Obama Voters are Pro Infanticide

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I don’t know which is the scarier assumption; that Obama voters actually do consciously support infanticide, or if they’re just such zombies that they’ll literally support anything with Obama’s name on it. [/quote]

Ding, ding!

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I don’t know which is the scarier assumption; that Obama voters actually do consciously support infanticide, or if they’re just such zombies that they’ll literally support anything with Obama’s name on it. [/quote]

The messenger has become more important than the message.

[/quote]

This. People are drawn to the shiny glow of charisma more than anything else (self-interest included).

That being said, watching the video, this strikes me more as people signing the petition to support Obama rather than support Obama supporting infanticide. Aka I don’t think for a second if Obama actually supported infanticide the majority of Obama supporters would be in favor of it when rubber hit the road.

[quote]CornSprint wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:

The messenger has become more important than the message.

[/quote]

This. People are drawn to the shiny glow of charisma more than anything else (self-interest included).

That being said, watching the video, this strikes me more as people signing the petition to support Obama rather than support Obama supporting infanticide. Aka I don’t think for a second if Obama actually supported infanticide the majority of Obama supporters would be in favor of it when rubber hit the road.[/quote]

As Voltaire observed, “those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Most people are capable of believing at least six absurdities before breakfast.

I think lots of people will sign shit without paying attention because they don’t like confrontation and just want to get down the road and on with their business. I watched a stack of people sign a petition at the post office a few years ago with a similar but opposite “if you don’t like Obama sign here pitch,” that I don’t think they would have signed if they had paid attention and fully realized the people asking for their signatures were neo-nazis. I forget what the actual issue was, but when I read it and realized what they were doing I was like, uhh, no thanks.

Its also not hard to find stupid people or people who aren’t paying attention and then make them look bad on video, Stewart and Co. make their living doing it, although they are a bit more sophisticated. E.g.:

From RNC:

From DNC:

This LOL-train just never ends

LOL someone is unaware of economic nomenclature!

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
I think lots of people will sign shit without paying attention because they don’t like confrontation and just want to get down the road and on with their business. I watched a stack of people sign a petition at the post office a few years ago with a similar but opposite “if you don’t like Obama sign here pitch,” that I don’t think they would have signed if they had paid attention and fully realized the people asking for their signatures were neo-nazis. I forget what the actual issue was, but when I read it and realized what they were doing I was like, uhh, no thanks.

Its also not hard to find stupid people or people who aren’t paying attention and then make them look bad on video, Stewart and Co. make their living doing it, although they are a bit more sophisticated. E.g.:

From RNC:

From DNC:

[/quote]

Those are both hilarious.

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:
This LOL-train just never ends

[/quote]

lulz. He showed you his birth certificate.

[quote]theBeth wrote:
Annnnndddd I couldn’t resist

Classic!

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:
Annnnndddd I couldn’t resist

[/quote]

Classic![/quote]

I watched that movie the other day. Full of lulz.

Yeah I remember reading that Lucas and and Company generally had no problem with the parody
because it was MEL doing it and not some amateur, but Lucas also requested that film’s
budget had to be acceptable to him…it had to have a modest budget
at minimum and not look like it was made for 100 bucks…lol.

[quote]Karado wrote:
Yeah I remember reading that Lucas and and Company generally had no problem with the parody
because it was MEL doing it and not some amateur, but Lucas also requested that film’s
at minimum and not look like it was made for 100 bucks…lol.[/quote]

This little gem was made by “amateurs” for only eight thousand bucks in 1978, and it is George Lucas’ favorite Star Wars parody ever. It grossed a million dollars at the box office, far surpassing Star Wars in profit ratio.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:
at minimum and not look like it was made for 100 bucks…lol.[/quote]

This little gem was made by “amateurs” for only eight thousand bucks in 1978, and it is George Lucas’ favorite Star Wars parody ever. It grossed a million dollars at the box office, far surpassing Star Wars in profit ratio. [/quote]

I remember seeing that one.

Ahhhh who can tell what a guy like Lucas decides to like or accept from one moment
to the next…the super rich are fuckin’ eccentric, and the only Sci-Fi I ever liked
of his anyway was THX-1138.