T Nation

NYC TRT Docs

I’ve read through the finding a TRT doc sticky and tried to find a good one in my area, (upstate NY) unfortunately it doesn’t look like they exist. All of the doctors that I’ve seen are guessing with my treatment plan, are really misinformed on some important things, and don’t have answers to any of my questions regarding preserving fertility.

If anyone knows any docs in the city who specialize in TRT and are actual knowledgable about it and preserving fertility please pos ITT. I really need to find a competent doctor.

Thanks.

ETA: Also willing to travel to Philly, NJ, or anywhere as far as D.C. for a competent doc.

[quote]Phoblacht wrote:
I’ve read through the finding a TRT doc sticky and tried to find a good one in my area, (upstate NY) unfortunately it doesn’t look like they exist. All of the doctors that I’ve seen are guessing with my treatment plan, are really misinformed on some important things, and don’t have answers to any of my questions regarding preserving fertility.

If anyone knows any docs in the city who specialize in TRT and are actual knowledgable about it and preserving fertility please pos ITT. I really need to find a competent doctor.

Thanks.

ETA: Also willing to travel to Philly, NJ, or anywhere as far as D.C. for a competent doc.[/quote]

I have heard good things about a doctor Natan Bar Chama in Manhattan (if this is what you refer to as NYC, consider most do that though NYC consists of five boroughs).

I have been with my doc in Long Island for the past fourteen years and working with him now on my fertility. Several on here go to him as well. Let me know if you are open to traveling to LI and I will show his link.

Definitely open to going to LI for a good doc.

Thanks Brick.

[quote]Phoblacht wrote:
Definitely open to going to LI for a good doc.

Thanks Brick.[/quote]

Here:
http://www.mellingerurology.com

http://www.mellingerurology.com/curriculumvitae.html

Very impressive CV, including some work clinical trial work with TRT.

Cool. Thanks a lot Brick.

He’s cool prescribing HCG+T+AI?

What about self injection?

[quote]Phoblacht wrote:
Cool. Thanks a lot Brick.

He’s cool prescribing HCG+T+AI?[/quote]

I am on T and HCG. So yes. Keep in mind AI is not a must.

[quote]The Myth wrote:
What about self injection?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]Phoblacht wrote:
Cool. Thanks a lot Brick.

He’s cool prescribing HCG+T+AI?[/quote]

I am on T and HCG. So yes. Keep in mind AI is not a must. [/quote]

AI is a must for those that need it. Protocol will dial back dose to zero as needed.

@BrickHead
Hi Brick,
Hard to find an endo/urologist that is well acquainted with TRT and prescribing T, HCG, AI. So thanks for the recommendation for Dr. Mellinger. Just scheduled an appointment with him for low T. Wanted to know if you still use/still recommend him? Thanks

1 Like

You’re welcome.

I have seen him since 2002. I highly recommend him. Thanks to him I’ve been in good shape since then, have a kid, and another on the way.

Are you on IG?

Speaking of AI, it is not usually needed. See the other threads addressing this. I never used one.

Ah so glad to hear that. Were you on HCG when you had a child or did you go off of TRT? Yes. My IG is @rayy_fit.

1 Like

I use HCG with TRT.

I strongly suggest that when and after you or anyone else go to him or any competent TRT doctor, simply drop all that you’ve read on internet forums regarding TRT, do as he says, take medicine if you truly do need it, and go on with your life for at least one month, and see how you feel!