Obama Still an Amateur

This is why the Reps need a reasonable candidate for 2012, McCain had no pull, and Obama was riding a wave of Bush hatred.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
This is why the Reps need a reasonable candidate for 2012, McCain had no pull, and Obama was riding a wave of Bush hatred. [/quote]

If by reasonable you mean a center right candidate with very little baggage I agree. The press will be all over the republican whomever he or she is, so we better put someone up who can handle the heat because it will be turned up on high. They will want badly to hang onto their liberal icon.

Sycophantic press worship MAY actually hurt rhe dems in the next couple elections. MAYBE. At least with some people. The msm did damage their own credibility quite badly in this last one. My experience of course is only mine, but I’ve talked to a few surprised people who said they wouldn’t have voted for Obama if they had known this is who he was. Some segment of the public might just not fall again for the propaganda so soon.

The lie that:

Dems (or liberals) = smart, educated, compassionate, caring and mainstream

GOP (or conservative) = redneck, ignorant, racist, selfish and hysterical extremists might not fly this time.

Again… maybe.

I believe the GOP is grooming minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty (sp). Axelrod did a brilliant job with Obamas campaign, and its alot more than suffice to say the GOP needs a huge makeover and reconnection with youth. Furthermore, the GOP has the potential to tap the enormous base of Latino’s due to their cultrally conservative values… not that I believe in demographic central politics.