Oatmeal sucks!

Chris, when I blend cottage cheese, it’s very thick and alot sticks to the sides of the blender. How do you avoid this? Do you add water or something?

Oh! Lipo! Timbo’s hurtin’, baby! You put the hammer on his oats…anyway, oats are very versatile. Look like there have been quite a few good suggestions that Timbo has tried and/or agrees with. Timbo once ate 3/4 to 1 cup of oats at all six meals in a day. I digress…first meal of the morning is a cup of oats, with a scoop of AP, some cinnamon, some Splenda and some spray butter. Like Shoogs, this mutha’s gotta be thick, hella thick. Now, with this concoction I usually have a half dozen or so egg whites. I’ll scoop some oats outta the bowl with my fork and spear a half of an egg white and chomp away. Man, Timbo’s got so many crazy, tasty meal combos…ya gotta love it.

Add some cinnamon and splenda for a sweetener. Tastes pretty damn good then.

Try mixing in the blender as part of a protein shake ie uncooked, I do that in the summer a fair bit.

VCreed- I use a spoon to help the blender out. I’ve sacrificed a couple of good spoons to the blender god that way. I’m told those high end $400 blenders work just fine, but my $90 blender needs help with my super thick shakes. You can add a touch of water or skim milk if you want to help it along. (Add this before you put in the other stuff.)

Sorry Timbo. Didn’t mean to dis the mighty oat. I tried adding Splenda and some unsweetened applesause this morning. Almost completely suppressed the gag reflex. I’ll try the other suggestions too. Thanks bro’s.

I add strawberries, raisins or a banana depending when I’m eating it in relation to my workout. But I’m gonna have to try some of these suggestions. Good luck.

I add vanilla extract, cinnamon, Splenda, a touch of Molly McButter for butter flavor, raisins, and sugar-free syrup. It’s excellent! Takes about 10 mins to prepare.

I second the motion for Timbo’s recipe…I also slice up a banana and throw that in too. Favorite meal of the day.

Another one, which was the only productive thing I ever got from Body For Life, is this pancake recipe:
1/2 c. oatmeal,1 serv. Splenda, Cinnamon, 2 tbsp. Smuckers’ Light preserves, 1/2 scoop Adv. Protein (vanilla), 4 or 5 egg whites

Mix in blender for 60 sec. and pour mixture into skillet w. no-stick cooking spray on med. high heat. Watch closely…it doesn’t take long to cook. Second favorite meal of the day.

I hated it the first couple times I ate it, you’ll get used to it. Have some fruit while you’re eating it, or even blend it in and it actually tastes pretty good.

LOL at Timbo! That’s crazy you used to eat oats 6 times a day. I love it! I can’t believe no one has mentioned the bodybuilder’s Reese’s peanut butter cup yet: 1 cup oats, cook as desired. When finished stir in splenda, a spoonful of cocoa (pure fiber!) and a spoonful of natty peanut butter. My favourite meal.

WHERE O WHERE CAN I GET SPLENDA?? WHAT O WHAT IS SPLENDA?? (pls answer,no one did long time ago)

Splenda is an artificial sweetener.
www.splenda.com You can probably find it
in the baking goods section of your grocery
store. I’m telling you though, pure maple
syrup is the only true path to oatmeal bliss!

Put oatmeal and fructose with water in a bowl and let it soak for 10-30 minute. Ad some eggs and proteinpowder, stir and put it in a warm fryingpan.
Serve. And drink plenty of water with it.

Cooked oatmeal with my grandmas applesauce (Not to much extra suger in it.) and rassins isn´t that bad either.