Obama Is Right: Not Releasing Photo

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
I’m glad Osama is dead. though I think its unfortunate that he wasnt able to stand trial.

Before anybody jumps my shit, No, I’m not saying he had any defense or might have been found innocent. [/quote]

I’m glad Osama is dead, though I think it is unfortunate that he died quickly with a bullet to the head as opposed to several to the lower abdomen and kneecaps followed by the attachment of a car battery and jumper leads to his testicles.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Thoughts on keeping the photo’s from public view?

[/quote]

They took the photo as insurance against a bin Laden truth conspiracy movement. No conspiracy bullshit no need to release photo. When can we get back to partisan fighting BTW?

Releasing photos would be the most utterly pointless move ever. We know he’s dead. Obama’s not so stupid as to lie and then have Bin Laden go ‘actually I’m not dead’ a few weeks later and make him a laughing stock. Those who believe that he is alive or a CIA stooge, or whatever, will believe that in the face of all evidence, like the 9/11 truthers.

I agree, but I’d still really like to see that photo.

Trying not to sound nutty here but wouldn’t it be possible they captured him and are trying to get information out of him? Wouldn’t this be a more strategic move? I’m not saying he’s not dead, I’m just saying wouldn’t it make sense to try and get information from the head of the network we are fighting?

But on topic, yes I agree the government and military should be applauded, but I’m also with Cap on this in that a trial wouldn’t necessarily have been a bad thing.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I agree, but I’d still really like to see that photo.[/quote]

I agree.

I believe that there are quite a few people in NYC who would like to have a look at it as well.

As for this thread (perhaps the most bi-partisan one in the history of PWI) I agree with the presidents decision to not release the photos.

Al-Quida has now officially confirmed him dead.

Mufasa

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Good thread Zeb. [/quote]

Okay, I don’t know who you are but I demand to know what you’ve done with Gambit Lost!

[quote]Bonesaw93 wrote:
but I’m also with Cap on this in that a trial wouldn’t necessarily have been a bad thing.[/quote]

Feed him 3 kosher squares a day, give him a koran, a lawyer, medical and dental plan? Not for a single day would I wish to see this guy in jail living with my tax money. He deserved an execution at the expense of one small operation.

I don’t care about the pictures either way. I don’t think that the pictures would have done anything above what we have already released, are always so quick to do when prosecuting our own soldiers via video and pics of dead and/or tortured muslims.

That said, I am willing to give credit to Obama for calling “go” on this operation. I would also hope ANY president would have made a “go” call given the mounds of intelligence we had after 10 years at war.

The only proof the OBL is dead is his dead body which has been conveniently “buried at sea”.

You people only want to see his imploded head, not for proof, but because you have psychological issues.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
The only proof the OBL is dead is his dead body which has been conveniently “buried at sea”.

You people only want to see his imploded head, not for proof, but because you have psychological issues.[/quote]

Now you’re just picking a fight.

And for the record…who the hell are “you people”?

[/quote]
Don’t you think that a new video would be out with OBL showing his followers he’s alive? Stop projecting your own issues on the group.

Why would I think anything pertaining to OBL? I don’t know him and neither do any of you.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]Bonesaw93 wrote:
but I’m also with Cap on this in that a trial wouldn’t necessarily have been a bad thing.[/quote]

Feed him 3 kosher squares a day, give him a koran, a lawyer, medical and dental plan? Not for a single day would I wish to see this guy in jail living with my tax money. He deserved an execution at the expense of one small operation.

I don’t care about the pictures either way. I don’t think that the pictures would have done anything above what we have already released, are always so quick to do when prosecuting our own soldiers via video and pics of dead and/or tortured muslims.

That said, I am willing to give credit to Obama for calling “go” on this operation. I would also hope ANY president would have made a “go” call given the mounds of intelligence we had after 10 years at war.[/quote]

You do make a very good point. I didn’t think about it from that angle. In that case I also wouldn’t like to see a drawn out trial that could turn into a circus. I was thinking something fast like what happened to Saddam but I guess that wouldn’t happen in this country.

Why would I think anything pertaining to OBL? I don’t know him and neither do any of you.[/quote]

I swear you are turning into George Noory from Coast to Coast AM radio…right before our eyes.

Im glad that he is dead. Maybe that can help us withdraw from those 3 shitty countries.

As far as the photo, theres valid arguments to both sides.

I look at it this way, I doubt exposing the photo could incite any more violence than is already incited towards us. The fact being, the people that dislike us SEE FIRSTHAND the people we kill everyday. One photo wont mean shit compared to that.

The American people on the other hand, NEVER see any war dead, or enemy dead, and most would think these wars are like Call of Duty or something “rad”.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[/quote]
Don’t you think that a new video would be out with OBL showing his followers he’s alive? Stop projecting your own issues on the group.[/quote]

Hey Rocscar my friend, how have you been?

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

Why would I think anything pertaining to OBL? I don’t know him and neither do any of you.[/quote]

I swear you are turning into George Noory from Coast to Coast AM radio…right before our eyes.[/quote]

I suppose this is intended to be a valid argument.

I don’t know who this guy is so I will assume that if you disagree with him he must be saying the correct things.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[/quote]

I swear you are turning into George Noory from Coast to Coast AM radio…right before our eyes.[/quote]

I suppose this is intended to be a valid argument.

I don’t know who this guy is so I will assume that if you disagree with him he must be saying the correct things.[/quote]

He is the looney conspiracy theorist that has an overnight radio show.

He pretty much thinks that everything we believe is wrong and/or brainwashing.

He is one taco short of a platter…you are starting to remind me of him over the last little bit.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
He says things that hurt my head to think about so I call him a “looney conspiracy” theorist so that I can distract myself from real issues.

He understands that the US government lies and that people who willingly believe it are sheep.

He likes tacos and could probably fit more tacos on his plate.
[/quote]

And your problem is what…?