Obama Birth Certificate Controversy

[quote]tedro wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
This is a non-story. Why doesn’t Sarah Palin produce her medical records to quiet rumors that her pregnancy with Trig was faked? Both these ‘stories’ are on about the same footing.

How many babies does the constitution require you to have before you are eligible to be VP?[/quote]

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Supreme Court won’t hear the case. Decided today.[/quote]

Not at all surprising. It was probably dismissed without comment, but I’d guess it was due to lack of standing. Donofrio and Berg will not be able to overcome this issue.

The Keyes case in California is the one to watch. I read this afternoon that to get on the ballot the state simply requires a sworn affidavit that the nominee meets all criteria, no proof of eligibility is actually needed. I guess California just assumes if one is ineligible somebody else will do the work to show it. It seems that there may be a lot of that going on.

The SC will discuss another case Friday. Cort Wrotnowski v. Susan Bysiewicz, Connecticut secretary of state. These things just won’t go away. Really, why doesn’t he just show the original and we can all be done with this. How much time and money is this wasting?

Will he beat around the bush like this in the oval office? Or should we get used to more stubornness and wasteful spending?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
I still can’t believe people can’t accept he one and now their clutching at straws.

Look, him and McCain stole the Hope diamond. Get over it.[/quote]

This was going on long before Obama won. Obama himself is the one who is responsible for this issue not going away, because he refuses to prove his elligibility.

Obama produced a document that he claimed is his original copy birth certificate. If it really is an original copy Obama should have no problem with allowing the people to see the one the state of Hawai’i has on file to compare it to, so we can verify for ourselves.

[quote]tme wrote:

But that doesn’t matter. The faux controversy isn’t going to go away soon. Yes, Obama was born in Hawaii, and yes, he is eligible to be president.

But according to several experts in conspiracy theories, and in the psychology of people who believe in conspiracy theories, there’s little chance those people who think Obama is barred from the presidency will ever be convinced otherwise.

“There’s no amount of evidence or data that will change somebody’s mind,” says Michael Shermer, who is the publisher of Skeptic magazine and a columnist for Scientific American, and who holds an undergraduate and a master’s degree in psychology.

“The more data you present a person, the more they doubt it … Once you’re committed, especially behaviorally committed or financially committed, the more impossible it becomes to change your mind.”

Because they’re fucking retards.

Is FactCheck part of the conspiracy too?

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

[/quote]

Factcheck is part of the Annenburg project. Obama was on the board of directors of the Annenburg project. Because of this close association to Obama it is a conflict of interest.

If Obama has nothing to hide he should provide an original copy to an independent third party and get it over with.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
This is a non-story. Why doesn’t Sarah Palin produce her medical records to quiet rumors that her pregnancy with Trig was faked? Both these ‘stories’ are on about the same footing.[/quote]

You are wrong. The constitution says you have to be a natural born citizen to be president. The constitution makes no mention of having babies affecting elligibility.

[quote]tedro wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
Supreme Court won’t hear the case. Decided today.

Not at all surprising. It was probably dismissed without comment, but I’d guess it was due to lack of standing. Donofrio and Berg will not be able to overcome this issue.

The Keyes case in California is the one to watch. I read this afternoon that to get on the ballot the state simply requires a sworn affidavit that the nominee meets all criteria, no proof of eligibility is actually needed. I guess California just assumes if one is ineligible somebody else will do the work to show it. It seems that there may be a lot of that going on.[/quote]

Andy Martin at www.contrariancommentary.com gave an analysis of why Berg’s case would not succeed before his case went to the USSC. Berg has done a lot of things wrong. One of them is pursuing the case at the federal level. In the Hawai’i court system where Martin is pursuing his case the laws are much more in his favor.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Makavali wrote:
I still can’t believe people can’t accept he one and now their clutching at straws.

Look, him and McCain stole the Hope diamond. Get over it.

This was going on long before Obama won. Obama himself is the one who is responsible for this issue not going away, because he refuses to prove his elligibility.

Obama produced a document that he claimed is his original copy birth certificate. If it really is an original copy Obama should have no problem with allowing the people to see the one the state of Hawai’i has on file to compare it to, so we can verify for ourselves. [/quote]

I find it hard to believe he just slipped in there. I also think that if he did lie his way in, the proof he shows average Joe (i.e. you) is probably going to look pretty convincing.

These sort of “politics of exclusion” are a huge problem in some 3rd world countries. In some ss-african countries, they even maintain that parents must be born citizens (hard to do when your country wasn’t even a country when the parents were born…but you know). Luckily, here in America, these sort of politics are left to the political fringes.

Extremists on this board will continue to argue this point despite overwhelming evidence and common sense…And this is as it should be. Extremists should look extreme. It’s also quite entertaining to read!

PS Did you know Obama is a secret Muslim Indonesian?
PPS xenophobia!!!11! Obama is a foreigner!11!!!

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
These sort of “politics of exclusion” are a huge problem in some 3rd world countries. In some ss-african countries, they even maintain that parents must be born citizens (hard to do when your country wasn’t even a country when the parents were born…but you know). Luckily, here in America, these sort of politics are left to the political fringes. Extremists on this board will continue to argue this point despite overwhelming evidence and common sense…And this is as it should be. Extremists should look extreme. It’s also quite entertaining to read!

PS Did you know Obama is a secret Muslim Indonesian?
PPS xenophobia!!!11! Obama is a foreigner!11!!![/quote]

Where is this overwhelming evidence? Why haven’t we seen it?

[quote]Sifu wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
This is a non-story. Why doesn’t Sarah Palin produce her medical records to quiet rumors that her pregnancy with Trig was faked? Both these ‘stories’ are on about the same footing.

You are wrong. The constitution says you have to be a natural born citizen to be president. The constitution makes no mention of having babies affecting elligibility. [/quote]

I am well aware of that. And that was not my point. My point was that they both SHOULD have been forthcoming and made these records transparent and neither have a good reason for not doing so. At the same time, there is really no merit to either story. There would be concrete, demonstrable evidence.

[quote]tedro wrote:
jsbrook wrote:

How many babies does the constitution require you to have before you are eligible to be VP?[/quote]

If we’re talking kiddies, how about Obama’s mommy being single and preggers at 17, with Barack senior marrying her on the way to the delivery room?

[quote]Sifu wrote:
If Obama has nothing to hide he should provide an original copy to an independent third party and get it over with. [/quote]

Any third party that confirms the authenticity of the Hawaiian birth certificate will be dismissed as partisan or has having conflicts of interests.

The only acceptable “truth” the wingnuts will accept is that the certificate is forged and a fraud. They’re not interested in the actual truth, only in confirming what they already know (or think they know) to be true.

Hawaii state officials have confirmed the authenticity of the birth certificate and that Obama was born there in 1961. It is done and over with.

Maybe the loons should take the pragmatic approach: If both the Clinton campaign and the McCain campaign were both unable to get any traction on this issue (because, quite simply, there never was any issue to begin with), what chance do they have?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
tedro wrote:
jsbrook wrote:

How many babies does the constitution require you to have before you are eligible to be VP?

If we’re talking kiddies, how about Obama’s mommy being single and preggers at 17, with Barack senior marrying her on the way to the delivery room?

[/quote]

Wait, so now Obama is white trash?

"Illinois Governor Is Arrested on Corruption Charges (Update1)
By Thom Weidlich

Dec. 9 (Bloomberg) – Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich was arrested with his chief of staff on charges they tried to sell President-Elect Barack Obama?s vacated Senate seat, according to a statement by Chicago U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald.

Blagojevich, 51, and John Harris, 46, the chief of staff, are scheduled to appear later today in federal court in Chicago, according to the statement.

They and others also threatened to withhold state assistance to Tribune Co. in connection with the company?s sale of the Wrigley?s Field ballpark and to get fired members of the Chicago Tribune editorial board who were critical of the governor, among other accusations, according to the statement."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=akI3Mk_JuwxE&refer=home

Does anyone really think Obama is clean anymore? They’re all criminals.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Sifu wrote:
If Obama has nothing to hide he should provide an original copy to an independent third party and get it over with.

Any third party that confirms the authenticity of the Hawaiian birth certificate will be dismissed as partisan or has having conflicts of interests.

The only acceptable “truth” the wingnuts will accept is that the certificate is forged and a fraud. They’re not interested in the actual truth, only in confirming what they already know (or think they know) to be true.

Hawaii state officials have confirmed the authenticity of the birth certificate and that Obama was born there in 1961. It is done and over with.

Maybe the loons should take the pragmatic approach: If both the Clinton campaign and the McCain campaign were both unable to get any traction on this issue (because, quite simply, there never was any issue to begin with), what chance do they have?
[/quote]

Where’s the State of Hawaii seal? T’ain’t valid without the stamp.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

This is just dumb.

[quote]ninearms wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

I’m calling Photoshop.

Just kidding…

[quote]ninearms wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

WTF is that a picture of? Look, you can’t post pics of paper you’re going to use to ‘burn one down’ and somehow its his birth certificate.