Obama Can't Run On His Record?

I listen to Hate Radio occasionally (Hannity, Rush, Mark Levine) just to see what they’re saying (hey conservatives, maybe you should try monitoring the other side occasionally). Hannity is dumber than a bag of hammers, but that’s another thread.

Anyway, I’ve been hearing this on the radio a lot: “Obama can’t run on his record!”

Which is weird, because I’m on the Obama mailing list, and they just sent me a poster specifically detailing Obama’s record. A POSTER. Which says to me that his record is going to be a big part of his campaign in November. I don’t know where Hate Radio comes up with these sound bites, but they are way off on this one.

Conservatives like to imagine that everybody hates Obamacare, but the more people know about it, the more they like it. The more the benefits kick in, the more people understand the positive side. Sorta like Medicare and Social Security… people absolutely LOVE those programs. You can expect Obama to run directly against the Ryan budget (the Granny Starver budget). I can guarantee that the Ryan plan is essentially DOA, and nobody mainstream is going to think it’s viable by the end of the year.

Anyway, Obama’s bragging on this, on his promo material. You guys can argue your opinion that these aren’t positive accomplishments, but he is most definitely running on his record. Anybody in the media who claims otherwise is either stupid, or lying.

1/29/09 - Equal Pay for Equal Work (Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act)
3/30/09 - Saving the U.S. Auto Industry
5/22/09 - Credit Card Reform
10/28/09 - Hate Crimes Prevention Act
3/23/10 - Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
3/30/10 - Student Loan Reform
7/21/10 - Wall Street Reform
12/17/10 - Middle Class Tax Cuts
12/22/10 - Repeal of “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell”
7/29/11 - Raising Fuel Efficiency Standards
12/18/11 - Ending the War in Iraq

Hey, he forgot to put “Killing Osama Bin Laden”… maybe he’s saving that for later. :wink:

I hope it’s something like this

[quote]Bambi wrote:
I hope it’s something like this[/quote]

FOX - 'Republican Mitt Romney holds a slim edge over President Obama in a head-to-head matchup, a Fox News poll released Thursday shows. In addition, the poll finds the president’s job rating has dropped to its lowest point of the year.

In a presidential matchup, Romney tops Obama by 46-44 percent if the election were today.’

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
FOX - 'Republican Mitt Romney holds a slim edge over President Obama in a head-to-head matchup, a Fox News poll released Thursday shows. In addition, the poll finds the president’s job rating has dropped to its lowest point of the year.

In a presidential matchup, Romney tops Obama by 46-44 percent if the election were today.’
[/quote]

You forgot the part were it was a FOX News poll.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[/quote]

You forgot the part were it was a FOX News poll.[/quote]

No he didn’t.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[/quote]

You forgot the part were it was a FOX News poll.[/quote]

That’s right, shoot the messenger.

Even MSNBC quoted the FOX News Poll today as being credible. Hey…we have a long way to go I wouldn’t get overly sensitive at this early stage.

[quote]K2000 wrote:

1/29/09 - Equal Pay for Equal Work (Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act)[/quote]
Good for show not much else.

Think back now…who began this? The evil George Bush! And quite honestly GM should have gone bankrupt.

And what does that really mean? Those that issue credit cards have to send 14 more pages of information in the form of warnings and disclosures. Yawn–who cares?

[quote]
10/28/09 - Hate Crimes Prevention Act[/quote]

“Hate crimes” They’ve always been a joke. Leave it to the liberals…Ever hear of a “love crime” Here’s a clue they’re all hate crimes.

[quote]
3/23/10 - Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)[/quote]
The biggest government grab for power in the history of the country. There is so much wrong with this from the cost (which Obama lied about) to the meddling government bureaucrats that it’s THE most horrible piece of legislation ever passed. And it is against the will of 67% of the American public. Fortunately the Supreme Court will most likely find it unconstitutional.

Just what we need more leniency for dead beat 20 somethings.

LOL…do I really have to say anything about this piece of crap?

Yes, Obama extended the Bush tax cuts. So what? He agreed with Bush good for him. But that all goes away in january if the lefty is reelected. And along with it will go our recovery which is weak at best.

Against the wishes of Generals and those who actually understood the long term negative ramifications of this politically correct move. Another ZERO for Obama.

Nice thought but this has the ultimate effect of raising car prices. It always has and it always will.

I actually like this one. But I think it was premature and I’d like another full year to see if it works.

This was the best thing that Obama has done as President. Good for him! But as long as we are on foreign policy he has bowed to our enemies and alienated our friends such as Israel.

I said that when Obama took office he had the potential to be one of the worst Presidents that has ever held the office in modern day. While I don’t think he has passed LBJ for being the worst, he has certainly passed Jimmy Carter for the number two position. If Obama and his team of promotional wizards can actually fool the American people into giving him a second term I’ll go out on a limb and say that he will pass LBJ as being the worst President in mondern times.

And no he cannot run on this pathetic record!

[[quote]

“Hate crimes” They’ve always been a joke. Leave it to the liberals…Ever hear of a “love crime” Here’s a clue they’re all hate crimes.

Never heard of a crime of passion? :slight_smile:

[quote]Bambi wrote:
[[quote]

Never heard of a crime of passion? :)[/quote]

I LOL’d.

Aside from that, this thread is based on a silly premise. Of course he CAN run on his record, it’s just a question of how effective that will be.

I expect Obama to run on his record.

I expect it will be a VERY close race.

I’m also guessing a much lower turnout than last time around as both “bases” aren’t “feeling it” … 'course that could change.

“Not Bad” is hilarious.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:

I’m also guessing a much lower turnout than last time around as both “bases” aren’t “feeling it” … 'course that could change.

“Not Bad” is hilarious. [/quote]

Lower turnout for Obama as class warfare does not sell quite as well as “hope and change.” Higher turnout for the GOP because McCain is not Romney (thankfully). And GOP voters know that this is one that can actually be won. And Obama will not run on his record as no President has ever been reelected with over 8% unemployment. He will try to make this be about Romney–Will it work? Who knows?

But I agree it will be close.

He saved the auto industry? He should’ve let the car companies go bankrupt. He should’ve let the banks go under, too. You don’t fix a recession with more government. You fix it by letting the market work like it’s supposed to.

CS

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
He saved the auto industry? He should’ve let the car companies go bankrupt. He should’ve let the banks go under, too. You don’t fix a recession with more government. You fix it by letting the market work like it’s supposed to.

CS[/quote]

You are spot on my friend!

You are a young but wise man.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

CS[/quote]

You are spot on my friend!

You are a young but wise man.[/quote]

Lets be logical here, no president would allow this it would look A BILLION TIMES WORSE for him if this happened.

Sure in the LONG TERM would have been better but presidents are only in office for a max of 8 years thats not exactly long term.

And I would bet my life that NO president Republican/Democrat would have let them fail.

K2000: Who loves social security and medicare? The people who suck the tit. Not the people who fund it.

Those programs blow donkey balls and Obamacare is a colossal aberration from common sense. It doesn’t matter if people like it. “Health care for everyone” has a catchy tone and it sounds cool to people who don’t understand the real issue at hand … which is an expanding government. The government has no right to force anyone into a market. Likewise, the government has no obligation to pay your ER bill because you were uninsured.

Hannity is dumber than a bag of hammers; on this we agree.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Lower turnout for Obama as class warfare does not sell quite as well as “hope and change.” Higher turnout for the GOP because McCain is not Romney (thankfully). And GOP voters know that this is one that can actually be won. And Obama will not run on his record as no President has ever been reelected with over 8% unemployment. He will try to make this be about Romney–Will it work? Who knows?

But I agree it will be close.[/quote]

You might be right. The tea party might actually be huge in this election, I think. They aren’t about Romney, but they’ll get people to the polls and those people will vote for Romney. I’m not so sure if Romney is not “McCain.” He certainly is to a lot of conservatives. That said, unless the tea party decides to put up a candidate (protest?), they will vote for Romney.

Is that true about no president? Where was FDR? Seems he’s the only one who faced “comparable” issues coming into office.

I agree that it will be extremely close.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

But I agree it will be close.[/quote]

You might be right. The tea party might actually be huge in this election, I think. They aren’t about Romney, but they’ll get people to the polls and those people will vote for Romney. I’m not so sure if Romney is not “McCain.” He certainly is to a lot of conservatives. That said, unless the tea party decides to put up a candidate (protest?), they will vote for Romney.

Is that true about no president? Where was FDR? Seems he’s the only one who faced “comparable” issues coming into office.

I agree that it will be extremely close. [/quote]

You make all relevant points. Politically McCain and Romney are both centrists, with Romney a tad more conservative to be sure. But when the average voter looks at Romney they don’t think McCain. That’s what I meant by Romney is not McCain. I heard Romney give a speech the other night and it was off the cuff, no teleprompters or script and he was really outstanding. He kept my attention and more importantly he looked Presidential doing it. That’s something that candidates like John McCain (who is a decent man) didn’t have. My point is when both Obama and Romney are standing at their respective podiums each is able to bring his own brand of charisma to the table. Now I know those who hate one or the other don’t see this. But those people have already made up their minds. The vast majority who will be deciding late (as usual) will be convinced by one or the other’s presentation skills and how they look doing it.

And you are correct regarding FDR. The unemployment rate when he won reelection in 1936 was 16.9% and 14.6% when he won his third term in 1940. With that said from that point on no President has ever won reelection with unemployment past 8%. I should have qualified my previous statement by saying “during the modern era,” or “post FDR.” My mistake.