T Nation

Oatmeal Ideas

Ok ladies and gents, what do you like to do with oatmeal ? I need ideas.

-Oatmeal pancakes...you can essentially find the recipie anywhere
-oatmeal with chocolate protien powder mixed in and walnuts (I think Berardi gave me this idea, thanks Doc !)

As a side note, what do you like to do for breakfast beverages with your protien powder ?

For me, mix choco or vanilla or w/e flavour with black coffee and splenda. Tastes great when busy on the way to work when busy.

Breakfast:

1 cup real plain yogurt w/ splenda and blueberries

1/2 cups oats w/ raisins

2 cups Hood

1 apple, 1 pear

that's about 15 - 20 fiber, 35 g protein, 80 g carbs.

It gets the job done for me and keeps me full for about 2 hours.

For breakfast nearly every morning, I cook half a cup of rolled oats with half a cup of berries. I add a scoop of vanilla whey and two tablespoons of ground flax seeds. Mix it all up and thin it a bit if necessary with a little water or milk.

I have also ground up half a cup of rolled oats (using my coffee grinder which I use for the flaxseeds) and add it to a protein shake. A little gritty, but it's a soft grit! Nice nutty taste.

1.5-2 cups oatmeal(raw)
1 cup Mixed Berries
1 Whole Banana(or .9 banana if you're cutting)
Dash of Cinnamon
1 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Flax Meal

And then an omlette to go with that which is:
4 Whole Eggs
2 Oz. Ham
2 Cups Spinach
.5 Cup Red Bell Pepper

On mornings after a really hard training session I usually make up a batch of the following...

1 cup dry oatmeal
2 scoops low-carb chocolate Metabolic Drive
3/4 cup FROZEN blueberries
1 - 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
1 large dash cinnamon

First I mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl until its a nice homogeneous mixture (don't be afraid to use your hands, it's a lot easier). Then slowly add in the milk while mixing until the mixture becomes a sludge. Now add the frozen blueberries. The frozen berries freeze some of the milk making this concoction a bit like chocolate ice cream. You can add more milk if neccessary. Finish it all off with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy. The flavor reminds me of Count Chocula cereal. Hope you like it!

I eat it. Sometimes with my mouth.

I drink them. Sometimes I don't.

Seriously... do you really need help on how to vary your food intake. Experiment.

fat free cheese 1 whole egg sunny side up sugar free ketchup and black pepper good shit!!!

Here is a weird one that I absolutely love and is so tasty I can get my very fussy non dieting girlfriend to eat all the time!

Asian Oats!

1 cup(pure)Rolled Oats
200-300g Frozen Veg(Asian style)
1 200g Can of Tuna or Salmon
1 whole egg
Fistful of nuts
1/2 cup Water
Soy,Chilli,Oyster or any Sauce to taste

Get a big micro save bowl and chuck in the Oats, Veg, Water and you choice of sauce. Nuke for 5 mins on high stiring at least once. Add egg and Salmon to pipping hot goo and stir all the way thru and heat for 1 min.
Spinkle nuts on top and munch a bunch!

I swear sounds god awful but is better than most of the fried rice you can get around my joint!

Bow out!

u can also make oatmeal broth, its meant to be very nutritional.

Lately I've been simply adding honey and extra virgin coconut oil to my oatmeal.

I know it isn't the best for keeping carbs and fats separated but it tastes good and I don't eat too many other meals every day consistently where I can add a tablespoon of coconut oil.

1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup water
8 egg whites

add above to a pot on the stove. cook for ten minutes. add cheese and salt, or brown sugar splenda. You don't even notice the egg whites in there, and it's like you get more oat meal!

Monopoly

1/2 cup of oats raw
1 cup of frozen bb's mixed in after oats cooked
1 cup of ff yogurt mixed in
1 scoop of MD vanilla mixed in
1 cup kashi honey puffs mixed in
1 cup of kashi cinnimin wheat squares mixed in

I'm Currently bulking and this is an awesome 800 calorie breakfast. its a big bowl of mushy, crunchy, cold, sweet, tastiness

DeZZ

I put rolled oats in a blender and add a couple eggs, some cinnamon, and a tbs of peanut butter. Blend it till it's smooth, then cook it like a pancake. I add 1 egg and 1tbs of PB per person. I also add vanilla protein powder (my husband likes the banana cream). My husband adds blueberries to his.

I also like oatmeal w/ butter, milk, and maple syrup or brown sugar. YUM.

I blend Fat Free cottage cheese with water and cinnamon until it is liquid, then dump that into the oatmeal. It adds 20 grams of protein to my oatmeal, which already has 7...

haha that is exactly how i eat mine!

This sounds gross. I cook the oatmeal very quickly, much more oats to water, and after removing from the flame, add more oats, splenda, cinnamon, peanut butter, vanilla extract. Spread in a baking pan, cover and refrigerate. When ice cold, cut into squares and eat like a brownie. It's better than processed types of cakes/brownies/cookies.

Raw (uncooked) oats...
Chocolate milk...
Banana Creme Metabolic Drive...

Breakfast of champions.

Got carbs?? I'm gonna try this. Sounds interesting.

I use mine as the binding material for meatloaf as a replacement for crackers.

if your in a hurry for breakfast, put 1/2 to 1 cup oats in a travel mug, and fill the rest with milk. shake it up.