'Obama is a Racist'-Glenn Beck

No, the ad hominem is what you have done, and statements such as claiming that I wrote that you are a flaming idiot are untrue.

The intolerance I find is with you, regarding Beck saying that. You are clearly intolerant of his saying it.

I don’t find intolerance in Beck for having that opinion.

I went and watched the clip, now that you are getting more specific. You are surely not getting your alleged quote above from the clip. At least not remotely accurately.

It doesn’t help your case to make up things like your above supposed quote or near-quote (same as you’ve done repeatedly in what you claim I wrote, by the way.)

Beck said nothing about Obama being a SOB. He also appeared to correct himself immediately – which you omitted of course – that he meant white culture rather than white people as he first said (doesn’t move it away from being a stupid opinion but whether his opinion was stupid or not is irrelevant to the matter of your intolerance to opinions you disagree with being expressed) and also with further followup that he was not saying that Obama didn’t like white people, but nonetheless he was a racist.

Again, stupidity or incorrectness of Beck’s opinion isn’t the point. It’s your intolerance of it being expressed.

Your calling Beck intolerant doesn’t even follow. There’s nothing intolerant about his statements: it’s just that he doesn’t like Obama, obviously, and thinks him a racist. What, saying something negative about Obama now is categorized as “intolerant” ?

As an aside, the commentary from the MSNBC folk was ridiculous. One even insisted that Obama couldn’t be a racist because he’s half white. What a racist comment: analyzing a person’s race to figure out what his positions and feelings could or could not be!

As for complaining that it’s ironic that supposedly I’m insulting you while telling you you are intolerant (also, you misrepresent again and add in that supposedly I included “bastard” in what I told you of yourself): maybe you don’t even know what intolerant means. It certainly is appearing so.

As for your claiming I don’t “have a helpful place in the discussion,” this seems merely to be part of your pattern of opposing the expression of anything that you don’t agree with. You have been 100% consistent in that. If you don’t like someone’s opinion, it shouldn’t be expressed, and if it is expressed, why, then he’s “causing division!”

It’s clear you are not going to understand that when people express opinions, even stupid ones, that others disagree with and those people go postal about those opinions even being expressed, with great emotional outbursts such as yours and demands for silencing, what is creating any resulting division in society is not those differing opinions being held, not those differing opinions being expressed, but the rage and intolerance at their being expressed from people like yourself.

That rage and intolerance of others is the true source of the division, not the expression of the opinions.

Goodbye.

[quote]Schlenkatank wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
Schlenkatank wrote:

hrmmm, kind of a passive aggressive post here.

Since a substantive reply wasn’t possible, you had little choice but to rely on the ad hominem approach.

“Oh i didn’t even watch the clip because I’m cool like that, but I’ll flame you for being something I despise in a classically ironic post that supports the OP’s point!”

Wrong on at least 2 counts. My post didn’t support your point, and your suggested reason for why I didn’t watch the clip is wrong. Rather it is for the reason I stated. I don’t care what he said. And it doesn’t matter. I take your word for it that he said Obama is a racist.

My reply is to YOUR response, not to Beck.

Whatever Beck said, you clearly are intolerant of his expressing an opinion you don’t agree with. His doing so had you writing a post not far short of frothing at the mouth, being highly condemning of his making any such statement, and of it being aired, and even calling for him to be fired.

It’s clear you think that networks should prevent statements you don’t like, regarding a politician or perhaps other things, from being aired. And you believe those that make such statements that you don’t like should be fired.

But let me guess, this is quite selective. There are other people that could be criticized in various ways, including as racists even if some thought that incorrect, and if that were blocked from being aired you’d be quite upset at the censorship. I can imagine your indignation if a network had such protection in place for a politician you despise. But politically correct censorship that agrees with your feelings, that is something you certainly appear to think should be in place, and you condemn a network for not blocking this opinion you don’t like, or having in their employ anyone who ever expresses such an opinion on the air, as opinion.

I understand what you’re trying to say, however what I’m ultimately saying is what your post demonstrates rather blatantly: Our society is split down the middle, and this trend is helped by men like Beck.

No, it’s caused by those like you who are totally intolerant of others having or expressing opinions different than your own, who go off the wall as you did when that happens.

Dude you are so Ironic. I’ll read this tomorrow, but what I’m trying to say is that America is segregated by hatred while you tell me I’m a flaming idiot liberal. I’m reaching out and you are biting me on the hand (which is frusterating and immature). Please don’t tell me what I’m trying to say, it’s Ad something or other… I’ll remember when I sleep, i’m very tired.

By the way what he said was," Obama has a deep seeded hatred for white people, and has show again and again and again to be a SOB… he’s a racist" or similar. I think this would typify the type of intolerant behavior your talking about wouldn’t it? It’s a violent hateful comment that’s very ungrounded (i.e. he was raised by his white mother, has multiple white cabinet members, etc)

Can you at least see the irony in that you’re insulting me while telling me I’m an intolerant bastard??? I don’t think you have a helpful place in this discussion, unless you actually want to talk with me about any of the issues above^.[/quote]

Try this: Glenn Beck is wrong because…

I’ll let you in on a little secret: Those of us on the Right can easily ignore the attacks against Fox News.

Why?

Because you do not call out punks like keith olberman or chris matthews.

The only people we listen to regarding criticism of Fox News, are those who aren’t tainted by hypocrisy.

So, in future, if you start a Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity post, you need to start a corresponding anderson cooper diatribe.

If you don’t, then you are wasting keystrokes.

JeffR

[quote]Jeff R wrote:

Try this: Glenn Beck is wrong because…

[/quote]

I would love to hear them try to disprove what Glenn said without sounding like complete hypocrites.

Simple. The MSNBC commentator did that.

Obama’s half-white. Therefore he cannot be racist.

What, that sounds like a hypocrite? :wink:

God damn… facepalm.gif the whole politics forum.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
I didn’t see the clip. Couldn’t really care less what Glenn Beck said. What, he said Obama was a racist?

I can’t imagine how responding differently and quite negatively to arrest of black man for going postal after a cop was just doing his job than he would to a white man being arrested for the same thing which happens every day, as the most recent example; sitting under Rev Wright for 20 years and having his children to listen to that as well; calling his grandmother “a typical white person” in saying she would just automatically react with fear on seeing a black person; entitling his first book “Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance’” and accusing McCain of using race against him could possibly suggest Obama has race pervasively on his mind and judges people and cases differently according to race.

How could anyone come to a conclusion like that? Obama is the most color-blind man I’ve ever seen on the public stage.

Schlenkatank, you are a fine modern liberal, or if you feel you are not one, you’d make a fine one in this regard. You clearly cannot stand expression of thoughts you disagree with.

Now, a liberal saying Bush was a racist, or McCain was or Romney was or whoever, I cannot imagine you’d be so outraged. Such expression would be fine. You might even do it yourself.

I rather doubt you were calling for firings over people expressing opinions such as that Bush had the New Orleans dikes bombed because he hated black people, for example. You probably smiled, as a guess.

But that an unfavorable opinion could be expressed of your Messiah: Oh, that is HATE! It makes your blood pressure RISE! It is OMINOUS! It is OUTWARD AGGRESSION! He should be FIRED!

Yes, nothing like the modern day liberal and his “tolerance” for expression or even possession of opinions he doesn’t agree with.

Boo-hoo, an opinion was expressed that you don’t agree with. The person responsible should be fired.[/quote]

I laughed, and I rarely laugh when reading. If I knew your address I’d send you a cold 6 pack of Pabst and some hot wings.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Schlenkatank wrote:

You can’t be a respected journalist and make these kinds of statements.

No disagreement - but he is not, nor is he pretending to be, a respected journalist.[/quote]

Yes, Fox runs advertisements claiming their fairness, ethical standards, journalistic standards and journalistic integrity. Hes part of a network that claims to hire “journalists.”

The commercials dont say “Excluding Glen Beck.” and the few times ive seen his show on either channel he never started his show with “Im not a journalist” a single time.

Why would you believe he doesn’t claim to be?

And before the fan boys get their panties in a bundle, the other stations are just as guilty in their own special and absurd ways.

But I like the direction this thread went in. “You can not make any valid points unless you also descry the behavior, which I’m going to accuse you of, in the beginning of your thread.” Classic PWO.

Schlenkatank, you are a fine modern liberal, or if you feel you are not one, you’d make a fine one in this regard. You clearly cannot stand expression of thoughts you disagree with.

Now, a liberal saying Bush was a racist, or McCain was or Romney was or whoever, I cannot imagine you’d be so outraged. Such expression would be fine. You might even do it yourself.

I rather doubt you were calling for firings over people expressing opinions such as that Bush had the New Orleans dikes bombed because he hated black people, for example. You probably smiled, as a guess.

But that an unfavorable opinion could be expressed of your Messiah: Oh, that is HATE! It makes your blood pressure RISE! It is OMINOUS! It is OUTWARD AGGRESSION! He should be FIRED!

[/quote]

Reading between lines that aren’t even written. NIIIIIICE.

Very good, PB-Crawl.

Perhaps you can share with us some examples of the many past posts by liberals on this forum expressing their horror at negative statements being made on television networks about politicians that they dislike, and their opposition to any such thing being expressed or being allowed by the network to be expressed.

I mean, surely that had to be going on, right? Liberals being so principled. Surely it couldn’t be as I say, that this opposition to expression of negative opinions on politicians (or anything else) is only or virtually only when it is opinions that liberals don’t like.

Or if that’s not what you are referring to, if you’re referring to the blood pressure rising, how ominous it was, how it was “outward aggression” and “hate” and so on to express or allow to be expressed a negative opinion of Obama, you’re incorrect that those lines weren’t written by the OP.

Modern day liberals have moved far from the traditional variety, who said and believed “I don’t agree with what he says but I’ll defend to the death his right to say it.”

Not exactly the tone of the OP’s post, was it now.

And on some other posts, don’t recall if they were yours or not: If anyone truly can’t tell the difference between opinion shows and newscasts – as opposed to the possibility that you’re merely pretending that out of enjoying engaging in indignation displays and entertaining yourself with worked-up rage and expressions of hatred against those expressing opinions you don’t agree with – you need to hope that stem cell research will provide the means of supplying you with some quite desperately needed grey matter cells.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Schlenkatank wrote:

Okay, I’ve never really been a fan of Fox News in the past, but this was just ridiculous. I’ve been watching more and more shows like the O’reilly Factor and Fox and Friends, and the more I watch them the more my blood pressure rises. I’m wondering what people think of this and if this trend in the separation of left and right ideals is becoming dangerously pronounced. If people actually support Beck on this one, this seems an ominous sign of the role of political ideas affecting our social structure. To me, this clip shows deep seeded distrust, hatred, and almost outward aggression from the conservative media rather than one mans opinion of the president.

Almost as vicous as Olbermann and Garofalo in the liberal media.[/quote]

Who is Garofalo? If you are talking about the comedian, Jeanne Garofalo you cannot possible be comparing her to a newscaster (even if she did briefly work some stupid liberal front Air America Radio, no more biased than the many conservative talk radio stations). Same goes for people like Jon Stewart who says himself that his show premieres after a dog puppet that sniffs his own ass (Triumph the Insult Dog) and that he cannot possibly and should not be considered a journalist.

It is entirely disingenuous to call celebrities the “liberal media” just because more celebrities are liberal than not. Hey, the republicans have got Elizabeth Hasselbeck and Heidi Montag.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Schlenkatank wrote:

Okay, I’ve never really been a fan of Fox News in the past, but this was just ridiculous. I’ve been watching more and more shows like the O’reilly Factor and Fox and Friends, and the more I watch them the more my blood pressure rises. I’m wondering what people think of this and if this trend in the separation of left and right ideals is becoming dangerously pronounced. If people actually support Beck on this one, this seems an ominous sign of the role of political ideas affecting our social structure. To me, this clip shows deep seeded distrust, hatred, and almost outward aggression from the conservative media rather than one mans opinion of the president.

Almost as vicous as Olbermann and Garofalo in the liberal media.

Who is Garofalo? If you are talking about the comedian, Jeanne Garofalo you cannot possible be comparing her to a newscaster (even if she did briefly work some stupid liberal front Air America Radio, no more biased than the many conservative talk radio stations). Same goes for people like Jon Stewart who says himself that his show premieres after a dog puppet that sniffs his own ass (Triumph the Insult Dog) and that he cannot possibly and should not be considered a journalist.

It is entirely disingenuous to call celebrities the “liberal media” just because more celebrities are liberal than not. Hey, the republicans have got Elizabeth Hasselbeck and Heidi Montag.

[/quote]

Come on now…you’ve got Olbermann, chuckling at her statements, saying “Yes. You talk about self loathing.”

[quote]Schlenkatank wrote:

Okay, I’ve never really been a fan of Fox News in the past, but this was just ridiculous. I’ve been watching more and more shows like the O’reilly Factor and Fox and Friends, and the more I watch them the more my blood pressure rises. I’m wondering what people think of this and if this trend in the separation of left and right ideals is becoming dangerously pronounced. If people actually support Beck on this one, this seems an ominous sign of the role of political ideas affecting our social structure. To me, this clip shows deep seeded distrust, hatred, and almost outward aggression from the conservative media rather than one mans opinion of the president.[/quote]

Of course Obama’s a racist. He’s half-white and the white part makes him racist. Its a DNA thing.

Whatever Beck said, you clearly are intolerant of his expressing an opinion you don’t agree with. [/quote]

Liberals? Tolerant? Bill, whatever were you thinking?

I for one do think he’s racist. He racially profiled a cop because he’s white. He made a judgment about a situation knowing only the races of the people involved. He is racist. Period. Out of all the people in the gates Crowley escapade, the ONLY one that was ever racially profiled (by both gates and obama) was Crowley. This doesn’t even include the vast circumstantial evidence of things like reverend and mentor and appointments.

I still think Beck was dumb for saying it on the air.

The defense of the president in the clip was in my opinion dumber than calling the sitting president a racist. Suddenly he’s “half white”. Suddenly, when it’s convenient, they start to identify him with the white race. And somehow being half white makes it impossible for him to be racist against whites.

Word on the street is that Hitler was part Jewish. I guess that means he wasn’t antisemitic after all. That is such a dumb argument.

You notice they didn’t in any way directly address the claim of racism based on his actions, because it’s pretty evident by his actions that he is. At least Beck is basing his judgments, right or wrong, on actions and facts rather than skin color.

It’s also not as if racism does not appear to have affected Obama’s execution of his responsibilities as President in other ways.

For example, on Souter announcing his retirement, the liberal buzz about who should be appointed immediately became, “A Hispanic woman!” Consensus seemed quickly reached among them: yes, that was it.

And Obama promptly produces… who else but a Hispanic woman.

Oh, you could argue coincidence. But given his views on racial matters, it is entirely likely that he made race a key factor in his choice for the Supreme Court nomination. An Irish candidate, for example, need not apply for this vacancy, or rather, imagine himself having a snowball’s chance. Wrong race.

And I’ve never even seen it argued that Sotomayor was picked for no reason but that she is the most outstandingly qualified candidate available. No one even tries that.

My point isn’t of course that a Hispanic woman should have less chance. For example Bush (of course instant word association will occur, and many are experiencing rage at the mere word) appointed blacks and Hispanics to important positions, but not because he had decided or anyone had said that that position needed a black or Hispanic.

They were appointed because he thought them the best pick for the job.

There is, you see, no evidence that Bush was a racist. Nowhere did he ever seem to employ race as part of how he judged a person or made a decision or decided how to fill a post. The same is true, of course, for countless other individuals. It ought to be the case for everybody.

For Obama, personally, I don’t think that can be said.

Of course, I should not be allowed to express that opinion: such wrongthink is divisive… expressing opinions like that is what is tearing the nation apart, don’cha know! Everyone must fall in lockstep with thoughts approved by the correct people, and nothing else may be spoken in public or really even thought privately, else society will be destroyed.

That such expression was allowed is ominous, shows deep seated distrust, hatred, and almost outward aggression, and makes people’s blood pressures rise and is deeply sickening.

We need to limit what is said so as to avoid creating divisions, avoid the country being torn apart by expression of wrongthink, and avoid such increases in blood pressure being suffered by correct-thinkers.

And, for the children. Think of the children. Do you want them growing up in a world where people can say their opinion when it isn’t the correct one to have? Let alone is negative about our Leader? The horror!

Obama is an absolute racist. HELLO? Are the people of the USA deaf blind and stupid?

The Man was infused by the most racist church and leaders in the country, that’s a fact. but for whatever reason noone takes that seriously and just brushes it under the carpet. lol.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Obama is an absolute racist. HELLO? Are the people of the USA deaf blind and stupid?

The Man was infused by the most racist church and leaders in the country, that’s a fact. but for whatever reason no one takes that seriously and just brushes it under the carpet. lol. [/quote]

Now are these facts?..or just opinions?. Mr.Roberts has inspired my curiosity.

Research for yourself. It’s all facts but you can distort all you want.

Black people have an excellent talent to speaking and great oration. They are excellent at working their angle. They have now attained a level where even the Media is in handcuffs. NOONE will dare attack a black leader of questionable tactics or outright thinly hidden racism. Research it more for yourself. Noone can convince you.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Gregus wrote:

The Man was infused by the most racist church and leaders in the country, that’s a fact. but for whatever reason no one takes that seriously and just brushes it under the carpet. lol.

Now are these facts?..or just opinions?. Mr.Roberts has inspired my curiosity.[/quote]

Lets put it another way, lets say Obama was a racist.

His idea of “helping” people is so misguided IMO, that I´d rather be on the side of those he would not piss on were they on fire.

[quote]orion wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Gregus wrote:

The Man was infused by the most racist church and leaders in the country, that’s a fact. but for whatever reason no one takes that seriously and just brushes it under the carpet. lol.

Now are these facts?..or just opinions?. Mr.Roberts has inspired my curiosity.

Lets put it another way, lets say Obama was a racist.

His idea of “helping” people is so misguided IMO, that IÃ?´d rather be on the side of those he would not piss on were they on fire.
[/quote]

You already are on that side.