Obama's 2013 Budget

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:
No one in here is fucking qualified to discuss a government budget (including me). We really don’t understand it, as much we’d like to think we do. That’s one of the major problems with the voting system, but, unfortunately, our voting system is the best compromise to date.[/quote]

Damn , I 'm impressed honesty

[/quote]

Why?

Just because you don’t agree with some of the posters on here, does not mean that they are not very intelligent.

[quote]Oleena wrote:
No one in here is fucking qualified to discuss a government budget (including me). [/quote]

Apparently our elected officials aren’t either.

More on the budget:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/13/us-usa-budget-foreign-idUSTRE81C1C920120213

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:
No one in here is fucking qualified to discuss a government budget (including me). We really don’t understand it, as much we’d like to think we do. That’s one of the major problems with the voting system, but, unfortunately, our voting system is the best compromise to date.[/quote]

Actually it’s pretty damn simple…when you are running deficits this large and do nothing to reign in the problems, it means we are all FUCKED.

[/quote]

Could be. Could also be that there are hundreds of considerations we aren’t aware of.[/quote]

The hundred of thousands of gnoms they have in labor camps spinning straw to gold?

Their cousin Eddy that has a fail safe business plan?

Na, just kidding with you you are perfectly right, there are hundreds of considerations we aren’t aware of…

The fact that you believe that those things we are not aware of are done for our benefit is positively hilarious though.

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

No one in here is fucking qualified to discuss a government budget (including me).[/quote]

Speak for yourself.[/quote]

You’ve spent a good portion of your life learning the ins and outs of government budget on a college+ level?[/quote]

I spent a good portion of my life trying not to go broke on the + level and I am pretty sure they are doing it wrong.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

Actually it’s pretty damn simple…when you are running deficits this large and do nothing to reign in the problems, it means we are all FUCKED.

[/quote]

Could be. Could also be that there are hundreds of considerations we aren’t aware of.[/quote]

The hundred of thousands of gnoms they have in labor camps spinning straw to gold?

Na, just kidding with you you are perfectly right, there are hundreds of considerations we aren’t aware of…

The fact that you believe that those things we are not aware of are done for our benefit is positively hilarious though.

[/quote]

You are Mr. Assumptions of late! First you assume that I think America is more greedy than other places simply because I said “Yes, they’re greedy” and then this. What about my post would possibly lead you to conclude that I think I know “those things we are not aware of are done for our benefit”, or make you believe I’ve even had something like that thought cross my mind at any point?

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
…or 2 or 3 or 4 congresses…GOP OR DEM majority.

It is a SYSTEMIC and HUGE problem that will require the political will of everyone of BOTH parties to solve.

Mufasa[/quote]

This.

This president is just not willing to shrink the government. He’s a coward and a liar.

It doesn’t take a phd in Economics to understand that consistently spending more than you bring in is not sustainable in the long run. All it takes is intelligence at the 5 year old level.

More from the post-partisan President (“no red, no blue”) that simply wants can all the ideological fighting to pursue things that work:

Obamaâ??s Budget Ends Funding for D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program…

The D.C. OSP has been highly successful. According to federally-mandated evaluations of the program, student achievement has increased, and graduation rates of voucher students have increased significantly. While graduation rates in D.C. Public Schools hover around 55 percent, students who used a voucher to attend private school had a 91 percent graduation rate.

And at $8,000, the vouchers are a bargain compared to the estimated $18,000 spent per child by D.C. Public Schools.[/i]

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/13/presidents-budget-eliminates-funding-for-d-c-opportunity-scholarship-program/

Here we have a highly successful voucher program giving the children of poor parents a shot at a quality education, and a President who has made it clear he’ll spend federal money on just about anything can’t find $20 million in a budget of over $3.8 trillion.

This President’s priorities aren’t for the people, or for “what works” - they are for acute special interests, in this instance, the National Education Association. I’ve never seen a president so beholden to special interests since I began following politics.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[/quote]

Why?

Just because you don’t agree with some of the posters on here, does not mean that they are not very intelligent.[/quote]

No I agree with a lot of posters , the ones that claim our elected officials don’t understand it either.

I think we should change our criteria to elect officials , we should also demand transparency in the budget

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[/quote]

Why?

Just because you don’t agree with some of the posters on here, does not mean that they are not very intelligent.[/quote]

No I agree with a lot of posters , the ones that claim our elected officials don’t understand it either.

I think we should change our criteria to elect officials , we should also demand transparency in the budget[/quote]

I believe all of the things you listed were promised by the sitting president.

Perhaps you should take it up with him.

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are Mr. Assumptions of late! First you assume that I think America is more greedy than other places simply because I said “Yes, they’re greedy” and then this. What about my post would possibly lead you to conclude that I think I know “those things we are not aware of are done for our benefit”, or make you believe I’ve even had something like that thought cross my mind at any point?[/quote]

Um, what makes me think that is, that otherwise, your objection that there a gazillion of things that we don`t know about is entirely irrelevant.

You meant to say that they know stuff that we don`t and it is all for the best really and that we should trust our betters.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[/quote]

Why?

I think we should change our criteria to elect officials , we should also demand transparency in the budget[/quote]

I believe all of the things you listed were promised by the sitting president.

Perhaps you should take it up with him.
[/quote]

While I do not buy the Republican rhetoric I am far from happy with Obama. I still maintain the Republicans and Democrats are two sides to the same coin and if I have to choose a side it would be Democrat. I would how ever prefer a different coin

Don’t pass it if its not balanced! and don’t raise taxes! Pretty much means someones going to be out of a job. Perhaps it should be those FDA school lunchroom inspectors.

Pittbull what has Obama done that you are happy with?

[quote]limburg wrote:
Don’t pass it if its not balanced! and don’t raise taxes! Pretty much means someones going to be out of a job. Perhaps it should be those FDA school lunchroom inspectors.

Pittbull what has Obama done that you are happy with?[/quote]

He passed an unfunded 1.5 Trillion dollar health care package…that should count for something.

[quote]Gaius Octavius wrote:
It doesn’t take a phd in Economics to understand that consistently spending more than you bring in is not sustainable in the long run. All it takes is intelligence at the 5 year old level. [/quote]

The Republicans want you to think it is all Obama but this has been happening all my 54 years. Two Presidents had balanced budgets Johnson (DEM) Clinton (DEM)

[quote]limburg wrote:

Pittbull what has Obama done that you are happy with?[/quote]

Problem is some one is going to have to pay the debt. The Wealthy have shifted the burden of taxes to the working man and then the is demonizing the poor and blaming them . So the wealthy should pay their fair share at no less than %90 :slight_smile:

Obama has grown the military spending , he is supporting wall street and it’s bungles . He is cracking down on the medical marijuana dispensaries . Just a short list.