T Nation

Obama, Ayers: Ties Run Deep

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/07/obama.ayers/index.html

"But the relationship between Obama and Ayers went deeper, ran longer and was more political than Obama – and his surrogates – have revealed, documents and interviews show.

The Annenberg Foundation gave the project a $50 million grant to match local private funds to improve schools, and Ayers fought to bring the grant to Chicago, according to participants and project records.

The project’s organizing committee asked Obama to serve as the board chairman in 1995. Annenberg Project Executive Director Ken Rollings said Ayers was not a member of that ad hoc group when the decision was made.

For seven years, Ayers and Obama – among many others – worked on funding for education projects, including some projects advocated by Ayers.

“The specific job of the board of directors was to give out the money,” said Stanley Kurtz, a conservative researcher for the Ethics and Public Policy Center and frequent Obama critic.

“Instead of giving money directly to schools, they gave money to what they call external partners and these partners were often pretty radical community organizer groups,” said Kurtz, who also has been reviewing the Annenberg Challenge’s recently released records."

Maybe they’re really the same person, too! ;>

Maybe I should have entitled this thread ‘Voting for the Devil’. This guy makes McCain look like a prince.

"Ayers has strong defenders in Chicago – including Mayor Richard Daley, who called him “a valued member of the Chicago community.”

The city gave Ayers its Citizen of the Year award in 1997 for his work on the Annenberg project.

For Obama, the chairmanship of the $100 million Annenberg board helped vault him from a South Side lawyer to political player. And there, too, is an Ayers connection.

In 1995, months after the little-known Obama became Annenberg chairman, state Sen. Alice Palmer introduced the young lawyer as her political heir apparent. The introduction was made over coffee at the home of Ayers and Dohrn. Two people who attended the event told CNN the introduction of Obama included a solicitation for campaign funds.

Obama senior aide Dunn said it was just a coincidence the event occurred at the home of the two former Weather Underground members."

Satan…

Why is Ayers a bad person?

Not to worry…

McCain and Sister Sarah are driving the connection home loud and clear while on the stump.

(Now…if those damn “Liberal Media” types would get on board, right?)

Mufasa

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Why is Ayers a bad person?[/quote]

abti -war activist in the 60s-70s turned professor.basicly .
I dont know much about this guy I am reading up now I only heard bits and peices up untill today about who he was.
I guess he is connected to riots and demonstrations in the past.

I say so what is he is connected.
this is not the 60s and the weather underground does not exist anymore.
what I see of the guy so far,and I may be wrong
but this man has proven to be one tha tstood up forwhat he beleived in.
spent jail time for sit-ins. 10 days it looks like.

“How will you live your life so that it doesn’t make a mockery of your values?” Ayers later wrote in his memoir, Fugitive Days, that his reaction was: “You could not be a moral person with the means to act, and stand still. […] To stand still was to choose indifference. Indifference was the opposite of moral”

and also looks like his big thing is education

hes spent the last 30 some-odd years teaching and working on education reform.

people,really see an association with this man as being a bad thing?
I think its about time tha twe have more people around that will stand up for what they beleive in no mater what.even if people dont agree with them.

I was shocked as hell to see that CNN put this together. Good for them.

Kurtz is the guy the Obama campaign is trying to silence.

Source:

Yeah, he seems pretty cool. Also, this just in, McCain used good friends with a member of a small group of highly-motivated anti-war activists. Mohammed Atta was a productive member of society until his unfortunate death in 2001.

These bombings actually happened? I never knew about them. Violence is not cool but still what does BHO have to do with something that happened over 30 years ago other than he took money from someone that committed a crime that he has nothing to with?

It is a bad idea to judge someone by their associations. Ideas and actions are all that matter in the grander scheme of things.

Yes a real stand up guy if you support terrorism.

Here’s an interesting quote from Mr. Ayers upon hearing he wasn’t going to be to prosecuted for his bombing spree:

“Guilty as hell, free as a bird-America is a great country”.

Sol Stern, also from the city journal referenced above, quipped that "Calling Bill Ayers a school reformer is a bit like calling Joseph Stalin an agricultural reformer. (as the NYT’s did in the 1930’s).

It’s relationships like this that cast doubt about Obama and the fact that the media reinforces this by ignoring it only compouds the problem.

[quote]hedo wrote:

[/quote]
Why the use of the word terrorism? This is a nonsense word that is just used to incite emotive responses from gullible people.

Violence is a crime. Calling it something else does not change its essence.

The ironic thing is that you have a picture of a weapon that is in fact very terrifying to most people. If warmongering isn’t terrorism then nothing is.

alot of americans,and I also point to people on this board.
alot of people speak without acting,the what I would do type thing.

also alot of people blindly follow the actions or orders of someone else,with little free thinking of their own,however the ysay they are free thinkers,because america is free.
as long as you think like everyone else and become the “majoriaty”

point in fact,people are sheep and they are pussies.
the yworry about what everyone thinks of them and dont care about what they think of themselves,hey if everyone else likes you then whast the point to self respect I mean you like what they like so you will like yourself as well.

I see a man,went about the message the wrong way,but a man like alot of men in the 60s and 70s that went against the grain.
a man that not only speaks out against what he thinks is wrong but acts on it no mater what anyone else thinks or says.

criminal,sure he is,but he has also done alot of good with education he wasnt killing and hurting people for the sake of doing it.

IMO more people need to shut the hell up and act.

but enough about that
what does obama have to do with this.
he was a child when this guy was doing what he did.

Obamas association with him has nothing to do with what happened 40 years ago.

hedo wrote:

Why the use of the word terrorism? This is a nonsense word that is just used to incite emotive responses from gullible people.

Violence is a crime. Calling it something else does not change its essence.

The ironic thing is that you have a picture of a weapon that is in fact very terrifying to most people. If warmongering isn’t terrorism then nothing is.[/quote]

I’m sorry you are gullible. Nothing I can do about that.

Using violence to create terror and influence others is terrorism. I’m sure even a psuedo-intellectual can see that.
Hell the guy who wrote the story understood it when he was 9.

War is sometimes necessary. That’s reality not theory. You also referred to my tank photo as a phallic symbol once so you seemed to have come along way since then…or maybe not. Forgive me for not taking such opinions seriously.

[quote]Nich wrote:
alot of americans,and I also point to people on this board.
alot of people speak without acting,the what I would do type thing.

also alot of people blindly follow the actions or orders of someone else,with little free thinking of their own,however the ysay they are free thinkers,because america is free.
as long as you think like everyone else and become the “majoriaty”

point in fact,people are sheep and they are pussies.
the yworry about what everyone thinks of them and dont care about what they think of themselves,hey if everyone else likes you then whast the point to self respect I mean you like what they like so you will like yourself as well.

I see a man,went about the message the wrong way,but a man like alot of men in the 60s and 70s that went against the grain.
a man that not only speaks out against what he thinks is wrong but acts on it no mater what anyone else thinks or says.

criminal,sure he is,but he has also done alot of good with education he wasnt killing and hurting people for the sake of doing it.

IMO more people need to shut the hell up and act.

but enough about that
what does obama have to do with this.
he was a child when this guy was doing what he did.

Obamas association with him has nothing to do with what happened 40 years ago.
[/quote]

I have yet to be able to read through one of your posts without getting a headache.

How fucking lazy does one have to be to think it is too much work to hit the fucking SHIFT key, or punctuate?

[quote]rainjack wrote:

I have yet to be able to read through one of your posts without getting a headache.

How fucking lazy does one have to be to think it is too much work to hit the fucking SHIFT key, or punctuate?

[/quote]

Perhaps he thinks he’s writing poetry?

[quote]hedo wrote:
War is sometimes necessary.
[/quote]

Defense against aggression is necessary. What America does in the name of defense is terrorism as the term is used by most people.

hedo wrote:
War is sometimes necessary.

Defense against aggression is necessary. What America does in the name of defense is terrorism as the term is used by most people.[/quote]

As used by you and Lixy maybe. Most others understand the difference.

Why is Ayers a bad person?[/quote]

Oh I don’t know, does being a cold blooded murderer make one bad? Because he is one.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Most others understand the difference.
[/quote]

Ha! Not according the bullshit I keep reading from you and other like minded individuals.

hedo wrote:

Ha! Not according the bullshit I keep reading from you and other like minded individuals.[/quote]

Wait you mean the “they hate our freedoms” crowd?

God forbid you bring up the “they attacked us because of our meddling in the middle east” topic. You’ll most likely hear back “you hate America” or “you sympathize with terrorists” or “So you’re saying we are responsible for 9/11?”

That last one is Giulliani’s favorite card to play.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
hedo wrote:

Ha! Not according the bullshit I keep reading from you and other like minded individuals.

Wait you mean the “they hate our freedoms” crowd?

God forbid you bring up the “they attacked us because of our meddling in the middle east” topic. You’ll most likely hear back “you hate America” or “you sympathize with terrorists” or “So you’re saying we are responsible for 9/11?”

That last one is Giulliani’s favorite card to play.[/quote]

you guys are funny. arguing over why islamic extremists hate us. It has little to do with us other than we are the most convient target for creating propaganda and hate for the sole purpose of recruitment. Islamic extremist have been waging their own little wars since the inception of the religion. ok not since inception but shortly their after.

Since we are unlikely to see a Kalifate (sp?) rule the world, I would say that they are going to continue to wage war with someone. So in other words, it’s not personal, they just need someone to fight with. They wouldn’t know what to do if they weren’t at war with someone. They would find themselves with few recruits and their numbers would dwindle as more joined the ranks of moderate muslims. Please don’t ask me what a moderate muslim is, I just had to come up with something there. You get the point.