Obama Is Right: Not Releasing Photo

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
The only proof the OBL is dead is his dead body which has been conveniently “buried at sea”.

[/quote]
Don’t you think that a new video would be out with OBL showing his followers he’s alive? Stop projecting your own issues on the group.[/quote]

Hey Rocscar my friend, how have you been? [/quote]

I was busy with a forensics job in Pakistan…very hush hush. Now that the job is done I am back at camp.:slight_smile:

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]Bonesaw93 wrote:
but I’m also with Cap on this in that a trial wouldn’t necessarily have been a bad thing.[/quote]

Feed him 3 kosher squares a day, give him a koran, a lawyer, medical and dental plan?
[/quote]

Yeah. That’s what makes us the good guys. The idea that everyone, no matter what they do, is entitled, by virtue of being a human, to decent treatment and a fair trial.

Not only that, he likely had information that would have been useful after his death.

You can, and should, condemn his actions and believe that he should be found guilty and put to death. But once you advocate circumventing our legal system, or our constitution, you’re no longer the good guy - you’re just the other guy.

[quote]Bonesaw93 wrote:
I was thinking something fast like what happened to Saddam but I guess that wouldn’t happen in this country.
[/quote]

No way would that happen here. Plus, how many people put in gitmo as POW’s have we executed so far? KSM, who orchestrated the 9-11 job is still alive and getting fatter… and we have had him since 2003. Osama would have been treated with care just like all the other murderers we coddle and keep alive, educate and give degrees to.

We don’t follow through on death penalties anymore in this country as a whole, and it would have turned into a shit circus and we would have been paying 50k a year to keep him alive.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]Bonesaw93 wrote:
but I’m also with Cap on this in that a trial wouldn’t necessarily have been a bad thing.[/quote]

Feed him 3 kosher squares a day, give him a koran, a lawyer, medical and dental plan?
[/quote]

Yeah. That’s what makes us the good guys. The idea that everyone, no matter what they do, is entitled, by virtue of being a human, to decent treatment and a fair trial.

Not only that, he likely had information that would have been useful after his death.

You can, and should, condemn his actions and believe that he should be found guilty and put to death. But once you advocate circumventing our legal system, or our constitution, you’re no longer the good guy - you’re just the other guy.[/quote]

You take the perspective that he’s a US citizen who killed a few people like Manson who we needed to arrest. This is WAR, and we took out their Supreme General, as is usually the custom when fighting a war. Do you not agree?

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]Bonesaw93 wrote:
I was thinking something fast like what happened to Saddam but I guess that wouldn’t happen in this country.
[/quote]

No way would that happen here. Plus, how many people put in gitmo as POW’s have we executed so far? KSM, who orchestrated the 9-11 job is still alive and getting fatter… and we have had him since 2003. Osama would have been treated with care just like all the other murderers we coddle and keep alive, educate and give degrees to. We don’t follow through on death penalties anymore in this country as a whole, and it would have turned into a shit circus and we would have been paying 50k a year to keep him alive.[/quote]

I agree, Gitmo is a disgrace to this nation.

As an aside, I do wonder if Obama is handling this right with regard to how he portrays himself. Not morally, per se, but w/r/t re-election. I doubt many would disagree that, had Bush been president when Osama was captured or killed, he would have played it up.

Obama seems to be trying to take a moral high ground (saying things like “We dont need to spike the football”), at the possible cost of a re-election platform.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]Bonesaw93 wrote:

[/quote]

You can, and should, condemn his actions and believe that he should be found guilty and put to death. But once you advocate circumventing our legal system, or our constitution, you’re no longer the good guy - you’re just the other guy.[/quote]

You take the perspective that he’s a US citizen who killed a few people like Manson who we needed to arrest. This is WAR, and we took out their Supreme General, as is usually the custom when fighting a war. Do you not agree?
[/quote]

No. I take the perspective that our system of law is more important than revenge. It doesnt matter if someone is a US citizen or not, nor what they do.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
and we would have been paying 50k a year to keep him alive.[/quote]

Now that is a crime.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

As much as the original story of OBL’s death changed i cant help but be suspicious. Originally it was reported that a predator drone fired a rocket into OBL’s mansion. The fact that OBL’s capture, trial, and execution would at the very least provide a major propaganda victory in the war on terror and possibly provide valuable intelligence on AQ leadership, finances, and operations that could potentially save lives in Afghanistan. Instead now OBL will act as a martyr for the AQ fighters possibly re-energizeing their cause, everything OBL knew is now lost with him.

Due to the discrepancy in the story, the only evidence of the assassination in circulation being photo-shopped pictures, and the pure propaganda value that the capture,trial, and humiliation of OBL would provide lead me to disbelieve the official story. Its much more likely he died from natural causes and the Obama administration is making some half-assed effort to take credit for his death(after all it is unlikely that the U.S. would admit to OBL dieing of natural causes after all the time, lives, and money spent hunting him down), or possibly bring closure to the war on terror. It makes no strategic sense to just kill the fucker off, when he is much more valuable alive( for the time being at least).

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
He says things that hurt my head to think about so I call him a “looney conspiracy” theorist so that I can distract myself from real issues.

He understands that the US government lies and that people who willingly believe it are sheep.

He likes tacos and could probably fit more tacos on his plate.
[/quote]

And your problem is what…?[/quote]

Oh my gosh did I say that??

Oh…wait…you edited my post, hahahahahahahaa you got me there.

/editing posts is for short bus assholes.

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:

As much as the original story of OBL’s death changed i cant help but be suspicious. Originally it was reported that a predator drone fired a rocket into OBL’s mansion. The fact that OBL’s capture, trial, and execution would at the very least provide a major propaganda victory in the war on terror and possibly provide valuable intelligence on AQ leadership, finances, and operations that could potentially save lives in Afghanistan. Instead now OBL will act as a martyr for the AQ fighters possibly re-energizeing their cause, everything OBL knew is now lost with him.

Due to the discrepancy in the story, the only evidence of the assassination in circulation being photo-shopped pictures, and the pure propaganda value that the capture,trial, and humiliation of OBL would provide lead me to disbelieve the official story. Its much more likely he died from natural causes and the Obama administration is making some half-assed effort to take credit for his death(after all it is unlikely that the U.S. would admit to OBL dieing of natural causes after all the time, lives, and money spent hunting him down), or possibly bring closure to the war on terror. It makes no strategic sense to just kill the fucker off, when he is much more valuable alive( for the time being at least).

[/quote]

a-compound
b-his wife’s in custody and talking
c-We hit that compound (wreckage and tweets)
d-Al Quaeda recognized death
c- No new tapes from the OBL.

That works for me.

First you say it did not happen, then you say we should have captured him. It makes better sense to waste the fucker and not allow our courts system (Holder) to even have a chance to piss us all off by protecting him.

The irony is that if he was in that compound for 5 years, he was in his own self made prison to begin with.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:

[/quote]

a-compound
b-his wife’s in custody and talking
c-We hit that compound (wreckage and tweets)
d-Al Quaeda recognized death
c- No new tapes from the OBL.

That works for me.

First you say it did not happen, then you say we should have captured him. It makes better sense to waste the fucker and not allow our courts system (Holder) to even have a chance to piss us all off by protecting him.

The irony is that if he was in that compound for 5 years, he was in his own self made prison to begin with.
[/quote]
a- a compound not necessarily the compound
b-his wife who was originally reported to be killed, while being used as a human shield.
c-again a compound not necessarily the compound
d- Recognizing his death serves as good propaganda and recruitment tool for the Al Queada, He has most likely been dead for years, the Obama administration just provided Al Queada with an opportunity to frame the events surrounding his death in there favor (especially by legitimizing OBL’s daughters version of the events). Who do you think a bunch of pissed off muslims will believe the the Obama administrations version of the purported events, or Osama’s daughter’s version of him being dragged outside and executed by navy seals.
e- Osama has not released a tape since october 2004,after that he only released audio tapes for the next and a half until 2007 when a stand-in filled in for him on the supposed Osama Bin Laden videos. look at the difference between his last video in 2004 and his next one in 2007 looks a hell of a lot more spry doesnt he.

Besides at the very least releasing the picture(assuming they exist, would send a message to the AQ, “This is what happens when you fuck with us” rather than allowing AQ to be able to totally frame what supposedly happened.

What i said is that if it did happen OBL would have been captured rather than killed, he was too valuable of an asset to not take alive.

I also think its funny that holder seemed to predict this very event

â??Youâ??re talking about a hypothetical that will never occur. The reality is that we will be reading Miranda rights to the corpse of Osama bin Laden. He will never appear in an American courtroom. Thatâ??s the reality. … He will be killed by us, or he will be killed by his own people so heâ??s not captured by us. We know that.â??-Eric Holder

As an aside, I do wonder if Obama is handling this right with regard to how he portrays himself. Not morally, per se, but w/r/t re-election. I doubt many would disagree that, had Bush been president when Osama was captured or killed, he would have played it up.

Obama seems to be trying to take a moral high ground (saying things like “We dont need to spike the football”), at the possible cost of a re-election platform.
[/quote]

That in itself may be what gets him re-elected. People will look back on this and say “this motherfucker did his job and didn’t brag about it”.

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:
b-his wife who was originally reported to be killed, while being used as a human shield.[/quote]

The fact that you don’t even know he had multiple wives tells me you don’t know jack shit here.

Gtfo.

Hahahaha

It’s so insignificant in the grander scheme of things.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:
b-his wife who was originally reported to be killed, while being used as a human shield.[/quote]

The fact that you don’t even know he had multiple wives tells me you don’t know jack shit here.

Gtfo.[/quote]

Take your own advice, dipshit. ABC only reported one wife at the compound. He divorced one of his 5 wives and moved the other three to syria. He supposedly only had one wife at his compound learn to read fucking the news before you comment on it.

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:

Gtfo.[/quote]

Take your own advice, dipshit. ABC only reported one wife at the compound. He divorced one of his 5 wives and moved the other three to syria. He supposedly only had one wife at his compound learn to read fucking the news before you comment on it.[/quote]

Wow. So apparently the wives in Syria are untouchable.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:

Gtfo.[/quote]

Take your own advice, dipshit. ABC only reported one wife at the compound. He divorced one of his 5 wives and moved the other three to syria. He supposedly only had one wife at his compound learn to read fucking the news before you comment on it.[/quote]

Wow. So apparently the wives in Syria are untouchable.[/quote]

The wives in Syria(which the official story is that OBL has been isolated in the compound for the last five years, at which time the wives were moved to Syria, meaning very little to no direct contact) are irrelevant. What does matter is what supposedly happened at the compound in Pakistan.

why would you be suspicious if the White House officials story of the raid changed a bunch of times? It would be suspicious if everything the WH put out was 100% accurate. All they really knew prior to the raid was where Osama was, the lay-out of the compound, and that the courier was probably there, that’s it. After the raid, they gave out information as accurately and quickly as they could to the media/public. As they get more information from the raid, obviously the story will change a bit as they interview the Seals, and look over all of the data and reports.

think of that picture that showed Sec of State Clinton all worried, the Air Force general or whoever that was on the laptop, and Obama watching the raid intently in the Situation Room. you think they are just going to fabricate that picture? You think someone is directing that picture? “OK, general, you will be on the laptop, Sec Clinton, can you look a little sadder? OK now you people, get in the background and act like your busy or something.” Come the fuck on.