Obama Spending Binge Never Happened

Thoughts?

[quote]elg553 wrote:

Thoughts?[/quote]

Yeah, I read it and I call bullshit. Something is being omitted but I have not done the research to compare his ‘facts’. Somehow you have to account for the fact that obama out spent Bush’s entire presidency in 2 years.
What I believe the author was comparing was budgets, which many of obama’s spending follies did not occur in the scope of. Little expenditures like the ARRA, where not part of a budget but was a separate law. I mean obama did spend somewhere around 3.5 trillion bucks in the first year of his presidency, just not in the scope of the budget. If your passing entitlements, left and right outside the scope of the budget, not only should the budget spending not increase drastically, it should go down.

I think this is just a disingenuous analysis of budgets, not spending. Say his budget was tight, is not the same as saying he is frugal. It just means he got his wish list paid for by other means.
Let’s examine the whole of government spending, not just budgets. I believe the story is waaaay different when you look at it that way. Look at totals, not budgets.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics…

Using percentage arguments are always a good way to hide large nominal increases. Excluding the ongoing debates about who he’s attributing the 2009 spending to (Ann Coulter, of all people, wrote a good breakdown of it yesterday), weren’t the stimulus packages supposed to be a one-time, emergency measure? The spending has stayed at those levels for the last four years, and we’re supposed to be happy that it hasn’t risen even higher above those “emergency” levels? As always, consider the source.

[quote]Pigeon wrote:
Lies, damn lies, and statistics…

Using percentage arguments are always a good way to hide large nominal increases. Excluding the ongoing debates about who he’s attributing the 2009 spending to (Ann Coulter, of all people, wrote a good breakdown of it yesterday), weren’t the stimulus packages supposed to be a one-time, emergency measure? The spending has stayed at those levels for the last four years, and we’re supposed to be happy that it hasn’t risen even higher above those “emergency” levels? As always, consider the source.[/quote]

Completely agree with this assessment; percentage arguments are always so misleading.

Turns out, bank repayments of Bush TARP spending are counted as credits for Obama. Nice.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Turns out, bank repayments of Bush TARP spending are counted as credits for Obama. Nice.[/quote]

Every little bit helps.

I like the Reagan years