T Nation

Obama Won Like Bush in 2000

[quote]Dustin wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Why don’t you explain it to me, since I’m oblivious.

Is your avatar the poster boy for NAMBLA?

You are a walking hypocrisy. Your time spent in this message board provides plenty of evidence.

Go read your posts in the thread I mentioned about “freeing” Iranians.

What does my avatar (Dewey Cox in the movie Walk Hard) have to do with NAMBLA? Are you a spokesman for them?

Dustin[/quote]

You posted bullshit which had no connection with the topic. So, I asked you to explain if there was some hidden meaning to the nonsense you wrote. You failed.

Your avatar is supposed to somehow be connected with you. I love martial arts and ‘Uncle’ is cool and wise, in unexpected ways; so he’s my avatar. You chose some stupid kid that lloks like a poster boy for NAMBLA.

To liberate Iran, we’ll have to root out the evil hidden in the populace (like the Nazis were). It will take carpet bombing to do that.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Why don’t you explain it to me, since I’m oblivious.

Is your avatar the poster boy for NAMBLA?

Ad hominem attacks are always a classy touch.

1. The issue in 2000 was not the electoral college. The issue was that many people felt like the Republicans cheated. Right or wrong, that was the issue. Of course, some people did ask themselves at that time if the electoral college was antiquated, but they did not question that the electoral college was the system in play at the time.

2. My understanding (correct me if I am wrong) was that Florida and Michigan delegates were not counted, as punishment for having set their primaries at a time at odds with the DNC. All candidates understood this beforehand, which is why Obama did not even appear on the ballot in Michigan.

Clinton wanted to change the rules only towards the end when she thought it might help her out.

Now, the only similarity that I can see between the two is that some floridians in the 2000 election claimed that they were not allowed to vote or that their vote was not counted. Likewise, we can say that people from Michigan and Florida did not have their votes counted in the Democratic primaries this year, 2008.

I will admit that I don’t understand the DNC’s reasons for punishing Florida and Michigan voters this way. However, it was done BEFORE the primary season and therefore was not directed to hurt either Obama, Clinton or any of the other candidates that were, at one time or another, presenting themselves for the Democratic Presidential nomination.
[/quote]

Obama’s got tons of cash. If he had any balls, he would have funded a re-do, in Michigan and Florida. Instead he hid behind ‘rulings’ by a committee to gain the nomination. He should have said: “Let the voices of ALL the people be heard!”. He’d have gotten a helluva lot of mileage out of that.

Now, McCain can go into Florida and Michigan and talk about how the DNC and Obama don’t give a rat’s ass about them, and he’ll have a point.

No balls, no glory (as it should be).

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Obama’s got tons of cash. If he had any balls, he would have funded a re-do, in Michigan and Florida. Instead he hid behind ‘rulings’ by a committee to gain the nomination. He should have said: “Let the voices of ALL the people be heard!”. He’d have gotten a helluva lot of mileage out of that.

Now, McCain can go into Florida and Michigan and talk about how the DNC and Obama don’t give a rat’s ass about them, and he’ll have a point.

No balls, no glory (as it should be).

[/quote]

Correct.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

This is one very big bright spot in the Campaign of John McCain. Michigan which usually democrat is probably going to switch to republican because of the screw job that they’ve had to endure at the hands of the very unwise democrats.

And of course Florida will most likely go republican as well, but that’s not as big a surprise. Any chance Obama had of winning it probably gone.[/quote]

By your “logic” Obama will probably win North Carolina.

By the way tied in both places in most recent polls.

[quote]100meters wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

This is one very big bright spot in the Campaign of John McCain. Michigan which usually democrat is probably going to switch to republican because of the screw job that they’ve had to endure at the hands of the very unwise democrats.

And of course Florida will most likely go republican as well, but that’s not as big a surprise. Any chance Obama had of winning it probably gone.

By your “logic” Obama will probably win North Carolina.

By the way tied in both places in most recent polls.[/quote]

Michigan is worse off than Ohio. Thousands are fleeing the state. NAFTA has pretty much destroyed the Midwest. How it’ll play out in November is anyone’s guess.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

To liberate Iran, we’ll have to root out the evil hidden in the populace (like the Nazis were). It will take carpet bombing to do that.

[/quote]

Wow, couldn’t pass this by, possibly the dumbest thing ever written on here. “Root out the evil hidden” with carpet bombing? Never mind the history of strategic bombing, does this even make logical sense? You outdo yourself daily Headhunter.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Wow, couldn’t pass this by, possibly the dumbest thing ever written on here. “Root out the evil hidden” with carpet bombing? Never mind the history of strategic bombing, does this even make logical sense? You outdo yourself daily Headhunter.[/quote]

He wants to drop Persian rugs or something.

Here’s the latest RCP electoral map - lots of EC votes in either the “leaning” or “toss up” categories… Gonna be a fight!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Wow, couldn’t pass this by, possibly the dumbest thing ever written on here. “Root out the evil hidden” with carpet bombing? Never mind the history of strategic bombing, does this even make logical sense? You outdo yourself daily Headhunter.[/quote]

Strategic bombing is, IMHO, a dud (no pun intended). All you wind up doing is pissing off the population. They also think you’re a pussy for NOT carpet bombing (they would). Stategic bombing is like going after a hornet nest with a flyswatter…just look at Iraq.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

You posted bullshit which had no connection with the topic. So, I asked you to explain if there was some hidden meaning to the nonsense you wrote. You failed.
[/quote]

I called you a hypocrite because you do the exact thing you accuse the “libs”/Democrats of doing.

You talk about the American government and its morality, then in the next sentence, discuss slaughtering millions of innocent people to spread democracy.

I know Father Time is catching up with you, so is that clear enough for you to understand?

First, you are more removed from American pop-culture than I am, and I’m deployed.

Second, since you are infatuated with pre-pubescent boys and girls, sex toys and man-boy love, the following link discusses the movie to where my avatar originated. It should clear the air for you. I certainly don’t want you to confuse me with one of your NAMBLA buddies.

Your attempts at military strategy make no sense at all. Please quit trying to make analogies using WWII and the current conflict the American military is involved in. There are very few, if any, similarities.

Dustin