ObamaCare to Cover Mexicans After All

What I call comedic irony, are those who criticize our policy against providing health care for illegal aliens, when their native countries are such a failure that they cannot provide it themselves. Damn those Americans.

My position comes from seeing the other side of the coin. After having spent time at an INS holding facility, as it was the closest Federal Detention Center to my home, I have no sympathy for them. They laugh at us with our weak policies. They laugh at the fact that we are so soft on immigration, and then give their kids citizenship and it’s benefits, they smile at the thought of the welfare checks coming their way. Many of you won’t see that, not the way I have. While many say they come for a better life, they also prey on our generosity (weakness) toward those less “fortunate.” They don’t care about who’s identity they steal, about breaking the law coming here, it’s disgraceful.

[quote]denv23 wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:
In Europe there is a mutual agreement between countries to pick up healthcare costs for people legally in each other’s countries.

If an American gets sick in the UK they can walk into a hospital and get free treatment. Don’t see why that shouldn’t be reciprocated.

Amnesty for so called illegals is a whole other issue though.

ANYONE in the U.S. (illegal, Kenyan, British, Al Queda) can walk into an emergency room and get treatment for anything for free THAT EXACT SAME DAY. I’d say we’re ahead of the rest of the world in that area.[/quote]

this is wrong. this only happens with emergency services, hence EMERGENCY ROOM. stick to playing jacks.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
In Europe there is a mutual agreement between countries to pick up healthcare costs for people legally in each other’s countries.

If an American gets sick in the UK they can walk into a hospital and get free treatment. Don’t see why that shouldn’t be reciprocated.

Amnesty for so called illegals is a whole other issue though.[/quote]

I guess you have never been in a hospital in US because they will treat you no matter where you are from and if you do or don’t have insurance but be ready for a flight home after INS come at takes you away.

This whole health care shit sucks balls everyone gets treated no matter what just when you don’t have insurance you can’t get all the bells and whistles that the paying people get and if you really wanted that shit get off your lazy ass and go to work and pay for your own insurance.

I am sick and tired of hearing people bitch about everything because they might have to work to get something when they think they should get it for free that is whats wrong in America the public is lazy

[quote]PB-Crawl wrote:
denv23 wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

ANYONE in the U.S. (illegal, Kenyan, British, Al Queda) can walk into an emergency room and get treatment for anything for free THAT EXACT SAME DAY. I’d say we’re ahead of the rest of the world in that area.

this is wrong. this only happens with emergency services, hence EMERGENCY ROOM. stick to playing jacks.[/quote]

No, it’s not wrong. You can go to the emergency room with a cold or a bruised toe in the U.S. and they will still treat you. Go back to watching Olbermann assclown.

No one gets deported after treatment.

[quote]borrek wrote:
You guys are funny. And by funny, I mean stupid. The quote very specifically states that illegals can’t be covered.

[b]"Even though I do not believe we can extend coverage to those who are here illegally[/b]

So what if he wants to cover legal immigrants who aren’t citizens? That would mean green card applicants and holders, and Visa holders, who are all contributing something.

As far as amnesty is concerned, you all have two options here:

1-kick all immigrants out (ha good luck)

2-make them legal immigrants of some sort (not necessarily citizens)

Ignoring illegals to reap the benefits of cheap labor is no longer an option. [/quote]

Seeing as you’re from Michigan, you haven’t seen the demographic implications of Mexican immigration to the United States over the past 30 years. They never make it into the middle class [1,2] and thus continue to reap 3 tax dollars for every dollar they put into the system [3]. Combining these facts with their high fertility relative[4] to the national mean essentially means that amnesty involves doubling or tripling the size of the poverty class in the United States over the next 20-30 years. Do you want to live in a country with a tiny middle class, a large underclass, and a soft racial caste system? I sure don’t.

[1] Amazon.com
[2] http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/11/09/BAG92FL9BD1.DTL
[3] Some Robert Rector report I can’t find right now
[4] http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/cacounts/CC_1107HJCC.pdf

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
No one gets deported after treatment.[/quote]

That’s funny I remember reading a story about some hospital doing just that.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534502,00.html

Wait there it is.

[quote]Slayers wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
No one gets deported after treatment.

That’s funny I remember reading a story about some hospital doing just that.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534502,00.html

Wait there it is.[/quote]

Oh wow, I hope you don’t think something happening once doesn’t mean it happens all the time. Especially in an incident such as that one. That guy gambled coming here and lost, if you play you pay.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
What do you think would happen if your policy was imposed? There would be no one left in Mexico, you would be all alone down there. [/quote]

I don’t get your point, if someone is in the country legally, they should be covered for healthcare same as a US citizen would be in Europe (supposing you bring in universal healthcare.)

[quote]denv23 wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

ANYONE in the U.S. (illegal, Kenyan, British, Al Queda) can walk into an emergency room and get treatment for anything for free THAT EXACT SAME DAY. I’d say we’re ahead of the rest of the world in that area.[/quote]

OK cool, wasn’t aware of that. Have fortunately never had to go to hospital in the US.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:

Amnesty for so called illegals is a whole other issue though.[/quote]

Lol, I’m sad I missed this comment when it was posted. How many Americans do you suppose Mexico will cover and how many Mexicans do you suppose we will cover? Which country is currently offering the better health care?

Yeah, that seems like such a fair deal.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

Lol, I’m sad I missed this comment when it was posted. How many Americans do you suppose Mexico will cover and how many Mexicans do you suppose we will cover? Which country is currently offering the better health care?

Yeah, that seems like such a fair deal.[/quote]

This is exactly what I was getting at. What happens when you offer free shit? Everyone comes and no one leaves. Look what happened at the border yesterday, 3 vans carrying 74 people tried to drive past the border, and bullets started flying.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

Yeah, that seems like such a fair deal.

This is exactly what I was getting at. What happens when you offer free shit? Everyone comes and no one leaves. Look what happened at the border yesterday, 3 vans carrying 74 people tried to drive past the border, and bullets started flying. [/quote]

I was talking about people there legally. Just because there was healthcare doesn’t mean that all of a sudden the 1 year wait for a visa application meeting would shorten or the grounds for getting one would change.

And for the record, the healthcare that you recieve here in Mexico is actually pretty good for the most part. As long as you have a job you are able to get IMSS. (I have insurance on top of that which is even better obviously.)

Of course if you have no job and no money, you are fucked but then you wouldn’t be able to legally go to the states.

I didn’t see them manage swine flu all that well. They make no distinction between coming here legally or illegally, to them, its a matter of getting over a fence.

Max is correct. I worked trauma ER in Texas for 14 years. I had an illegal gentleman from Mexico who came twice a week to the ER for emergency Dialysis. He would get treated and then go home. Of course we all asked how this was possible and we were told he was to “sick” to deport. Do you realize how much money that one man cost the system in the 2 year time frame he came?

Not to mention, the argument still stands. There are more people legally in the US from Mexico than there are in Mexico from the US. And our healthcare is still better.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
Seeing as you’re from Michigan, you haven’t seen the demographic implications of Mexican immigration to the United States over the past 30 years. They never make it into the middle class [1,2] and thus continue to reap 3 tax dollars for every dollar they put into the system [3]. Combining these facts with their high fertility relative[4] to the national mean essentially means that amnesty involves doubling or tripling the size of the poverty class in the United States over the next 20-30 years. Do you want to live in a country with a tiny middle class, a large underclass, and a soft racial caste system? I sure don’t.

[1] http://www.amazon.com/Generations-Exclusion-Mexican-Americans-Assimilation/dp/0871548488
[2] CALIFORNIA / Per capita income in state is expected to sink over 20 years / Growth in poorly educated population is blamed in study
[3] Some Robert Rector report I can’t find right now
[4] http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/cacounts/CC_1107HJCC.pdf[/quote]

First, who said I was from Michigan? Second, if you think that the Mexican population of Detroit ghettos isn’t exploding, you’re deluding yourself. Third, none of what you said changes the fact that our only option is to kick them out, or make them legal.

They are here in poverty now. Passing amnesty doesn’t change them, it changes how we deal with them. I’m not necessarily for amnesty. but I surely am against just ignoring the issue as we are currently doing.

[quote]borrek wrote:
First, who said I was from Michigan? Second, if you think that the Mexican population of Detroit ghettos isn’t exploding, you’re deluding yourself. Third, none of what you said changes the fact that our only option is to kick them out, or make them legal.
[/quote]

Well, there’s adopting/changing policies so they’ll kick themselves out.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
borrek wrote:

Well, there’s adopting/changing policies so they’ll kick themselves out.[/quote]

Sadly, that needed to be explained.

[quote]borrek wrote:
You guys are funny. And by funny, I mean stupid. The quote very specifically states that illegals can’t be covered.

[b]"Even though I do not believe we can extend coverage to those who are here illegally[/b]

So what if he wants to cover legal immigrants who aren’t citizens? That would mean green card applicants and holders, and Visa holders, who are all contributing something.

As far as amnesty is concerned, you all have two options here:

1-kick all immigrants out (ha good luck)

2-make them legal immigrants of some sort (not necessarily citizens)

Ignoring illegals to reap the benefits of cheap labor is no longer an option. [/quote]

Amen.