T Nation

Obama Picks Biden

From NBC and google: http://www.canada.com/topics/news/world/story.html?id=cbdc6636-84e5-450e-98b5-a285ebd3cdb8

Looks like the choice is done and Biden has accepted.

I don’t hate Biden - in fact, he is a centrist Democrat (by and large) who has a great deal of foreign policy chops.

But I wonder - will this pick create a “quarterback controversy”, instead of having folks react that the ticket is well-rounded? Will some voters look at Biden’s resume and say “why isn’t he the starter?”

I have also been curious to see how a VP fits in the whole messianic narrative - after all, if Obama is going to lower the oceans and heal the earth, how does a VP campaign as part of that (silly) notion?

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
I have also been curious to see how a VP fits in the whole messianic narrative - after all, if Obama is going to lower the oceans and heal the earth, how does a VP campaign as part of that (silly) notion?[/quote]

I agree. You’d think NoBama would have picked 12 running mates. It would have fit his image better.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
I have also been curious to see how a VP fits in the whole messianic narrative - after all, if Obama is going to lower the oceans and heal the earth, how does a VP campaign as part of that (silly) notion?

I agree. You’d think NoBama would have picked 12 running mates. It would have fit his image better. [/quote]

LOL! Yeah, but then one would be the traitor and all…

I wish 'em luck. If I was 10 trillion dollars in debt (which I guess I am, in a sense), I’d need all the luck in the world.

Is this the same Biden that was criticizing Obama on his lack of experience, and said that McCain would be a great president?

another Zionist in the White House…

Love him or hate him; Bill Maher often has some interesting insights on the VP selection.

He is supporting Obama (no surprise) but he said he is VERY lukewarm on him, as Obama trys to move (deliberately or not) “right of Center”.

His feelings are that this coming election should have been a “slam dunk” for Obama, but that it is far from it. Actually, Obama stands a real chance of losing.

He also feels that Obama really needed to make an “Oh, WOW; hit-it-out-of-the-Park; ballsy move” with the VP to really excite the base (Code: Hillary); but he said that instead he would probably pick an “old white guy” that was an “Oh…okay…” pick.

Enter Biden.

Safe. Can add to the ticket.

“Oh…okay…”

Mufasa

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
another Zionist in the White House…[/quote]

Agreed. There does seem this blind love that the USA has of Israel. And in any sense, we’ve had their backs for 60 years already. How about spending some of that cash here on things like helping the homeless find jobs and shelter, or on Headstart, things like that? Screw Israel, time for 'em to stand on their own damn two legs!!

When HR Cinton runs and wins against the incumbant McCain in 2012 this choice for Veep in 2008 will look foolish. Biden’s criticism was accurate.

McCain to pick either Huckabee or Kay Bailey Hutch.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Love him or hate him; Bill Maher [/quote]

Hate him. I truly believe that the world would be a better place if he were to die a slow, excruciating death.

God, I can’t stand that stupid, stupid man. I hate him so much. I wish for him to be raped anally by a horny silverback gorilla. Just beastfucked until he dies.

AARRRGGGHHHH. Why doesn’t he just DIE?

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

His feelings are that this coming election should have been a “slam dunk” for Obama, but that it is far from it. Actually, Obama stands a real chance of losing.[/quote]

I don’t think much of Maher - he hasn’t said anything relevant in years - but I think he makes his biggest mistake by thinking this election should have been a slam dunk for Obama.

It should have been a slam dunk for a generic Democrat - but Obama was one of the weakest candidates the Democrats could have nominated for a general election.

Readin’ 'ya, Bolt.

He can be like a fingernail on chalkboard sometimes; but he is one of those guys (like Dennis Miller) who you think would take a certain stand on a particular issue, but will sometimes take the complete opposite view.

Makes him interesting to me!

His show can also be pretty good AS LONG AS there is a strong, opposing conservative counter-point (Huffington, Coulter) to counter the “Liberal Love Fest” it can often become.

Mufasa

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
But I wonder - will this pick create a “quarterback controversy”, instead of having folks react that the ticket is well-rounded? Will some voters look at Biden’s resume and say “why isn’t he the starter?”[/quote]

My thought process exactly.

Biden is my favorite Democrat easily. He’d make a pretty decent President, especially considering that his specialty (foreign policy) is (or rather, is supposed to be) the primary function of the Head-of-State (am I wrong?). If he was running, I’d probably vote FOR Biden instead of AGAINST McCain.

Biden >>>>>> Obama. How’d we end up with Peyton Manning playing second string while Alex Smith leads the lead? (Nice analogy btw).

Gah… now I actually have to make a decision… maybe I’ll just abstain from voting in the Presidential election, leave those levers up.

Biden is a good choice. Should be fun to watch him run his big mouth for a few months. Lord knows. I wonder if his unable-to-be-PC mouth with get the ticket into trouble or be an asset. He’s certainly not the cardboard cutout that Kerry is/was.

Hell, and just about everyone actually likes the man. He’s good people, and electing good people is good for the country. This election looks like the best choices we’ve had for awhile.

I think Biden is a good VP pick on balance, because his main job will be to function as the attack dog, saying things Obama can’t and won’t. He’ll be very good at that.

As for his foreign policy expertise? I’d take that with a grain of salt. Just agreeing with the Washington consensus does not make him all that bright. $1 billion for our crook in Georgia, great idea.

Biden is a gift to the Republicans. Obama is a gaffe machine. Biden is even worse. The two together are going to be a rich source of material for Republicans to quote.

Biden has a rich and interesting history in the Senate. Not that the MSM will dig very deep but the opposition will.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Biden is a gift to the Republicans. Obama is a gaffe machine. Biden is even worse. The two together are going to be a rich source of material for Republicans to quote.

Biden has a rich and interesting history in the Senate. Not that the MSM will dig very deep but the opposition will.

[/quote]

Is this the most anti-second amendment pair ever to run?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
hedo wrote:

Is this the most anti-second amendment pair ever to run?
[/quote]

It has to be.