T Nation

Obama Indoctrination at High Schools

Take a look at this:

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2010/01/atlas-exclusive-obama-organizing-for-communism-and-youth-corps-in-the-public-school-1.html

Obama wants our kids to join his cause, and using schools to do it. Watch out for your kids in the schools and keep a lookout for the document circulating asking kids to join the team.

Note the reading sources they recommend.

Is this something we really want to happen, and/or am I just plain crazy paranoid? Obama recently accused the GOP of painting his healthcare takeover as a “Bolshevik Plot”, lecturing the GOP for their “NO” plotics and bipartainship approach. This looks more like that very thing.

Another link on the topic:

http://proteinwisdom.com/?p=16533

You aren’t paranoid. I’m really glad I don’t have kids right now.

I call it, “obamunism” I think I invented it…I haven’t heard it anywhere esle, but feel free to use it…I just invented it in Nasty Pelosi thread.

[quote]pat wrote:
I call it, “obamunism” I think I invented it…I haven’t heard it anywhere esle, but feel free to use it…I just invented it in Nasty Pelosi thread.[/quote]

Nope, I’ve been using Obamunism for months now.

I was using Crusty Pelosi myself.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
You aren’t paranoid. I’m really glad I don’t have kids right now.[/quote]

People that find this disturbing are the ones that should be having kids. Our schools and teachers seem to be taking on more and more of the traditional parent role. They are only sucessful in doing this with kids whose parents are happy to give up parental responsibilities.

I would rather schools focus on English, Math, and Science. It would be nice if we could count on them for honest education in History and Economics, but that’s probably asking too much. The rest should be optional, to be decided by the students and parents.

In a perfect world an educated and motivated parent body would audit texts and lessons, and provide feedback on what their childeren are being taught. My children are still very young, with the oldest just entering K this year, but my sense is that most parents have very little interest in what their children are being taught. Because of this, it’s hard to pretend I am shocked when stories of political activism in schools.

I plan to audit all the of texts my children are taught from. I plan to actively participate in their education. I may even provide feedback to the school. I doubt I will have much company or influence. My poor kids will probably just end up with suplimental schooling from me.

Isn’t this exactly what community organizers are supposed to do?