T Nation

Obama - The Post Manhood Candidate.

From Susan Faludi, in what is meant to be a complimentary column, in the New York Times.

Winnie the Pooh a fundamental text on national security…indeed.

Interesting stuff, Hedo.

“In many ways, he really will be the first woman president,” Megan Beyer of Virginia, a charter member of Women for Obama, told reporters. An op-ed essay in The New York Post headlined “Bam: Our 1st Woman Prez?” came to a similar conclusion, if a tad more snidely: “Those shots of Barack and Michelle sitting with Oprah on stools had the feel of a smart, all-women talk panel.”

Will Obama’s “wusiness” or “effeminacy” factor affect the vote for him?

Wait… so she just ignored his many Basketball games? Do they count for nothing at all?

He looks young. He isn’t a grizzled vet. Despite that, I see very little “effeminate” about him. I don’t think he is particularly masculine either. Just because he isn’t the same old grizzled vet we usually get doesn’t make him a woman -_-. This editorial is just the NYT pulling support from bitter Hillary fanatics for Obama.

Hitler had great appeal to women. If you watch his speeches, he used all the gestures that had women fainting in the audience.

Obama is no Hitler but the ability to get women solidly behind you is a major factor in political success.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Wait… so she just ignored his many Basketball games? Do they count for nothing at all?

He looks young. He isn’t a grizzled vet. Despite that, I see very little “effeminate” about him. I don’t think he is particularly masculine either. Just because he isn’t the same old grizzled vet we usually get doesn’t make him a woman -_-. This editorial is just the NYT pulling support from bitter Hillary fanatics for Obama.[/quote]

Larry Sinclair thought very highly of him.

http://larrysinclair0926.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/hotel-records-direct-from-chi.pdf

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Interesting stuff, Hedo.

“In many ways, he really will be the first woman president,” Megan Beyer of Virginia, a charter member of Women for Obama, told reporters. An op-ed essay in The New York Post headlined “Bam: Our 1st Woman Prez?” came to a similar conclusion, if a tad more snidely: “Those shots of Barack and Michelle sitting with Oprah on stools had the feel of a smart, all-women talk panel.”

Will Obama’s “wusiness” or “effeminacy” factor affect the vote for him?

[/quote]

Given the fact that the guy had no male role models in his life growing up, I think he’s doing pretty well. I’m not going to vote for him, but I have a hard time beating him up over this when he never had anyone to show him how to be a man.

I will say this for him, he does appear to be interested in being a conscientious father.

Jesus Christ. So a white man is our first black president and a black man is our first female president! What the fuck, people? That piece was dripping with so many stupid stereotypes, both racial and sexist, that it nearly made me physically ill. Can we please, PLEASE ONE TIME be allowed to judge a candidate based upon his actions and character instead of upon his ability to ‘relate’ to this or that fucking overblown, idiotic archtype? PLEASE?

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
Jesus Christ. So a white man is our first black president and a black man is our first female president! What the fuck, people? That piece was dripping with so many stupid stereotypes, both racial and sexist, that it nearly made me physically ill. Can we please, PLEASE ONE TIME be allowed to judge a candidate based upon his actions and character instead of upon his ability to ‘relate’ to this or that fucking overblown, idiotic archtype? PLEASE?[/quote]

Amen.

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
… So a white man is our first black president and a black man is our first female president! What the …, people? That piece was dripping with so many stupid stereotypes, both racial and sexist, that it nearly made me physically ill. Can we please, PLEASE ONE TIME be allowed to judge a candidate based upon his actions and character instead of upon his ability to ‘relate’ to this or that … overblown, idiotic archtype? PLEASE?[/quote]

Nope.

The man beat Hillary Clinton, if that doesn’t validate his manhood for you, I don’t think anything could.

If sitcoms have taught me one thing,it’s that real men are stupid, bumbling and self-defeating. He should forget about trying to build a winning coalition with whichever votes are most winnable to him and instead focus on exchanging his image as a harvard lawyer for that of a ferocious and unkempt mountain man. That’s what a real man would do.

[quote]etaco wrote:
If sitcoms have taught me one thing,it’s that real men are stupid, bumbling and self-defeating. He should forget about trying to build a winning coalition with whichever votes are most winnable to him and instead focus on exchanging his image as a harvard lawyer for that of a ferocious and unkempt mountain man. That’s what a real man would do.[/quote]

According to sitcoms, a real man would start an electrical fire, forget his anniversary and his wife’s birthday, get lost and not ask for directions, and have a revealing heart-to-heart with one of his offspring all in the same 30 minutes.

I think an overlooked point w/r/t Obama’s “manliness” is that some of his supporters are the ones noting his, well, lack of masculine robustness…as a compliment.

I think an overlooked point w/r/t Obama’s “manliness” is that some of his supporters are the ones noting his, well, lack of masculine robustness…as a compliment.[/quote]

…You don’t think they’re pointing this out to pander to bitter Hillary fans…?

I think an overlooked point w/r/t Obama’s “manliness” is that some of his supporters are the ones noting his, well, lack of masculine robustness…as a compliment.[/quote]

Exactly. Both of those articles were writeen as favorable columns towards Obama.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

…You don’t think they’re pointing this out to pander to bitter Hillary fans…?[/quote]

Nope - the “Obama as first female president”, for example, was uttered long ago by one of the Lightworker’s low priests.

I say we start feeding the whisper mill the idea that since McCain is so old, and has endured such horrible tortures that he is in fact going to be the first Dead President. Pulling in the dead vote (or stealing it from Obama) will be a major coup.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

He looks young. He isn’t a grizzled vet. Despite that, I see very little “effeminate” about him. I don’t think he is particularly masculine either. Just because he isn’t the same old grizzled vet we usually get doesn’t make him a woman -_-. This editorial is just the NYT pulling support from bitter Hillary fanatics for Obama.[/quote]

Ding! This is just an attempt to get Hill’s bitter beyotches onboard.

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
I say we start feeding the whisper mill the idea that since McCain is so old, and has endured such horrible tortures that he is in fact going to be the first Dead President. Pulling in the dead vote (or stealing it from Obama) will be a major coup.[/quote]

LULZ!