NYT and Israel

Howard Friel wrote an insightful piece on how the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is depicted in the most prominent American paper that is the gray lady. The conclusion, as you probably already guessed, is that the Times constantly downplays the horrors perpetrated by the Israeli military machine.

http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=107&ItemID=12899

Liberal media? What liberal media?

Lixy, I guarantee Israel would not be fucking up everyone if it wasn’t for everyone in the middle east trying to fuck them up when they first started.

Downplay? nah, is just a different situation going on there.

And, there is no way to know if this site is legit or not, lets wait for further evidence to come in.

Wouldn’t it be nice if Israel didn’t have to police the Palestinians? Oh well, after recent events I’m convinced the conflict will continue far beyond any of our lifetimes.

From the top:

The UN Report Prepared in 1948 for Ralphe Bunche, New UN Commissioner to Palestine

Foreword: In view of the tragic assassination of Count Folke Bernadotte by identified Jewish terrorists on September 17 of this year, the following report has been prepared for the use of Dr. Bunche, Count Bernadotte’s immediate replacement.

This report is a compilation of all identified terrorist attacks on British, American and Arab individuals and entities in the assassination of the British Resident Minister in the Middle East on November 6, 1944 by members of the terrorist Jewish Stern gang to the assassination of Count Bernadotte on September 17, 1948 by members of this same gang of fanatics.

This information is compiled from reports of the US Department of State, the British Foreign Office and various American and British press services.

New York, October 1, 1948

November 30- December 6, 1947: It becomes clearly evident that the partition is not going as planned and that although the Jews are pleased, the Arabs are not. There appears to be no way to control the Jews or their determination to drive all of the Arabs out of Jerusalem by force if necessary.

The Arabs, initially living in peace with the Jewish minority, have been increasingly victimized by the Jews who, now that the British are leaving, are turning their savage behavior against them. The Jews have redoubled their efforts to build a military force and arm them.

They claim that this force is to protect the Jewish population against attacks from the Arab countries as well as the Arab population of Jerusalem but an even stronger argument can be made that the Zionists are determined to drive out the Arab population by armed force…
http://www.doublestandards.org/unbunche.html

“The Jews, I find, are very, very selfish. They care not how many Estonians, Latvians, Finns, Poles, Yugoslavs or Greeks get murdered or mistreated as D[isplaced] P[ersons] as long as the Jews get special treatment. Yet when they have power, physical, financial or political neither Hitler nor Stalin has anything on them for cruelty or mistreatment to the under dog.”
–Harry S Truman - July 21, 1947
http://www.trumanlibrary.org/diary/page21.htm

Amnesty: Israeli military action massively destroyed Lebanon’s infrastructure
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-08-22-amnesty-lebanon_x.htm

IDF commander: We fired more than a million cluster bombs in Lebanon
“What we did was insane and monstrous, we covered entire towns in cluster bombs,” the head of an IDF rocket unit in Lebanon said regarding the use of cluster bombs and phosphorous shells during the war.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/761781.html

Most Palestinians killed in Israeli raids were civilians, Amnesty says
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article2578484.ece

[i]"the Jews were growing more powerful in New York, and they were obsessed by the idea that to control journalism in New York meant to control the thought of the whole country.

The number of newspapers gradually diminished through combinations of publications. Adolph S. Ochs, a Philadelphia Jew, acquired the “New York Times.” He soon made it into a great newspaper, but one whose bias is to serve the Jews. It is the quality of the Times as a newspaper that makes it so weighty as a Jewish organ. In this paper the Jews are persistently lauded, eulogized and defended; no such tenderness is granted other races."[/i]
–Henry Ford, 1921

[quote]lixy wrote:

Liberal media? What liberal media?[/quote]

Let’s see - from the NYT’s recent ombudsman saying the paper had a liberal bias to the editorial page that never departs from liberal orthodoxy, the NYT is practically an arm of the Democratic Party.

Lixy - how hard is it to see reality from the extreme fringe of politics?

Like everything else, Lixy likes his media to come to a conclusion first, and then present the material.

[quote]John S. wrote:
Lixy, I guarantee Israel would not be fucking up everyone if it wasn’t for everyone in the middle east trying to fuck them up when they first started. [/quote]

How can you claim that? Israel has never hidden its expansionist agenda. Most importantly, it’s always dismissed international resolutions.

Different? From what?

The matter of the fact is that the Jewish community has been more influencial in the US than the Arabs, and that is translated in your media.

I can’t help but make comparisons between Swedish and American papers coverage of the conflict. The differences are astounding!

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Let’s see - from the NYT’s recent ombudsman saying the paper had a liberal bias to the editorial page that never departs from liberal orthodoxy, the NYT is practically an arm of the Democratic Party. [/quote]

We all know the position of the Democrats on Israel.

Lixy wrote:

“We all know the position of the Democrats on Israel”

If that’s so Lixy, why don’t you outline exactly what that position is? Spend a few minutes on Wickapedia, and get back to me with your expertise on the matter.

By the way, what’s your take on the ‘Fatah al-Islam using civilians as human shields’ in Lebanon? Never mind, I figure you probably have a poster of the Fatah al-Islam gunmen pinned up in your dorm room…

[quote]lixy wrote:
John S. wrote:
Lixy, I guarantee Israel would not be fucking up everyone if it wasn’t for everyone in the middle east trying to fuck them up when they first started.

How can you claim that? Israel has never hidden its expansionist agenda. Most importantly, it’s always dismissed international resolutions.

[/quote]

Where do they want to ‘expand’ to? Do they want to take over Egypt, Syria, Lebanon? This TINY country?

Jeez, give 'em their little strip of land, Arabs, and get the fuck over it. Squabbling and dying over a few square miles of land…what a bunch of idiots.

[quote]Tokoya wrote:
If that’s so Lixy, why don’t you outline exactly what that position is? Spend a few minutes on Wickapedia, and get back to me with your expertise on the matter. [/quote]

The same as the Republicans that is.

What’s a wicka?

This has been hacked to death on another thread. The Lebanese army has every right to oppose a group of foreigners that are destabilizing the country and that represent a threat to the sovereignty of Lebanon.

On a side note, I’m a bit too old to live in a dorm room.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Where do they want to ‘expand’ to? Do they want to take over Egypt, Syria, Lebanon? This TINY country? [/quote]

They’re occupying the Golan heights and categorically refuse to give the Palestinians any viable state.

The country may be tiny, but it’s military is mighty thanks to your taxmoney.

Agreed. The Arab should have just swallowed their pride and recognized Israel back in the 40’s. That would have saved a great deal of lives and suffering.

But think about it for a second. What if some oppressed group, say the Kurds for example, came to Ohio and decided to settle there because they were being slaughtered in the M.E.
Wouldn’t you resist their settlements in the region? I’m not saying the attitude of the Arabs was justified, but simply that it’s the natural knee-jerk reaction.

It downplays the Muslim majority led in Khartoum, funding the Janjaweed to rape, burn and ouster hundreds of thousands of non muslim indigents in Sudan. lixy, on a pure per capita basis, this situation far outweighs the palestinian problem.

[quote]kroby wrote:
It downplays the Muslim majority led in Khartoum, funding the Janjaweed to rape, burn and ouster hundreds of thousands of non muslim indigents in Sudan. lixy, on a pure per capita basis, this situation far outweighs the palestinian problem. [/quote]

I like the idea of counting who killed how many of whom.

Perhaps, just to make things more interesting, we should balance the equation and throw in a couple of thousand Christians.

After all, doesn’t the bible say “an eye for an eye”?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Where do they want to ‘expand’ to? Do they want to take over Egypt, Syria, Lebanon? This TINY country?

They’re occupying the Golan heights and categorically refuse to give the Palestinians any viable state.

The country may be tiny, but it’s military is mighty thanks to your taxmoney.

Jeez, give 'em their little strip of land, Arabs, and get the fuck over it. Squabbling and dying over a few square miles of land…what a bunch of idiots.

Agreed. The Arab should have just swallowed their pride and recognized Israel back in the 40’s. That would have saved a great deal of lives and suffering.

But think about it for a second. What if some oppressed group, say the Kurds for example, came to Ohio and decided to settle there because they were being slaughtered in the M.E.
Wouldn’t you resist their settlements in the region? I’m not saying the attitude of the Arabs was justified, but simply that it’s the natural knee-jerk reaction.[/quote]

If they where being slaughtered in the middle east the kurds would be more then welcome here.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
kroby wrote:
It downplays the Muslim majority led in Khartoum, funding the Janjaweed to rape, burn and ouster hundreds of thousands of non muslim indigents in Sudan. lixy, on a pure per capita basis, this situation far outweighs the palestinian problem.

I like the idea of counting who killed how many of whom.

Perhaps, just to make things more interesting, we should balance the equation and throw in a couple of thousand Christians.

After all, doesn’t the bible say “an eye for an eye”?
[/quote]

How about turn the other cheek?

[quote]John S. wrote:
If they where being slaughtered in the middle east the kurds would be more then welcome here.
[/quote]

Well, they ARE.

It’s noble of you to welcome them, but I don’t think that’s gonna be the prevailing setiment among your compatriots. Claiming otherwise is simply unrealistic.

[quote]lixy wrote:
John S. wrote:

Well, they ARE.

It’s noble of you to welcome them, but I don’t think that’s gonna be the prevailing setiment among your compatriots. Claiming otherwise is simply unrealistic.[/quote]

The kurds are more then welcome here. America will always be there with a hand out stretched to people in need.

[quote]John S. wrote:
America will always be there with a hand out stretched to people in need.[/quote]

What did you do about the Kurds when Saddam was slaughtering them? Why did your weapons exports to Turkey rise in perfect correlation with the escalation of violence the Turkish government directed against the Kurds?

I didn’t see you strech any hand there. I don’t see you streching a hand to the Palestinians. You did nothing about the Western Sahara expect support the status quo. Neither did you do anything about the Apartheid, the massacres of Marcos, Pinochet or any of the many others US-backed dictators.

So, please, while I don’t doubt your good faith, I’ll ask you to look more closely at the behavior of America before saying that the US would allow a mass exodus of Kurds on its territory.

[quote]John S. wrote:
lixy wrote:
John S. wrote:

Well, they ARE.

It’s noble of you to welcome them, but I don’t think that’s gonna be the prevailing setiment among your compatriots. Claiming otherwise is simply unrealistic.

The kurds are more then welcome here. America will always be there with a hand out stretched to people in need.[/quote]

LOL. Good one. Where’s the hand to Darfur?