T Nation

Obama: Secret Plant?

"Columnist Says Barack Obama ‘Lied To The American People;’
Asks Publisher to Withdraw Obama’s Book
Tuesday August 10, 9:22 pm ET

NEW YORK, Aug. 10 /PRNewswire/ – Out2.com’s independent contrarian columnist, Andy Martin, will publish a column and hold simultaneous news conferences in New York and London on Wednesday, August 11th to disclose he believes Barack Obama is a political fraud who “lied to the American people.” Martin has asked Crown Books to stop sales of Obama’s book because of its fraudulent content. Martin says Obama may be a threat to the Jewish community.

NEWS CONFERENCE DETAILS:

New York:
Time/date: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:00 A.M.
Street (Temple Emanu-El)

London:
Time/date: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 4:00 P.M.

“I feel sad having to expose Barack Obama,” says Martin, "but the man is a complete fraud. The truth is going to surprise, and disappoint, and outrage many people who were drawn to him. He has lied to the American people, and he has sought to misrepresent his own heritage.

"Obama’s life story is vastly different from the one he portrays. My point: if he will lie about his mother and father, what else is he lying about? Can we expect ‘bimbo eruptions?’

"Fiction: Obama stated in his Convention speech: ‘My father … grew up herding goats.’ The ‘goat herder’ claim has been repeated endlessly. It is a lie. Fact: Obama’s grandfather, Hussein Onyango Obama was a prominent and wealthy farmer. His son, Obama’s father, was a child of privilege, not privation. He was an outstanding student, not a herdsman.

"Fiction: Obama was given an ‘African’ name. Fact: Obama is a Muslim who has concealed his religion. I am a strong supporter of the Muslim community, and I believe Muslims have been scapegoated. Obama has a great opportunity to be forthright. Instead, he has treated his Muslim heritage as a dark secret. His grandfather was named ‘Hussein.’ That is an Arabic-Muslim, not African, name. Hussein was a devout Muslim and named his son, Barack Senior, ‘Baraka.’ Baraka is an Arabic word meaning ‘blessed.’ Baraka comes out of the Koran and Arabic, not Africa.

"Barack Senior was also a devoted Muslim, and also chose a Muslim name for his son, our own Barack Obama, Junior. Again, his name was an Arabic and Koranic.

Obama has spent a lifetime running from his family heritage and religious heritage. Would his father have given his son a Koranic name if the father was not a devout Muslim? Obama’s stepfather was also a Muslim. Obama will be the first Muslim-heritage senator; he should be proud of that fact. There is nothing to be ashamed of in any of the three great Abrahamic religions.

“Fiction: Obama Senior was a harmless student ‘immigrant’ who came to the United States only to study. Fact: Obama was part of one of the most corrupt and violent organizations in Africa: the Kenyatta regime. Obama’s father ran back to Kenya soon after the British left. It is likely Obama’s father had Mau Mau sympathies or connections, or he would not have been welcomed into the murderous inner circle of rapists, murderers, and arsonists. I believe Obama’s secret shame at his family history of rape, murder and arson is what actualizes him. Our research is not yet complete. We are seeking to examine British colonial records. Our investigation to date has drawn on information on three continents.”

“Martin says Obama may be a threat to the Jewish community.”

Most of these claims, I suspect, are turning a molehill into a mountain, however, this sentence stuck out for me.

Fear-mongering seems to have become the new political jingoism.

You never cease to amaze me with your stupidity.

Obama may have a muslim background, but he was raised a Christian and is a devout Christian.

[quote]OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:
You never cease to amaze me with your stupidity.[/quote]

It is actually the Hillary Clinton camp that is bringing this up.

Quit thinking like a wannabe Texan.

Obama may have a muslim background, but he was raised a Christian and is a devout Christian.[/quote]

I somehow doubt he is devout.

Lol, you’ll do anything to tarnish this guy…

I TOLD you guys it was all a matter of time…

American Politics is a damn brutal process, as Obama will find out in due time.

The Smear has begun…

Mufasa

Here is Obama’s response when questioned about his current religious beliefs.

And yes the Hillary machine is working overtime to dig stuff up on Obama. He’s got a lead and if she doesn’t nail him now the lead will grow.

Right now they have it on good authority that he studied at a Madraas as a young man for 4 years. If I was Obama I wouldn’t hide that fact. Just explain it and move on. Once Hillary can get someone else to run with this story it will get talked to death. I’ve seen this story on a few blogs but nothing was quoted from either Hillary or Obama.

Like I said before I’d like to see him get a fair shot at this like anyone else. I don’t think for a minute however that Hillary isn’t going to tarnish him into oblivion before the primary season begins.

Evangelical? Obama’s faith too complex for simple label
Line ‘blurred’ in black church tradition

January 19, 2007
BY CATHLEEN FALSANI Religion Reporter
While on the presidential campaign trail 30 years ago, someone asked Jimmy Carter a rather indelicate public question:
Are you born again?

Carter said he was. And the next thing he knew, various media creatures were accusing the Southern Baptist peanut farmer of implying that his political aspirations had a divine imprimatur.

“I truthfully answered, ‘Yes,’ assuming all devout Christians were born again, of the Holy Spirit,” Carter wrote in his 2005 book, Our Endangered Values: America’s Moral Crisis.

In 1976, most reporters didn’t know born-again from over-easy. But times have changed and so has the public conversation about politics and religion. Terms such as “fundamentalist,” “evangelical” and “born-again” are part of the media vernacular.

That doesn’t mean, however, that such terms are particularly helpful by themselves in describing, much less defining, anyone – be they politicians, presidential candidates or private citizens.

Perhaps that’s why, back when I interviewed Barack Obama about his faith in spring 2004 a few days after he’d won the Democratic primary for U.S. Senate, I didn’t ask him something I’ve remained curious about since:

Does he consider himself an evangelical?

Candid answers
Nearly three years ago, before his famous keynote address at the Democratic National Convention, before he spoke to the spiritual “progressives” at Call for Renewal or to Rick Warren’s congregation at Saddleback, before he became a household name outside of Illinois, when people who knew him still were whispering about whether – some day – the young state senator from Chicago might run for president, Obama sat with me in public at a cafe on South Michigan Avenue and talked about his faith.

He didn’t hesitate. No one coached him. He didn’t choose his words carefully or tailor his responses. He shot from the hip, giving me candid and complicated answers to my inquiries about his religious history, beliefs and doubts.

At the time, Obama said he was a Christian, that he has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, that he reads the Bible regularly and prays constantly. He described his conversion experience in his mid-20s, how he walked the aisle at Trinity United Church of Christ one Sunday in a public affirmation of his private change of heart. But we didn’t talk labels, I didn’t ask him for one, and he didn’t offer.

A few weeks ago, during a visit to the Chicago Sun-Times editorial board, I had a chance to ask Obama that lingering question:

“Are you an evangelical?”

‘I’m not sure’
Surrounded by members of the editorial board, editors, our publisher, and a couple of his own aides, this was Obama’s answer:
"Gosh, I’m not sure if labels are helpful here because the definition of an evangelical is so loose and subject to so many different interpretations.

I came to Christianity through the black church tradition where the line between evangelical and non-evangelical is completely blurred. Nobody knows exactly what it means.

“Does it mean that you feel you’ve got a personal relationship with Christ the savior? Then that’s directly part of the black church experience. Does it mean you’re born-again in a classic sense, with all the accoutrements that go along with that, as it’s understood by some other tradition? I’m not sure.”

He continued his answer: "My faith is complicated by the fact that I didn’t grow up in a particular religious tradition. And so what that means is when you come at it as an adult, your brain mediates a lot, and you ask a lot of questions.

“There are aspects of Christian tradition that I’m comfortable with and aspects that I’m not. There are passages of the Bible that make perfect sense to me and others that I go, ‘Ya know, I’m not sure about that,’” he said, shrugging and stammering slightly.

A work in progress
It would have been easier for the senator-cum-president to answer, simply, “Yes,” to the evangelical question.
But for Obama, as for many of us, faith is complicated, messy, a work in progress.

And, if we’re honest about it, the standard labels just don’t fit.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
I TOLD you guys it was all a matter of time…

American Politics is a damn brutal process, as Obama will find out in due time.

The Smear has begun…

Mufasa[/quote]

Hillary plays hard ball. Vince Foster, Whitewater, cattle futures, the failed Health Plan, and she’s still the odds-on favorite to win the nomination.

Hillary Clinton is a piece of shit.

I hope Obama beats her to a pulp.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Right now they have it on good authority that he studied at a Madraas as a young man for 4 years. If I was Obama I wouldn’t hide that fact. Just explain it and move on. [/quote]

“In Indonesia, I’d spent 2 years at a Muslim school, 2 years at a Catholic school. In the Muslim school, the teacher wrote to tell mother I made faces during Koranic studies. In the Catholic school, when it came time to pray, I’d pretend to close my eyes, then peek around the room. Nothing happened. No angels descended.”

Dreams Of My Father, 2004 (p.142)

Apparently this was between the ages of 6 and 8. I would call that a child, not a “young man”.

Question of the Day on Fox News: Barack’s Background, Ancient History or Madrassa Matters? You gotta love the irony of Hillary Clinton using Fox News and the right wing blogs to smear an opponent.

[quote]Michael570 wrote:
You gotta love the irony of Hillary Clinton using Fox News and the right wing blogs to smear an opponent.[/quote]

Don’t forget HH, the biggest tool in their shed.

That’s pretty funny that he’s out here spreading the smear on behalf of Hillary. Maybe the “Cankles” turn him on as much as the “AnnApple”?

Obama may have a muslim background, but he was raised a Christian and is a devout Christian.[/quote]

You know I was thinking nearly the same thing.

He never ceases to amaze me with his consistent extreme conservative drivel.

HH, Did you hear about Pelosi offending the “Administration” today?

I find it very interesting how the president has so often been referred to as “executive office.”

By the way, it seems Republicans are starting to turn on the “Administration” lately. At least according to WTOP.com, my local news station.

My god…

“They have weapons of mass destruction, and are willing to use them against the United States.”

Not up in arms about THAT, but your flipping over THIS!!!

Propaganda convinces only idiots. Your little tirades here do nothing but re firm what idiots believe. Your the type of person lawyers love to pick for jury duty.

[quote]hedo wrote:
And yes the Hillary machine is working overtime to dig stuff up on Obama. He’s got a lead and if she doesn’t nail him now the lead will grow.
[/quote]

Wrong again. Obama’s not leading the Democratic pack in any national polls. It’s not even close.

The GOP is screwed for 2008 and probably beyond. Bush will still be the president during the 2008 elections, and will still be an anchor around the GOP’s necks.

As far as smear campaigns go, Hillary Clinton is the most-smeared Democrat in America. She’s tough and it hasn’t stopped her. And at this point, it’s unlikely that any new dirt on Hillary can be dug up. So if it becomes a smear-heavy election, Hillary will probably win, because there are no surprises with her.

[quote]Here is Obama’s response when questioned about his current religious beliefs.

Right now they have it on good authority that he studied at a Madraas as a young man for 4 years. If I was Obama I wouldn’t hide that fact. Just explain it and move on. Once Hillary can get someone else to run with this story it will get talked to death. I’ve seen this story on a few blogs but nothing was quoted from either Hillary or Obama.

Like I said before I’d like to see him get a fair shot at this like anyone else. I don’t think for a minute however that Hillary isn’t going to tarnish him into oblivion before the primary season begins.

Evangelical? Obama’s faith too complex for simple label
Line ‘blurred’ in black church tradition

January 19, 2007
BY CATHLEEN FALSANI Religion Reporter
While on the presidential campaign trail 30 years ago, someone asked Jimmy Carter a rather indelicate public question:
Are you born again?

Carter said he was. And the next thing he knew, various media creatures were accusing the Southern Baptist peanut farmer of implying that his political aspirations had a divine imprimatur.

“I truthfully answered, ‘Yes,’ assuming all devout Christians were born again, of the Holy Spirit,” Carter wrote in his 2005 book, Our Endangered Values: America’s Moral Crisis.

In 1976, most reporters didn’t know born-again from over-easy. But times have changed and so has the public conversation about politics and religion. Terms such as “fundamentalist,” “evangelical” and “born-again” are part of the media vernacular.

That doesn’t mean, however, that such terms are particularly helpful by themselves in describing, much less defining, anyone – be they politicians, presidential candidates or private citizens.

Perhaps that’s why, back when I interviewed Barack Obama about his faith in spring 2004 a few days after he’d won the Democratic primary for U.S. Senate, I didn’t ask him something I’ve remained curious about since:

Does he consider himself an evangelical?

Candid answers
Nearly three years ago, before his famous keynote address at the Democratic National Convention, before he spoke to the spiritual “progressives” at Call for Renewal or to Rick Warren’s congregation at Saddleback, before he became a household name outside of Illinois, when people who knew him still were whispering about whether – some day – the young state senator from Chicago might run for president, Obama sat with me in public at a cafe on South Michigan Avenue and talked about his faith.

He didn’t hesitate. No one coached him. He didn’t choose his words carefully or tailor his responses. He shot from the hip, giving me candid and complicated answers to my inquiries about his religious history, beliefs and doubts.

At the time, Obama said he was a Christian, that he has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, that he reads the Bible regularly and prays constantly. He described his conversion experience in his mid-20s, how he walked the aisle at Trinity United Church of Christ one Sunday in a public affirmation of his private change of heart. But we didn’t talk labels, I didn’t ask him for one, and he didn’t offer.

A few weeks ago, during a visit to the Chicago Sun-Times editorial board, I had a chance to ask Obama that lingering question:

“Are you an evangelical?”

‘I’m not sure’
Surrounded by members of the editorial board, editors, our publisher, and a couple of his own aides, this was Obama’s answer:
"Gosh, I’m not sure if labels are helpful here because the definition of an evangelical is so loose and subject to so many different interpretations.

I came to Christianity through the black church tradition where the line between evangelical and non-evangelical is completely blurred. Nobody knows exactly what it means.

“Does it mean that you feel you’ve got a personal relationship with Christ the savior? Then that’s directly part of the black church experience. Does it mean you’re born-again in a classic sense, with all the accoutrements that go along with that, as it’s understood by some other tradition? I’m not sure.”

He continued his answer: "My faith is complicated by the fact that I didn’t grow up in a particular religious tradition. And so what that means is when you come at it as an adult, your brain mediates a lot, and you ask a lot of questions.

“There are aspects of Christian tradition that I’m comfortable with and aspects that I’m not. There are passages of the Bible that make perfect sense to me and others that I go, ‘Ya know, I’m not sure about that,’” he said, shrugging and stammering slightly.

A work in progress
It would have been easier for the senator-cum-president to answer, simply, “Yes,” to the evangelical question.
But for Obama, as for many of us, faith is complicated, messy, a work in progress.

And, if we’re honest about it, the standard labels just don’t fit.[/quote]

If there was an atheist/agnostic candidate hed be the first one to get my vote, america is in bad need for a guy who values common sense.

[quote]tme wrote:
Michael570 wrote:
You gotta love the irony of Hillary Clinton using Fox News and the right wing blogs to smear an opponent.

Don’t forget HH, the biggest tool in their shed.

[/quote]

Fascinated by the thought of ‘big tools’, eh?

Did anyone notice that I added not ONE WORD of commentary to the original post? I didn’t expect tme to get it, but Pete, you seem to at least use your head for something besides a hat rack!?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Did anyone notice that I added not ONE WORD of commentary to the original post? I didn’t expect tme to get it, but Pete, you seem to at least use your head for something besides a hat rack!?[/quote]

We all know you well enough by now that we can tell when your posting something because you agree with it entirely. As in, you always do.

Your not trying to make discussion, your trying to spread propaganda. We all know that by now. Stop trying to come off like you just wanted to have a conversation at this, and everyone is getting angry at YOU for no reason.

I heard something about Hillary getting kick backs from power companies in new york for some she played in authorizing a nuclear power company to charge OPEC prices for power.

Anyone know anything about it?

I am seriously concerned with hillary’s honesty. it seems she has been caught up in some shady dealings.