Obama: 143 Days in the Senate

"Just how much Senate experience does Barack Obama have in terms of actual work days? Not much.

From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That’s how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.

After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World, and fill the shoes of Abraham Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan.

143 days – I keep leftovers in my refrigerator longer than that.

In contrast, John McCain’s 26 years in Congress, 22 years of military service including 1,966 days in captivity as a POW in Hanoi now seem more impressive than ever. At 71, John McCain may just be hitting his stride."

Thunderbolt said it best: the guy is a naif.

Wait until this yo-yo actually gets in office! He’ll make Curly Joe look brilliant by comparison!

Obama has no experience.
McCain has bad experience.

I’ve said it before: we’re choosing between a douche and a turd sandwich. Pick the one that tastes the least like death and you’re golden.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Obama has no experience.

I’ve said it before: we’re choosing between a douche and a turd sandwich. Pick the one that tastes the least like death and you’re golden.[/quote]

Not that I’m head over heals for McCain, But what about his experience do you consider “bad”? Or were you simply regarding his track record as a RINO?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
"Just how much Senate experience does Barack Obama have in terms of actual work days? Not much.

From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That’s how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.

After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World, and fill the shoes of Abraham Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan.

In contrast, John McCain’s 26 years in Congress, 22 years of military service including 1,966 days in captivity as a POW in Hanoi now seem more impressive than ever. At 71, John McCain may just be hitting his stride."

Wait until this yo-yo actually gets in office! He’ll make Curly Joe look brilliant by comparison!

[/quote]

McCain does have 22 years of experience in the Sentate; I won’t get in to the mistakes he has made. I fail to understand how his military experience or the days in captivity does anything to prepare him to be President. I hear fifty percent of 70 year olds have symptoms of dementia. I think he has made som emistakes that may suggest he is prone to dementia.

As far as Obama not having much experience you can not expect different results if you go about it the same way things have always been done.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Obama has no experience.

I’ve said it before: we’re choosing between a douche and a turd sandwich. Pick the one that tastes the least like death and you’re golden.

Not that I’m head over heals for McCain, But what about his experience do you consider “bad”? Or were you simply regarding his track record as a RINO?

[/quote]

Uhh…Iraq? Boy, he was dead wrong about that one, and naive little Obama was svengali like in his judgement.

[quote]100meters wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Obama has no experience.

… Obama was svengali like in his judgement. [/quote]

“The word “Svengali” has entered the language meaning a person who, with evil intent, manipulates another into doing what is desired.”

How true.

One little speech, in Chicago, from naive little Obama, with no responsibility, and the gullible fall right in line.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

McCain does have 22 years of experience in the Sentate; I won’t get in to the mistakes he has made. I fail to understand how his military experience or the days in captivity does anything to prepare him to be President. I hear fifty percent of 70 year olds have symptoms of dementia. I think he has made som emistakes that may suggest he is prone to dementia.

As far as Obama not having much experience you can not expect different results if you go about it the same way things have always been done.
[/quote]

Agreed on McCain. I am pissed I am going to have vote for him. I don’t get your argument on Obama. I had a problem with a mechanic once but I didn’t take my car to a plumber the next time it needed service. We need qualified individuals that will take a differnet approach, not some idiot off the street.

What’s funny is that Obama is neither experienced nor different. Guess who the largest employer in the country is. Guess who has the larger budget in the country. Guess who has the larges pension fund in country. Guess who is the largest purshasing power in the country. Guess who the largest lender in the country is. Guess who the largest medical insurer is. Guess who is the largest bank in the country. Guess who the largest educator in the country is. Guess who the larges litigator is in the county. The answer to all of these is the federal gov’t.

Is Obama looking to shrink the size of Gov’t? No, he’s looking to do exactly what we’ve been doing for the last 70 some years. Expand gov’t, take resourses and capital out of the free market where does all of us the most good. He critizes washington out of one side of his mouth and proposes more programs run by guess who…washington bureaucrats. He is looking to take more of our freedoms and money. His ideals and propaganda are as old as Carl Marx.

[quote]DrSkeptix wrote:
100meters wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Obama has no experience.

… Obama was svengali like in his judgement.

“The word “Svengali” has entered the language meaning a person who, with evil intent, manipulates another into doing what is desired.”

How true.

One little speech, in Chicago, from naive little Obama, with no responsibility, and the gullible fall right in line.
[/quote]

The man with responsibility (and experience!) was dead wrong. over and over again. no need to reward his horrible, horrible judgement, right?

[quote]100meters wrote:

Uhh…Iraq? Boy, he was dead wrong about that one, and naive little Obama was svengali like in his judgement. [/quote]

How was McCain wrong on Iraq and how was Obama correct (I assume this is what you meant)?

[quote]dhickey wrote:
100meters wrote:

Uhh…Iraq? Boy, he was dead wrong about that one, and naive little Obama was svengali like in his judgement.

How was McCain wrong on Iraq and how was Obama correct (I assume this is what you meant)?[/quote]

Joking of course?
(please be joking)

[quote]100meters wrote:

The man with responsibility (and experience!) was dead wrong. over and over again. no need to reward his horrible, horrible judgement, right?

[/quote]

Then we need someone with experience and better judgement. Not someone with questionalbe judgement at best and no experience.

We’ve only seem a sample of Obama’s judment and I’m less than impressed.

Anyone with half a brain and even the smallest interest in making an educated vote knows that Obama would be a complete disaster. An Obama, Pelosi, Reid trifecta. Am I in a coma? This can’t be a real possibility.

[quote]100meters wrote:

Joking of course?
(please be joking)

[/quote]

Dead serious. What exactly do consider poor judgment with regard to Iraq? This is much too broad to guess what you mean here. Trusting the intellegence from our intellegence agencies? Buying into Saddam’s deliberate ploys to make us think he had WMD? Considering Saddam’s previous actions? Being a little sensative to instability and possible threats in the middle east after 9/11?

Hindsight is 20/20. If you are going to attack someone’s judgment you have to do so in the context this judgement was acted on. Not with information the judgee never had.

What do consider to be good judgment on the part of Obama? Meaning that he actually acted on something, not just being an armchair quarterback.

[quote]100meters wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Obama has no experience.

Uhh…Iraq? Boy, he was dead wrong about that one, and naive little Obama was svengali like in his judgement. [/quote]

You mean when McCain pushed for the Surge and Obama said it would never work?

It is amazing how your view is exactly the opposite of reality.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
100meters wrote:

Joking of course?
(please be joking)

Dead serious. What exactly do consider poor judgment with regard to Iraq? This is much too broad to guess what you mean here. Trusting the intellegence from our intellegence agencies? Buying into Saddam’s deliberate ploys to make us think he had WMD? Considering Saddam’s previous actions? Being a little sensative to instability and possible threats in the middle east after 9/11?

Hindsight is 20/20. If you are going to attack someone’s judgment you have to do so in the context this judgement was acted on. Not with information the judgee never had.

What do consider to be good judgment on the part of Obama? Meaning that he actually acted on something, not just being an armchair quarterback.[/quote]

Obama wasn’t even in the Senate at the time of the vote on the Iraq war and he wasn’t privy to any of the intelligence McCain was.

I suspect if he was in the Senate at the time he would have voted yes just like the other Democratic Senators did.

[quote]100meters wrote:
DrSkeptix wrote:
100meters wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Obama has no experience.

How true.

The man with responsibility (and experience!) was dead wrong. over and over again. no need to reward his horrible, horrible judgement, right? [/quote]

Good grief man, aren’t you tired of bealting this dead horse?

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
100meters wrote:
DrSkeptix wrote:
100meters wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Obama has no experience.

How true.

Good grief man, aren’t you tired of bealting this dead horse? [/quote]

Also, have you seen the congressional approval ratings lately? wow…

inre to the congressional approval ratings, this is why I want OHB to pick another senate “leader”, like Edwards. Let McCain do the smart thing and pick a conservative governor and it is absolutely over.

What would be wrong with making a poster of Obama standing with Pelosi and Reid, the caption reading: ‘Your Future is in THEIR Hands’? I think that would be a cool poster, insofar as the American people hate Congress.

Of course, someone needs to point out to the people that, with 10 trillion in debt, its too late for any POTUS or Congress to save this system. Can anyone here imagine Obama or McCain starting something like LBJ’s Great Society Program, or Ike’s Interstate System? We are not governed by people anymore but by our debt. No government can initiate ANYTHING in the face of such massive debts and deficits.

Eventually, the value of the dollar collapses, the economy collapses, and the feds must inflate like crazy to pay all the bills. This’ll require draconian price controls and a police state to enforce it all. We’re screwed.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
What would be wrong with making a poster of Obama standing with Pelosi and Reid, the caption reading: ‘Your Future is in THEIR Hands’? I think that would be a cool poster, insofar as the American people hate Congress.

Of course, someone needs to point out to the people that, with 10 trillion in debt, its too late for any POTUS or Congress to save this system. Can anyone here imagine Obama or McCain starting something like LBJ’s Great Society Program, or Ike’s Interstate System? We are not governed by people anymore but by our debt. No government can initiate ANYTHING in the face of such massive debts and deficits.

Eventually, the value of the dollar collapses, the economy collapses, and the feds must inflate like crazy to pay all the bills. This’ll require draconian price controls and a police state to enforce it all. We’re screwed.[/quote]

Hopefully Michigan wiil form it’s own government at that point. Which will of course be led by Ted Nugent :wink:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

You guys are just so pissed he’s gonna win, aren’t you?