Oatmeal While Cutting?

cutting time so this means low carbs, but is oatmeal ok for breakfast? would it be better before or after work out? a serving of oats has 27 g of carbs.

Depends what diet are you trying out??

Phill

just my own.

it basically is either P+F or P+C meals. P+C after waking up and before or after workout. and P+F all the other meals. i’ve read over some of the articles and follow those guidelines.

It really depends on how well you tolerate carbohydrates.

Most people can lose fat while consuming them in moderation, but there are those that have trouble losing unless they severely restrict carb consumption.

I wouldn’t worry about it if you’re making progress while having oats for breakfast.

Well, if you’re trying to keep total carbs under 100g (for example), a bowl of oatmeal can give you 25, plus a nice full feeling from the fiber content. When I’ve cut in the past, I always kept the breakfast oatmeal, had 40g sugar from apple juice post workout, and then tried to avoid all carbs for everything else all day.

-S

[quote]talon2nr7588 wrote:
just my own.

it basically is either P+F or P+C meals. P+C after waking up and before or after workout. and P+F all the other meals. i’ve read over some of the articles and follow those guidelines.[/quote]

am i correct so far as far as my meal plan goes? well i’ve never really eaten oats before while trying to cut or bulk, but i know they have fiber, and i’m trying to keep carbs under 30g. would it be better to have them bfore my workout to keep energy levels up?