Obama IRS Targets Conservative and Jewish Groups

Obama apparently abused the power of the IRS to target poltical enemies (TEA Party groups) and also to attack pro-Israel groups.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/348013/irs-inquisition-update

In short, the administration used arguably the most powerful division of the US Government short of the military for political gain and to further its political purposes.

Wow, I can’t wait to have them in control of health care!

Conservative? – death panel for you! Only members of the party get kidneys!

Corruption on the most base level.

You’re mistaken, Jewbaca. They just aren’t very good a math is all.

To the IRS

???./´¯/)
???..,/¯…/
???./?./
???./´¯/???/´¯¯`·¸
???./?/?/?./??./¨¯
??..(?(?´?´?. ¯~/???)
???????..??../
???.?????. _.·´
???????..(

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:
Obama apparently abused the power of the IRS to target poltical enemies (TEA Party groups) and also to attack pro-Israel groups.

In short, the administration used arguably the most powerful division of the US Government short of the military for political gain and to further its political purposes.

Corruption on the most base level.[/quote]

I’m sorry. I must have missed the part about the Obama administration directly ordering or even encouraging any of this. Oh wait, I forgot. There is no evidence that this happened at all. Simply a case of some mid or low-level employees acting on whose orders, I don’t know, but there is ZERO evidence to tie Obama to any of this. For the record, the head of the IRS when all this went down was a Bush appointee, so I doubt that he would get behind an illegal activity that could get him jailed or at least wreck the ability of the IRS to conduct investigations in the future without the appearance of bias being involved on the orders of a Democrat.

Coop,

Do you REALLY think this came from some low level scrubs at the IRS ?

They went after 298 groups, you think just a few people were involved with that many investigations ?

This was an enemies list, plain and simple.

They stalled the Tea Party from their tax exempt status, to slow down their ability to get out the vote for the 2012 elections. The Waco Tea Party applied for tax exempt status in June 2010, and only NOW got accepted.

Pure coincidence eh ?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

I’m sorry. I must have missed the part about the Obama administration directly ordering or even encouraging any of this. Oh wait, I forgot. There is no evidence that this happened at all. Simply a case of some mid or low-level employees acting on whose orders, I don’t know, but there is ZERO evidence to tie Obama to any of this. For the record, the head of the IRS when all this went down was a Bush appointee, so I doubt that he would get behind an illegal activity that could get him jailed or at least wreck the ability of the IRS to conduct investigations in the future without the appearance of bias being involved on the orders of a Democrat.[/quote]

This scandal is only just getting started so it is too soon to say just how far up the ladder it reaches. But if this is any indication it already goes a lot higher than some low-mid level employees. For there to be at least four offices involved means it was a coordinated attack and that means higher level management.

Internal Revenue Service officials in Washington and at least two other offices were involved in the targeting of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status, making clear the effort reached well beyond the branch in Cincinnati that was initially blamed, according to documents obtained by The Washington Post.

For Pro Israel groups to be targeted suggests Jihadist involvement and the highest ranking Islamist in Washington is Obama.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Coop,

They went after 298 groups, you think just a few people were involved with that many investigations ?

They stalled the Tea Party from their tax exempt status, to slow down their ability to get out the vote for the 2012 elections. The Waco Tea Party applied for tax exempt status in June 2010, and only NOW got accepted.

Pure coincidence eh ?[/quote]

Yes, I do think it was some low-level scrubs at the IRS. Well, at least not people within the upper reaches of the IRS, certainly not at the direct behest of the head of the IRS at the time.

After all, we’re talking about ONE field office in Cincinnati that pulled a grand total of 300 applications out of about 3400, only 75 of which were related to the Tea Party, and none of which were rejected. So, if there was some sort of conspiracy afoot, it clearly didn’t work since none of the groups were barred from enjoying tax-exempt status.

And before you start in with the whole Ohio-swing-state-inappropriate-investigations-out-of-an-Ohio-based-office, the investigations simply happened there because the IRS moved their agents who look into tax-exempt status for such groups to one centralized location to expedite the process.

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

I’m sorry. I must have missed the part about the Obama administration directly ordering or even encouraging any of this. Oh wait, I forgot. There is no evidence that this happened at all. Simply a case of some mid or low-level employees acting on whose orders, I don’t know, but there is ZERO evidence to tie Obama to any of this. For the record, the head of the IRS when all this went down was a Bush appointee, so I doubt that he would get behind an illegal activity that could get him jailed or at least wreck the ability of the IRS to conduct investigations in the future without the appearance of bias being involved on the orders of a Democrat.[/quote]

This scandal is only just getting started so it is too soon to say just how far up the ladder it reaches. But if this is any indication it already goes a lot higher than some low-mid level employees. For there to be at least four offices involved means it was a coordinated attack and that means higher level management.

Internal Revenue Service officials in Washington and at least two other offices were involved in the targeting of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status, making clear the effort reached well beyond the branch in Cincinnati that was initially blamed, according to documents obtained by The Washington Post.

For Pro Israel groups to be targeted suggests Jihadist involvement and the highest ranking Islamist in Washington is Obama.

[/quote]

I don’t trust the liberal media.

It now appears the IRS also disclosed/leaked confidential documents from these conservative groups…

Obama has “joked” about targeting people with IRS Audits For at least 4 years.

Obama set up a national snitch hotline/website to report evil conservative activities.

But the IRS actually targeting conservative groups and leaking confidential documents is all lower level horse play. That’s the only rational conclusion one could possibly draw given Barry’s Chicago-style politics.

How much crap can Barry plausibly deny knowledge of without outright admitting that he is a clueless dolt?
Benghazi -
IRS criminal activity -
Wiretapping the AP -

I’m sure there will be more. One thing is probably for sure, though. Given his not-so-secret proclivity for gay bath houses and middle-aged white guys, I highly doubt there is a semen stained dress in his closet.

Here’s one from the WSJ, if you don’t think buzzfeed is a reliable enough source.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Coop,

The other thing, Max, is that if these groups were using their tax-exempt status to get out the vote and actively participate in candidate’s campaigns then it was a violation of the terms of their tax exemption. Tax-exempt groups cannot primarily or actively engage in political campaigns, nor can they lobby Congress.

So the reality is that if these groups had a discernible impact on the outcome of the election they were more than likely having that impact in violation of the terms of their tax-exempt status to begin with.

I for one am kind of glad that the IRS was doing this. The net effect of this whole controversy could be that the IRS FINALLY looks into how it hands out tax exemptions to super PACs and what the parameters for enjoying tax exemptions are. Those are changes to the way campaigns are run that should be vigorously investigated and undertaken, and perhaps in the long run, or maybe even in the short run, this little scandal will jumpstart that process.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Coop,

The other thing, Max, is that if these groups were using their tax-exempt status to get out the vote and actively participate in candidate’s campaigns then it was a violation of the terms of their tax exemption. Tax-exempt groups cannot primarily or actively engage in political campaigns, nor can they lobby Congress.

So the reality is that if these groups had a discernible impact on the outcome of the election they were more than likely having that impact in violation of the terms of their tax-exempt status to begin with.

I for one am kind of glad that the IRS was doing this. The net effect of this whole controversy could be that the IRS FINALLY looks into how it hands out tax exemptions to super PACs and what the parameters for enjoying tax exemptions are. Those are changes to the way campaigns are run that should be vigorously investigated and undertaken, and perhaps in the long run, or maybe even in the short run, this little scandal will jumpstart that process.[/quote]

If the goal of the IRS was to investigate tax exempt organizations to make sure they were following the rules, they would have looked at BOTH Liberal and Conservative groups.

Your argument sounds like my ex-girlfriend, “what’s yours is mine, what’s mine is mine.”

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Coop,

I for one am kind of glad that the IRS was doing this. The net effect of this whole controversy could be that the IRS FINALLY looks into how it hands out tax exemptions to super PACs and what the parameters for enjoying tax exemptions are. Those are changes to the way campaigns are run that should be vigorously investigated and undertaken, and perhaps in the long run, or maybe even in the short run, this little scandal will jumpstart that process.[/quote]

If the goal of the IRS was to investigate tax exempt organizations to make sure they were following the rules, they would have looked at BOTH Liberal and Conservative groups.

Your argument sounds like my ex-girlfriend, “what’s yours is mine, what’s mine is mine.”[/quote]

I agree. But only one of those two groups continually and publicly rails against taxation in virtually all of its forms. One of those groups is far more likely to circumvent the taxation process as a result. That is simply another angle to this thing that people seem to forget. It’s not necessarily right or just, but perhaps all the anti-tax rhetoric from the Tea Party provoked some extra attention pointed in their direction.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
One of those groups is far more likely to circumvent the taxation process as a result.[/quote]

Really? How about this? It happens on both sides. One just follow the rules more closely than the others, and those are conservatives.

http://www.pappastax.com/index.php/2009/03/a-tax-problem-for-another-obama-cabinet-appointee-wheres-the-outrage/

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Coop,

Your argument sounds like my ex-girlfriend, “what’s yours is mine, what’s mine is mine.”[/quote]

I agree. But only one of those two groups continually and publicly rails against taxation in virtually all of its forms. One of those groups is far more likely to circumvent the taxation process as a result. That is simply another angle to this thing that people seem to forget. It’s not necessarily right or just, but perhaps all the anti-tax rhetoric from the Tea Party provoked some extra attention pointed in their direction.[/quote]

Do you know how many Democrats find ways to avoid taxes ? Especially here in Cali, the Hollywood and Tech industries get tax breaks all the time.