Obama Band Wagon...

Obama announces presidental bid.

Why is everyone so excited about Obama? He has absolutely no experience to become president. He has only 2 years in the senate and no foriegn policy experience. He is the most inexperienced candidate ever to run for Democratic nomination.

On a side note, I think Hilary will destroy him leading up to the elections. Though Hilary’s main fear is not Edwards or Obama, I believe its Al Gore.

He has the money, he hasn’t said anything stupid in the media lately. His movie on Global warming was very popular with a more increasingly green conscious population. And guess what? He could beat her hands down on foreign policy.

Everyone is excited by Obama because he is articulate and charasmatic and seems to offer a vision of a better America. That’s not an insignificant thing. Ronald Reagan had the same qualities; so did Jack Kennedy.

I’m not saying it’s enough by itself ? and I’m far from sold on Obama ? but that intangible quality of inspiration is a key quality in a leader, whether it’s in the private sector, in sports or in politics. It balances a lot of other deficiencies, including lack of experience.

[quote]Burnham wrote:
Everyone is excited by Obama because he is articulate and charasmatic and seems to offer a vision of a better America. That’s not an insignificant thing. Ronald Reagan had the same qualities; so did Jack Kennedy.

I’m not saying it’s enough by itself ? and I’m far from sold on Obama ? but that intangible quality of inspiration is a key quality in a leader, whether it’s in the private sector, in sports or in politics. It balances a lot of other deficiencies, including lack of experience.[/quote]

You’ve done it now: calling a black man ‘articulate’ is the mark of a racist around here. If still posting, Prof X, Harris, AlDurr will be on you like chickens on corn.

Wait!! Is that last stuff racist too? Or does it offend the chickens? Damn, I can’t keep this PC crap straight!!

Thanks for the warning. All I meant by saying Obama is articulate is that he’s… well, articulate.

[quote]Burnham wrote:
Thanks for the warning. All I meant by saying Obama is articulate is that he’s… well, articulate. [/quote]

Hell hath no fury like a black man complimented.

[quote]pookie wrote:
Burnham wrote:
Thanks for the warning. All I meant by saying Obama is articulate is that he’s… well, articulate.

Hell hath no fury like a black man complimented.[/quote]

Okay, so not to start this argument again but being articulate is not a compliment, per se. Articulation denotes the ability to communicate which I would reserve for someone who had previously been thought of as inarticulate. Articulation is of no particular distinction–that is, it isn’t very exceptional.

Okay, so not to start this argument again but being articulate is not a compliment, per se. Articulation denotes the ability to communicate which I would reserve for someone who had previously been thought of as inarticulate. Articulation is of no particular distinction–that is, it isn’t very exceptional.

I thought this one would sneak thru though because it was a very innocuous statement.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Okay, so not to start this argument again but being articulate is not a compliment, per se. Articulation denotes the ability to communicate which I would reserve for someone who had previously been thought of as inarticulate. Articulation is of no particular distinction–that is, it isn’t very exceptional.[/quote]

That’s one definition. The word has more than one, and in common usage, articulate is often used as a compliment. There’s already a much too long thread about the whole issue.

I love the guy. He’s charismatic as hell (a rarity in politics) and he’s not Hillary Clinton.

Not too mention he’s smart…far more so than George II. Not that matters in a presidential election, but I mean, maybe some folks still care.

Doesn’t everyone have sort of a “honeymoon” period in this political process?

Then the gloves come off, the operatives begin publishing all the dirt they’ve compiled (we all most likely have SOME little “something in the closet”) INCLUDING Obama…

Then the shine on the Star begins to fade…

It’s a BRUTAL process, not for the faint of heart…

News at 11…

Mufasa

One other thing…

Let’s get real, guys…

1. I think every Democrat will be CRUSHED in the Primaries by the “Clinton Machine”, and dismissed one by one like flicking fur balls off a shirt.

2. What can ANYBODY (Democratic OR Republican) bring up as a “smoking gun” now to hurt Hillary?

It seems like the whole arsenal has been depleted over 16 plus years of attempting to destroy her husband.

Mufasa

EXCEPT for Carl Rove…

He could probably bring up dirt on Mother Teresa, bless his soul…

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
EXCEPT for Carl Rove…

He could probably bring up dirt on Mother Teresa, bless his soul…[/quote]

That’s not really that hard. There’s about 6’ of it on her.

I hardly ever venture into this corner of the nation and what do I get… a wet keyboard.

Thanks Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
EXCEPT for Carl Rove…

He could probably bring up dirt on Mother Teresa, bless his soul…

Mufasa[/quote]

C’mon, Pook!

Now that was bad!

Mufasa

Seriously, guys…

Our Political process is DAMN BRUTAL!

You need:

1. Balls (Hillary has those; no Jokes, Pook!)

2. Money

3. A TOUGH hide.

4. Money

5. Political Savvy

6. Money

7. a “Machine” backing you.

8. Money.

(Ummmm…sound like the Clinton’s?)

Good looks, smoothness and Promise won’t “gider-done”, guys.

By the way. Look at Romney. He is just in the EXPLORATORY stage and is already getting brutalized…

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
C’mon, Pook!

Now that was bad![/quote]

Corpse jokes are often stinkers.

Ok, ok, I’m just digging myself in deeper, so I’ll stop now.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Burnham wrote:

I’m not saying it’s enough by itself ? and I’m far from sold on Obama ? but that intangible quality of inspiration is a key quality in a leader, whether it’s in the private sector, in sports or in politics. It balances a lot of other deficiencies, including lack of experience.

You’ve done it now: calling a black man ‘articulate’ is the mark of a racist around here. If still posting, Prof X, Harris, AlDurr will be on you like chickens on corn.

Wait!! Is that last stuff racist too? Or does it offend the chickens? Damn, I can’t keep this PC crap straight!!

[/quote]

No nutboy, just you would be attacked for it. Unlike you, Burnham is actually sincere.

[quote]Burnham wrote:
Thanks for the warning. All I meant by saying Obama is articulate is that he’s… well, articulate. [/quote]

Please don’t take HH warning seriously. He is known for his psychosis and his great inability to distinguish fantasy from reality (Check any of his posts to see examples). He is just mad that he got called on his BS, which he spews on here on a regular basis. Old age, senility, insanity and heavy medication will do that to you. No one here took offense with what you said.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Doesn’t everyone have sort of a “honeymoon” period in this political process?

Then the gloves come off, the operatives begin publishing all the dirt they’ve compiled (we all most likely have SOME little “something in the closet”) INCLUDING Obama…

Then the shine on the Star begins to fade…

It’s a BRUTAL process, not for the faint of heart…

News at 11…

Mufasa[/quote]

Agreed, especially given the relative ease of his campaign for his current position.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

1. What can ANYBODY (Democratic OR Republican) bring up as a “smoking gun” now to hurt Hillary?

It seems like the whole arsenal has been depleted over 16 plus years of attempting to destroy her husband.

Mufasa
[/quote]

Did I miss the part in the rulebook where it says the dirt has to be fresh?

Hell, the rehearing on Roe v. Wade was denied before a good chunk of the constituency was born and it’s still a good skewering barb for both parties.