T Nation

Obama Not Eligible for US Presidency?

I love this shit
http://www.citizens4freedom.com/Articles/tabid/1387/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/6247/US-Supreme-Court-Has-Ruled-on-Obamas-Eligibility.aspx

Pretty well written, laced with some stuff, etc, etc......
Interesting read

It says that a natural born citizen must have both parents citizens of America , that should be pretty easy to find , The way I understand it if you have to get citizenship through naturalization is not. Sounds pretty weak to me

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

except that your constitution states that :

natural born citizen, OR a citizen of the United States.
ie
a citizen of the United States. Natural Born or not.

what's next ?
he has not attained to the age of thirty-five years ?
he has not been fourteen years a resident with the united states ?

if i were you, i would argue that he may not be a person.
It worked with fetuses.

I, personally, think you should bring this up often and loudly close to the election.

Also, see if you can get more of the presidential candidates to agree with you. Don't vote for them if they don't agree with you on this.

I want you to read what you quoted and then get back to as to why what you wrote is nonsense.

Hint: He is not a vampire.

i read this :

and not this :

so i suppose you're right. Non-undead candidates are not eligible.

In which case, Obama could still be eligible, since he's a well known zombi. (sources : http://www.google.fr/search?q=obama+zombi&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=fr&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1429&bih=592&sei=V_XUTu2GHoP4sgabk7G_Dg )

Thanks pussy that was cute :slight_smile:

Problem is, the second quote is correct in substance and the first is not--even though it reads that way with the comma. This is well established historical and legal precedent. I'm not about to get into a stupid birther argument, but you should be aware of that. If that were not the case, then the Republican party would not have been toying (ever so briefly) with the idea of trying to push an Amendment through to allow Arnold Schwarzenegger to run for Pres...because he is not a natural born citizen.

The bill was introduced by Orrin Hatch. The bill was introduced because the Constitution says the latter and not the former.

The arcane use of commas in older (specifically British influenced) English is a source of frustration to most, if not all, modern readers.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I am also glad he saved you this valuable time , I would hate to think of some one costing my Pussy her time :slightly_smiling:

This is still an issue? On more interesting note, I wonder what would come up if you ran Obama's name here http://www.findermind.com . Imagine if they have him listed as a foreign national :slight_smile:

One could only hope :slight_smile:

Are people actually this stupid?
It's things shyt like this that makes me want to turncoat and lean Democrat. Only briefly however.
BTW, McCain was born in Panama and Repubs ran him against Obama.
I'd say the precedent of 'pushing the limits' has already been set.
Obama is the f*ing President, he has had his background tabbed thoroughly I'm sure by many Government agencies.
Of all the stupid birther shyt I've heard, the only thing that ever held any weight was the Connecticut social security number...even if that is fishy...he is still on the books, born in the USA.

Get over the birther shyt, seriously, the only thing unboring about it, is how laughably mbarassing its existence is for the Conservative community and the most of them are too foolish to notice how stupid it makes them look.

You know I think that is why I vote Democrat, I personally think the Democrats suck but the Republicans just suck more

Yall must have missed the entire point of the thread huh?

So, under the rationale of this blog post, every President prior to Martin Van Buren were ineligible to hold the office, them each being the children of parents (and they themselves) born as British subjects?

Good Lord. Congratulations, "libertarians" - you couldn't discredit the mission of limited government faster if you tried. This was dumb as hell.

You're usually sharper than this Thunder...long night or something?

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President..."

So, all the early presidents were valid because they, or their parents, while not born here, were living here at the time of the adoption of the Constitution.

A fair point, you're right, and I stand corrected on the point I was trying to make by that. But what made them "citizens at the time of the adoption of the Constitution"? Their mere existence. There'd be no rational reason why the "natural born" aspect to the clause wouldn't be governed by those same grounds.

More broadly, these kinds of idiotic rabbit trails by "libb-uhh-turr-ee-uns" aren't helping any argument for limited government.

Oh my...

Except of course that this was brought up and kept alive by conshervatives, who you bet your money on.