Obama on O'Reilly 9-4-08

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
Rocky101 wrote:
I hate O’Reilly, he never lets people finish talking, he always interupts. I think Obama will be a deer in headlights
umm umm umm well Bill umm umm umm-this will be the majority of the show

Actually Bill let’s people finish, unless you go off topic or dodge.

Bullshit. I’ve seen him go off on a fucking 16 year old before. He’s got some serious anger issues.

The man is a moron. However, it is a HUGE mistake for Obama to go against him. Unlike, say, Stephen Colbert (who verbally rapes O’Reilly whenever they’re together) Obama isn’t great in an unstructured setting. He’s going to come off as a complete pussy.

Bad move, IMO. It’d be like McCain going on the Daily Show. HOWEVER, the VPs should be doing this stuff. Palin on the Daily Show/Colbert Report and/or Biden on O’Reilly/Hannity would be good moves be either side. Both VPs seems to be much better in an unstructured setting than there counterparts.

And fuck i’m missing the Giants V Redskins kcikoff because I have a new hires meeting. Gah.[/quote]

Agreed…and McCain on the Daily Show would be stock comedy footage for decades to come.

O’Reilly will be on his best behavior because

A. It’s harder to get away with being a douchebag to the face of a major party presidential nominee, especially while calling oneself a neutral observer.

B. This is an attempt by Fox and the Obama camp to bury the hatchet so that Obama doesn’t have to deal with Fox running loopy anti-Obama material and so that an eventual Obama admin doesn’t shut Fox out.

Incidentally, McCain and plenty of other Republicans have been on the Daily Show. Last night was Gingrich. Generally Stewart is polite and pretty gentle in those interviews.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
The man is a moron. However, it is a HUGE mistake for Obama to go against him.[/quote]

So Obabma can’t handle a “moron”? How big of a moron can BO be if he can take down the Dem Presidental nom?? I think you confuse hatred with moronic.

I think moron is a strong word considering he has probably navigated and elevated his life and stature better than you or I ever will.

Like this?

[quote]etaco wrote:
Fox running loopy anti-Obama material[/quote]

Bill O’Reilly is easily the most dominant male personality in all of the media. He’s a T man, through and through.

And he’s right, at least 80% of the time, as someone pointed out. There are far better people to criticize than him.

And he’s a moron with millions more dollars than you. While you’re at Cornell pointing out everyone else’s stupidity, he’s probably laughing at the likes of you all the way to the bank. Not bad, for a moron.

There’s another towering intellect: Stephen Colbert. He’s like, so sarcastic that even HE doesn’t know when he’s being sarcastic!

It’s easy to “verbally rape” anyone with such an amazing ego - you just find their soft point and press on it until you get a reaction. Simple. Colbert’s no genius for knowing how to do it.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I hate O’Reilly. But I might have to watch it. It will be the only fucking time in the next 60 days that Obama will have anything but softballs lobbed at him. [/quote]

Agree on the softballs and the dislike of O’Reilly.

O’Reilly’s just an idiot. Sometimes he’s entertaining, and sometimes he’s right and I agree with him, but he’s still and idiot. He misquotes, twists stats, distorts facts, and drools.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I hate O’Reilly. But I might have to watch it. It will be the only fucking time in the next 60 days that Obama will have anything but softballs lobbed at him.

O’Reilly’s just an idiot. Sometimes he’s entertaining, and sometimes he’s right and I agree with him, but he’s still and idiot. He misquotes, twists stats, distorts facts, and drools.[/quote]

He makes millions and he’s never had to back down in a single argument in what, 10 years? Isn’t that the very definition of an Alpha Male? No single person has ever managed to shut up Bill O.

O’Reilly is like your rude uncle, except that your uncle isn’t getting paid to tear into the rest of the family and the guests.

He represents strength. His show is masculine. The real meaning of the no spin zone is the anti-feminist/liberal zone.

Colbert/Stewart, along with 99.9% of the media, is a fucking PUSSY. He has never said or done anything important and he never will.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
malonetd wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I hate O’Reilly. But I might have to watch it. It will be the only fucking time in the next 60 days that Obama will have anything but softballs lobbed at him.

O’Reilly’s just an idiot. Sometimes he’s entertaining, and sometimes he’s right and I agree with him, but he’s still and idiot. He misquotes, twists stats, distorts facts, and drools.

He makes millions and he’s never had to back down in a single argument in what, 10 years? Isn’t that the very definition of an Alpha Male? No single person has ever managed to shut up Bill O.

O’Reilly is like your rude uncle, except that your uncle isn’t getting paid to tear into the rest of the family and the guests.[/quote]

Why are people bringing how much money he makes? Are you jealous? Alex Rodriguez makes more money, is he more right? More alpha? I don’t care about his salary.

Of course no one is going to shut him up, especially on his own show. That’s his shtick. He’s a loud-mouthed media sensationalist. He won’t shut up even when he’s wrong. He can’t admit defeat.

I will play this game while watching this

[quote]rainjack wrote:
pat wrote:
Hmmm… I never watch the news, but perhaps it’s time I know what this nimrod sounds like. I have read he’s bad off the cuff. I just don’t know if I can bring myself to watch a news channel. Wait! Isn’t there a college game on tonight?

There is a pro game on as well NYG v. the Redskins.

I hate O’Reilly. But I might have to watch it. It will be the only fucking time in the next 60 days that Obama will have anything but softballs lobbed at him. [/quote]

O’Reilly is a pompous ass, but he did and will actually ask him some meaningful questions and not let him squirm around answering them.

Edit: Since everybody’s giving their opinion. I watch O’Reilly all the time and agree with him quite a bit, but disagree quite a bit too. He is tough, but his toughness sprouts largely from self important arrogance. Maybe he irritates me because he reminds of how self importantly arrogant I can be myself.

I agree with Hannity about 95% of the time, but he is even worse. He is outright rude, dismissive and condescending to Alan Colmes to the point of being unprofessional.

Honestly, I don’t care what they say about steroids, meaning it doesn’t effect my opinion much, except that they do spread misinformation on that issue. I expect that from everybody.

My take is that as etaco suggests, O’Reilly will not give Obama a hard time whatsoever. He’ll find a place where he thinks he won’t be accused of having been a walkover, but where “middle of the road” people will (in his mind) be saying “Ooooo, wasn’t O’Reilly fair!”

Just as he did with Hillary, of whom he asked not a single tough question.

Example tough but entirely reasonable question he could and should have asked Hillary:

"You claim frequently that your husband created millions of jobs and ‘grew the economy’ and promise that you will do the same. But you’ve never named any specific action of the former President that created jobs or grew the economy.

He raised taxes, of course, but that slows economic growth and job growth. He increased regulation, but that also slows economic and job growth.

Spending and the deficit were put under better control, but that was the Republican-controlled Congress, and in any case you’re not proposing to decrease total spending. So what did he do that created jobs and grew the economy?"

Oh, that would have been priceless. She would have had nothing to say. Could have had nothing to say.

And when she can’t name what it was that her husband did to create jobs and grow the economy, then what does she mean saying she’s going to do the same thing?

But of course O’Reilly did not do this, or any such thing. Instead, he expounded on his own fascist views regarding the oil companies and blamed energy problems on both political parties equally, taking up (seemingly) most of the interview with his own diatribes having nothing to do with Mrs Clinton.

IMO, Bill O’Reilly is all about Bill O’Reilly and what he thinks will play popularly with what he sees as his core audience, and chooses his content and I think in some cases his opinions based on that. A complete demagogue. I am pretty sure he will think it serves Bill O’Reilly best to be a “surprisingly” pleasant interview for Obama.

Besides that, he is probably under orders from ownership to play this interview to a DNC-pleasing level of softness, as personal opinion.

By the way, did you know that O’Reilly admits to being mendacious? I e-mailed him to let him know that he doesn’t know what the word means (he seems to think it means pugnacious) and before using it again in his vocabulary-showoff part of the show,

he needed to find out, but I suppose his staffer feared to correct O’Reilly or if O’Reilly was presented with the information, he was too arrogant to accept he could be wrong, so he has continued misusing the word.

Anyway, by his own statement (though actually the situation is that he doesn’t know what he’s saying) as well as being an un-admitted demagogue he’s an admitted liar :wink:

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
My take is that as etaco suggests, O’Reilly will not give Obama a hard time whatsoever. >>>
[/quote]

I thought he was going to kiss Hillary, but he did push Obama on the Surge, while offering him an out on the war, and says that the upcoming segments include pointed questions about his radical associations.

[quote]etaco wrote:
O’Reilly will be on his best behavior because

A. It’s harder to get away with being a douchebag to the face of a major party presidential nominee, especially while calling oneself a neutral observer.

B. This is an attempt by Fox and the Obama camp to bury the hatchet so that Obama doesn’t have to deal with Fox running loopy anti-Obama material and so that an eventual Obama admin doesn’t shut Fox out.

Incidentally, McCain and plenty of other Republicans have been on the Daily Show. Last night was Gingrich. Generally Stewart is polite and pretty gentle in those interviews.[/quote]

Yeah I was thinking that. McCain has been on the daily show like ten times.

http://www.hiphopmusic.com/2008/09/barack_obama_on_the_oreilly_fa.html

Get it before Bill claims copyright.

[quote]bald eagle wrote:
I don’t know - there is no teleprompter for him. My predition:

20 uhs
25 ums[/quote]

It looks like no one needs to go to you for more “preditions”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
bald eagle wrote:
I don’t know - there is no teleprompter for him. My predition:

20 uhs
25 ums

It looks like no one needs to go to you for more “preditions”.[/quote]

“Preditions” - obvious typo - whatever. And the interview is not over yet - we got some in the short interview we have so far.

His use of the uhs and ums is well known.

Not tip his hand? There are already military plans drawn up for Iran and a whole host of other countries - doesn’t he know this?

And it is the pentagon that has all of these plans that they are constantly working on.

Very high chance this guy will be Jimmy Carter all over again.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
My take is that as etaco suggests, O’Reilly will not give Obama a hard time whatsoever. >>>

I thought he was going to kiss Hillary, but he did push Obama on the Surge, while offering him an out on the war, and says that the upcoming segments include pointed questions about his radical associations. [/quote]

He just can’t bring himself to admit he was wrong on the surge. Agree or disagree with Iraq - it would have been a disaster of epic proportions to just leave. That is a fact.

The Ayers segment will be very interesting depending on how deep the questions go. He has a real problem here if it is pushed far enough.