as dumb as people thought.
Patriot Act - check
Guantanamo - check
War on terror - check
most of the tax cuts - check
No child left behind - check
etc.

It’s interesting that rallying against these things got him elected and he reimplemented most of them. Of course when Bush did it, he was an idiot. When obama extends them, time after time, nary a peep.