T Nation

Obama on O'Reilly 9-4-08

OK, so who’s jacked about THIS!

What do you think of the fact Barry decides to go on the night of the GOP Acceptance speech?

What will be the outcome? After ducking Fox for months and months, this possibly will be Obama’s biggest interview ever?

Was this a mistake?

I don’t know - there is no teleprompter for him. My predition:

20 uhs
25 ums

[quote]bald eagle wrote:

20 uhs
25 ums[/quote]

I will count…I say OVER 50.

Hmmm… I never watch the news, but perhaps it’s time I know what this nimrod sounds like. I have read he’s bad off the cuff. I just don’t know if I can bring myself to watch a news channel. Wait! Isn’t there a college game on tonight?

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

20 uhs
25 ums

I will count…I say OVER 50.[/quote]

I guess we need to set an average per minute since we don’t know how long the interview will last.

There was one 40 minute speech he gave without help and there were 7 minutes of uhs and ums - almost 20 percent!

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:

[/quote]

And your actual point to this conversation?

[quote]pat wrote:
Hmmm… I never watch the news, but perhaps it’s time I know what this nimrod sounds like. I have read he’s bad off the cuff. I just don’t know if I can bring myself to watch a news channel. Wait! Isn’t there a college game on tonight? [/quote]

There is a pro game on as well NYG v. the Redskins.

I hate O’Reilly. But I might have to watch it. It will be the only fucking time in the next 60 days that Obama will have anything but softballs lobbed at him.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
pat wrote:
Hmmm… I never watch the news, but perhaps it’s time I know what this nimrod sounds like. I have read he’s bad off the cuff. I just don’t know if I can bring myself to watch a news channel. Wait! Isn’t there a college game on tonight?

There is a pro game on as well NYG v. the Redskins.

I hate O’Reilly. But I might have to watch it. It will be the only fucking time in the next 60 days that Obama will have anything but softballs lobbed at him. [/quote]

RJ - interested to hear why you hate O’Reilly given your views. I can understand why you may not be a fan. Just curious.

[quote]bald eagle wrote:
RJ - interested to hear why you hate O’Reilly given your views. I can understand why you may not be a fan. Just curious.[/quote]

Based on his outright vilification of AAS, despite his utter, and overwhelming ignorance of the subject matter - it is quite apparent that he is a lazy person. He can’t be bothered to actually do any homework.

And if he does happen to do some research, he starts with the ending, and looks only at that which supports his opinion.

I haven’t watched him since he railed against steroids.

I don’t like Sean Hannity either.

I don’t hate O’Reilly, but I don’t watch him very often either. What I’ve see of him ranges from “amusing” to “mostly tolerable”. I don’t know if it’s very classy of Obama to try to upstage McCain this way, but I can’t really blame him, and I will be interested to see what he says. To that end I’ll probably end up watching the segment live rather than wait to see what O’Reilly has to say about it after the fact.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
bald eagle wrote:
RJ - interested to hear why you hate O’Reilly given your views. I can understand why you may not be a fan. Just curious.

Based on his outright vilification of AAS, despite his utter, and overwhelming ignorance of the subject matter - it is quite apparent that he is a lazy person. He can’t be bothered to actually do any homework.

And if he does happen to do some research, he starts with the ending, and looks only at that which supports his opinion.

I don’t like Sean Hannity either. [/quote]

I share your opinion on the steroid issue but it is not like the liberal side is any help. In fact the liberal media are the main ones throwing out all the typical falsehoods when it comes to steroids.

It was the liberals in Congress who had to have their little hearings.

In O’Reilly’s (and I assume your issue with Hannity is the same) defense I will say it is hard for the average person to cut through all the media falsehoods and come to the conclusion that we know to be true. So while I agree with you - I think you are being a little harsh given the info they have to work with is mostly negative.

[quote]bald eagle wrote:
rainjack wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

I don’t like Sean Hannity either.

I share your opinion on the steroid issue but it is not like the liberal side is any help. In fact the liberal media are the main ones throwing out all the typical falsehoods when it comes to steroids.

It was the liberals in Congress who had to have their little hearings.

In O’Reilly’s (and I assume your issue with Hannity is the same) defense I will say it is hard for the average person to cut through all the media falsehoods and come to the conclusion that we know to be true.

So while I agree with you - I think you are being a little harsh given the info they have to work with is mostly negative.

[/quote]

I just don’t like O’Reilly. I agree with him about 80% of the time, but I can’t stand him.

Hannity is just a dumbass. The theme song to his show is sample from the song “Independence Day” which is about a wife killing her abusive husband. It has nothing to do with the subject matter of his show.

O’reilly ain’t bad

I hate O’Reilly, he never lets people finish talking, he always interupts. I think Obama will be a deer in headlights
umm umm umm well Bill umm umm umm-this will be the majority of the show

[quote]Rocky101 wrote:
I hate O’Reilly, he never lets people finish talking, he always interupts. I think Obama will be a deer in headlights
umm umm umm well Bill umm umm umm-this will be the majority of the show[/quote]

Actually Bill let’s people finish, unless you go off topic or dodge.

What time?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
What time?[/quote]
8 EST 5 PST

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Rocky101 wrote:
umm umm umm well Bill umm umm umm-this will be the majority of the show

Actually Bill let’s people finish, unless you go off topic or dodge.

[/quote]

Bullshit. I’ve seen him go off on a fucking 16 year old before. He’s got some serious anger issues.

The man is a moron. However, it is a HUGE mistake for Obama to go against him. Unlike, say, Stephen Colbert (who verbally rapes O’Reilly whenever they’re together) Obama isn’t great in an unstructured setting. He’s going to come off as a complete pussy.

Bad move, IMO. It’d be like McCain going on the Daily Show. HOWEVER, the VPs should be doing this stuff. Palin on the Daily Show/Colbert Report and/or Biden on O’Reilly/Hannity would be good moves be either side. Both VPs seems to be much better in an unstructured setting than there counterparts.

And fuck i’m missing the Giants V Redskins kcikoff because I have a new hires meeting. Gah.

I’ll say it before someone else does:

If Obama can’t handle O’Reilly, how will he handle terrorists?