Oat/Broccoli/Fruit Shake?

I swear I saw this in the Cool Tips feature last week, but damned if I can find it in the Archives. What’s more, I could have sworn I sent it to a friend, but can’t find the email.

One of the authors had said they hated eating vegetables and so gave the recipie for a shake that involved 1 c. broccoli, some oats and berries, among other things.

Now that I got a new blender I’m ready to destroy a brand-new blender, I thought I’d give it a shot, but can’t re-find the article.

Anyone else remember this/have the link?

Thanks,

Cluster

[quote]Here’s the drink:

Mix in 16-20 ounces of water in a blender:

2 Scoops of Metabolic Drive

1/4 cup of low-fat cottage cheese

1/2 cup of oatmeal

1 banana

1 apple

1 cup of raw broccoli tops

(Blend until it’s as smooth as a baby’s dumper.)

Carbs: 80g

Protein: 45g

Fat: 4g

This super shake will start your day off with a plethora of phytonutrients. Between the high-quality protein, fruits, and vegetables, you’ve got more nutrients in your breakfast than most people get in a day
[/quote]

From Chad Waterbury’s 14 things that changed my life.

[quote]Cluster wrote:
I swear I saw this in the Cool Tips feature last week, but damned if I can find it in the Archives. What’s more, I could have sworn I sent it to a friend, but can’t find the email.

One of the authors had said they hated eating vegetables and so gave the recipie for a shake that involved 1 c. broccoli, some oats and berries, among other things.

Now that I got a new blender I’m ready to destroy a brand-new blender, I thought I’d give it a shot, but can’t re-find the article.

Anyone else remember this/have the link?

Thanks,

Cluster[/quote]

But don’t be afraid to just make your own recipe. Personally, I go with someone a little more simple. 500ml full-fat milk, some frozen broccoli, a scoop of protein and whatever fruit I have laying around.

haha, funny you should mention this, seeing i tried it this morning. all i did was swap the honey in my normal shake with brocolli and apple. the green sludge looked disgusting and i expected the worst, but it wasn’t all that bad. sure it wasn’t good, but it being that good for you makes it palatable.

good luck!

Well, I tried it and I think I’m going to stick to Berardi’s shakes from GN. Man, the broccoli really killed it and the oats kept me from being able to chug it.

See, I used to make fun of people who couldn’t take Greens+ in water, but now I think maybe I was just being a jackass.