T Nation

Obama, You've Been Served

Like Marc Barnes said, “When any creature which typically takes 50 years or more to form a complete statement starts a united effort to destroy your plans, think twice about your own brilliance”.

Also, “We could tell you how many empires tried to tell us what to do, but it would take 2000 years.”

This oughta be really interesting. I’m with ya on this one Chris. I also can’t argue with this: “Prayer is our most significant tool in the fight for freedom. Each time we engage in conversation with our Lord, He gifts us with the grace to become His witnesses in the world.” Just don’t assume that the United States is anything like covenant Israel was. He may let this nation destroy herself no matter who prays what. We sure are on our way.

As a Catholic and my favorite portion that I agree with wholly, I “applaud this courageous action by so many individual dioceses, charities, hospitals and schools across the nation.”

Good for the Catholic Church I applaud the stand that they are taking in sticking up for all denominations in fighting back against the overreaching Obamacare. It was a horrible idea to begin with and when 67% of the country were (and still are)against it Obama should have stepped back. Instead he shoved through a multi-thousand page bill that no one read. And he got away with it because both houses of congress were controlled by the democrats.

Catholics all around the country should remember this attack on their religious freedom on election day!

[quote]ZEB wrote:<<< Catholics all around the country should remember this attack on their religious freedom on election day![/quote]Mark my words. He will get very significant if not majority support.

So, let’s talk about the elephant in the room.

I don’t know if Obama’s stance on gay marriage has been talked about, but do you think it has helped or hurt him ?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

I don’t know if Obama’s stance on gay marriage has been talked about, but do you think it has helped or hurt him ?[/quote]
Absolutely no effect. If anything, it may discourage some from voting and inspire some to vote. Net wash

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:<<< Catholics all around the country should remember this attack on their religious freedom on election day![/quote]Mark my words. He will get very significant if not majority support.
[/quote]

Catholic support for Obama has gone way down. I doubt he’ll win the demographic. I’m sure he’ll get CINO votes like Pelosi, but when was the last time anyone considered her a Catholic?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

I don’t know if Obama’s stance on gay marriage has been talked about, but do you think it has helped or hurt him ?[/quote]

Didn’t know the elephant was in this room.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

I think this will cause him to lose the majority of Catholic support. It certainly does not help him in any way with that group.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Didn’t know the elephant was in this room.[/quote]

I think he means the distraction in the room.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

Not from Catholics who regularly attend Mass, receive communion, and partake in the sacrament of penance. In other words, those Catholics who are and remain in communion with the Church. I’d bet my left hand on it. And I’m a lefty.

To be clear, you are including in your “majority” above the equivalent of those Protestants I’ve asked you about who once appeared to have been “elected”, until it was clear from their actions and lifestyle that they were not.

I can assure you that my church back home in Texas is every bit as zealous as yours, and our members are “Church people,” as our priest jokingly calls them. It was a big, big deal back before Obama was elected. And yes, it was discussed during mass. Not in the way some atheist will surely take this statement and call to have our tax status revoked, but our priest let us know in unflinching, unambiguous terms that YOU CANNOT call yourself a Catholic and then vote for someone who supports abortion, government funding of stem-cell research and other grave matter. There were a few, very few, who actually left because of this. The remaining overwhelming majority were in burning support.

Catholics, Church people, big C in every sense of the term, will come out in droves to vote for Mitt Romney.

You mark my words.

Daniel A. Helminiak - Catholic Priest

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
Like Marc Barnes said, “When any creature which typically takes 50 years or more to form a complete statement starts a united effort to destroy your plans, think twice about your own brilliance”.

Also, “We could tell you how many empires tried to tell us what to do, but it would take 2000 years.”

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/breaking-cardinal-dolan-ny-cardinal-wuerl-dc-notre-dame-and-40-other-catholic-dioceses[/quote]

I saw this, couldn’t be happier.

If people could see beyond getting their dick wet, they would see inane, constitutionally incorrect ground the administration is sitting on. The whole slippery slope thing is in effect as always with these issues.
It doesn’t matter if you agree with the gubment or not on having birth control provided. Forcing people who don’t believe in something to act contrary to their beliefs is a huge over stepping of bounds. You open the door for it on with an issue you like, you open the door for issues you don’t.
That’s the problem, not whether or not you think birth control is a right.

[quote]honest_lifter wrote:
Daniel A. Helminiak - Catholic Priest

[/quote]

Ahem.

From your own link. At the very tippy-top:

Daniel A. Helminiak, who was ordained a priest in Rome, is a theologian, psychotherapist and author.

Nice try, though.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
I can assure you that my church back home in Texas is every bit as zealous as yours, and our members are “Church people,” as our priest jokingly calls them. It was a big, big deal back before Obama was elected. And yes, it was discussed during mass. Not in the way some atheist will surely take this statement and call to have our tax status revoked, but our priest let us know in unflinching, unambiguous terms that YOU CANNOT call yourself a Catholic and then vote for someone who supports abortion, government funding of stem-cell research and other grave matter.
[/quote]

Yet people complain about the liberal media brainwashing us, at least they leave us to our own decisions vs saying VOTE FOR OBAMA if you call yourself an America.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
I can assure you that my church back home in Texas is every bit as zealous as yours, and our members are “Church people,” as our priest jokingly calls them. It was a big, big deal back before Obama was elected. And yes, it was discussed during mass. Not in the way some atheist will surely take this statement and call to have our tax status revoked, but our priest let us know in unflinching, unambiguous terms that YOU CANNOT call yourself a Catholic and then vote for someone who supports abortion, government funding of stem-cell research and other grave matter.
[/quote]

Yet people complain about the liberal media brainwashing us, at least they leave us to our own decisions vs saying VOTE FOR OBAMA if you call yourself an America.[/quote]

Here they come now.

So, please tell me how it is possible for someone to both call himself a Catholic while living and acting in direct, defiant violation of some of its most sacred tenets?

I know you won’t get this, but believe it or not, every single adult person in that entire assembly of people every Sunday, for 4 to 5 masses and another one Saturday night, and one every morning for the really hardcore, out of ALL of those people, not a single one of them is there but by his own volition.

I’m serious. No straight jackets, handcuffs, zip-ties, or so much as one single restraining bed. We don’t have our eyelids forced open ala A Clockwork Orange and we can even decide to NOT GO if we don’t want to.

For real.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Good for the Catholic Church I applaud the stand that they are taking in sticking up for all denominations in fighting back against the overreaching Obamacare. It was a horrible idea to begin with and when 67% of the country were (and still are)against it Obama should have stepped back. Instead he shoved through a multi-thousand page bill that no one read. And he got away with it because both houses of congress were controlled by the democrats.

Catholics all around the country should remember this attack on their religious freedom on election day![/quote]

“Catholic Priest Says A Schoolgirl Who Went Missing In 1983 Was Kidnapped For Vatican Sex Parties.”

http://getthetruthout.icyboards.net/showthread.php?tid=2231&pid=6478

This has been going viral on many sites and in the news.

These people are all devils, every one.

I’m not religious but the language of the religious sometimes best expresses an idea.

Devilty…pure devilty…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Catholics all around the country should remember this attack on their religious freedom on election day![/quote]

“Catholic Priest Says A Schoolgirl Who Went Missing In 1983 Was Kidnapped For Vatican Sex Parties.”

I’m not religious but the language of the religious sometimes best expresses an idea.

Devilty…pure devilty…

[/quote]

And all Irishmen are drunks, and all Germans have bad tempers, and all Blacks are lazy. Stop blaming the group for the actions of a few.

There is a name for that, it’s called bigotry!

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Devilty…pure devilty…

[/quote]

And all Irishmen are drunks, and all Germans have bad tempers, and all Blacks are lazy. Stop blaming the group for the actions of a few.

There is a name for that, it’s called bigotry![/quote]

If its rotten at the top, then the rot spreads and destroys all.

Any system where the leadership is rotten infects it all.

The vast majority of priests or pastors would love nothing more than to have wild sex with a bunch of 15 year olds. They try to suppress this by going so far as to join some religious hogwash, then find out that most of them there are homosexual perverts or pedophiles like themselves. When they can’t control it anymore, they molest altar boys or have sex parties with runaway girls.

There are a few that are actually called. Most are the scum of the earth.