Obama and LBJ?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I think true health care reform would have to include socialized medicine . the for profit cpmpanies are going to push health care out of the reach of the average person .[/quote]

Really?

Losing your customers must be an awesome way to make money then.

[/quote]

Yeah you just charge the next customer for the customer that did not pay, I am not saying it is sustainable , I think that is my point

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I think true health care reform would have to include socialized medicine . the for profit cpmpanies are going to push health care out of the reach of the average person .[/quote]

Really?

Losing your customers must be an awesome way to make money then.

[/quote]

Yeah you just charge the next customer for the customer that did not pay, I am not saying it is sustainable , I think that is my point[/quote]

Nice business model.

People vote in the moment. They are very very shortsighted. If the day be fore the election is a good day in America obama can win. The American people forget far too easily.

I don’t think there is a candidate right now with enough backing to beat him in an election anyway. That may change in the future but I don’t see a very strong candidate to oppose him at the moment.

Not only will Obama run again I will give him at least a 50/50 chance of winning. If the republicans put up another old white haird guy (Haley Barbour anyone?) they will go down faster than the Titanic.

Here’s a short list of candidates who will not beat Obama:

-Huckabee
-Barbour
-Ron (LOL) Paul
-Palin
-Gingrich
-Giuliani
-Anyone the mainstream liberal media has already beat the shit out of. There’s no mainstream liberal media. Well then tell me how many democrats are walking around with the medias foot prints on their face. Go ahead.

We need a fresh faced Governor who is able to communicate and turn a few heads. Do we have that man? If not Obama gets another 4 years. Keep this post and remind me later someone, that’s how sure I am!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Obama will run again in 2012 if he’s told to run.

Why do you guys think he plays so much golf, shoots hoop, and pals around with celebrities?
There’s nothing for him to do. He is no more in charge of anything than are any of us. He’s a figurehead puppet.[/quote]

Amen! He was being cherry picked for the top slot as far back as one of his senate runs. He got the nod because Hillary wouldn’t kowtow to all the things the “real” government wanted done. She has backbone, he has none.

BG

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Two things, Max:

1. LBJ was FAR from being a humble man. His ego was as big as they come.

2. NO ones premiums have ever come down…ever. They may have less-expensive insurance by changing a company and/or plan…but any plan, over time, does not, and has not, seen a decrease in premiums.

Your premiums most likely would have gone up independent of the President.

True, LBJ had a huge ego and his goal in life was to be a US President. JFK would have never been elected without him as a running mate. LBJ pulled a lot of southern states (fairly or not…) that swung the election. LBJ also had a lot of pull for the things that went on in Dallas Texas on 11/22/1963. JFK and LBJ basically hated each others guts.

BG

Mufasa[/quote]

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Not only will Obama run again I will give him at least a 50/50 chance of winning. If the republicans put up another old white haird guy (Haley Barbour anyone?) they will go down faster than the Titanic.

-Huckabee
-Barbour
-Ron (LOL) Paul
-Palin
-Gingrich
-Giuliani
-Anyone the mainstream liberal media has already beat the shit out of. There’s no mainstream liberal media. Well then tell me how many democrats are walking around with the medias foot prints on their face. Go ahead.

We need a fresh faced Governor who is able to communicate and turn a few heads. Do we have that man? If not Obama gets another 4 years. Keep this post and remind me later someone, that’s how sure I am![/quote]

The GOP’s best bet would be Romney at this point. I liked him last round, but that lunatic McCain got the nod. WTF were they thinking?

BG

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

-Huckabee
-Barbour
-Ron (LOL) Paul
-Palin
-Gingrich
-Giuliani

We need a fresh faced Governor who is able to communicate and turn a few heads. Do we have that man? If not Obama gets another 4 years. Keep this post and remind me later someone, that’s how sure I am![/quote]

The GOP’s best bet would be Romney at this point. I liked him last round, but that lunatic McCain got the nod. WTF were they thinking?

BG[/quote]

You like Mr. Socialized medicine Romney?

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
LBJ? = Long blow jobs? I don’t get it…[/quote]

Nah man, I don’t get those either :frowning:

[quote]kamui wrote:

yes
the key is the last coincidence. the one you didn’t listed :

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was in Marilyn Monroe.

the con-spiracy is now unveiled.[/quote]

Damn you I just snorted chicken over the screen I was laughing so hard

[quote]ZEB wrote:

-Huckabee
-Barbour
-Ron (LOL) Paul
-Palin
-Gingrich
-Giuliani

BG[/quote]

The GOP suffers from too much loyalty at times. People were asking the same thing when in 1996 They favored Bob Dole for the nomination. The second happiest man on the planet was Bill Clinton who knew from that point forward he was going to be a two term President (especially with Ross Perot in the mix).

Anyway, if the republicans stay smart they’ll choose a young up and coming governor who is capable of matching Obama in the charisma department. Romney and the others can stand in line for the VP position.

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

-Huckabee
-Barbour
-Ron (LOL) Paul
-Palin
-Gingrich
-Giuliani

BG[/quote]

You like Mr. Socialized medicine Romney?[/quote]

Wasn’t it you who said if there were Ron Paul you’d back Romney? Yeah, I could have sworn you said that on another thread.

I read the book on LBJ a long time ago.

I’ve since forgotten most of it but I do remember one anecdote…

It was about a small college (or high school) chess team. LBJ was a fringe member. In fact, I’m not sure if he even played chess. So members were surprised when he became chess club president. A few years and a few recounted votes later and “Who in hell would rig and election to become chess club president?!”.

I thought that described the man pretty well.

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:
I read the book on LBJ a long time ago.

I’ve since forgotten most of it but I do remember one anecdote…

It was about a small college (or high school) chess team. LBJ was a fringe member. In fact, I’m not sure if he even played chess. So members were surprised when he became chess club president. A few years and a few recounted votes later and “Who in hell would rig and election to become chess club president?!”.

I thought that described the man pretty well. [/quote]

That’s a great story thanks for sharing it. Out of all the former Presidents that I’ve studied I have to say that LBJ is without a doubt the sleaziest. Keep in mind that Obama is still a sitting President.

Where do you guys think Bobby Jindal fits into all of this? I’ve just kind of browsed the last page and a half of posts, but I don’t think I saw his name mentioned anywhere in here.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Wasn’t it you who said if there were Ron Paul you’d back Romney? Yeah, I could have sworn you said that on another thread.
[/quote]

No I said Huckabee. I said in the 08 elections I was backing Romney(this is when I was still a rank and file republican.)

Perhaps your old age is affecting your memory?

Get an up and comer on the presidential ticket
For VP, get a handicapped, lesbian, mixed race looker

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Where do you guys think Bobby Jindal fits into all of this? I’ve just kind of browsed the last page and a half of posts, but I don’t think I saw his name mentioned anywhere in here.[/quote]

DB:

Jindal was (still is?) a huge “up-and-comer” for the GOP…

Until…

He gave a Nationally Televised “Republican Response to…” (either a State of the Union/Obama Speech? I can’t recall right now…) and botched it terribly. It was really rambling; points were not made or supported very well. All in all, it was a disaster. His “stock” dropped sharply after that.

What do you think about Rubio?

Mufasa

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

No I said Huckabee. I said in the 08 elections I was backing Romney(this is when I was still a rank and file republican.)

Perhaps your old age is affecting your memory?[/quote]

Wow, that was kind of mean. Sorry, I was mistaken but I probably have 4 or 5 posts going now that I’m retired and collecting social security and can’t get out of my ez chair to turn the TV on or off. Oops…