I put up a similar post last year, but for a number of reasons I could not follow-through with getting a trainer. I intend to find one now and could use your help.
I am looking link up with a great trainer in NYC who can help me construct a program and/or train me to help me reach my fitness goals:
- changing my body composition (I would like to get to ~5% bodyfat)
- increasing flexibility particularly in my hips, back, and shoulders
- leaning me out (I would like lose some of my "stockiness")
My background: I played soccer for a number of years at a high level, but for the past few years I lost focus/intensity in my training because of work/life committments. That said, I am now motivated to rev up my fitness regime again and would like to enroll the help of a trainer.
I am looking for a trainer that is:
- will use dynamic methods/routines to help me achieve my goals (I do not want to use a standardd trainer found at the chain gyms like NYSC that give a standard workout to everyone - not for me)
- has experience with top athletes
- can incorporate techniques like pilates/yoga etc to increase my flexibility
- will help me sculpt a diet plan
- affordable! (yes, I said it again)
If they have their own training studio, that would be cool.
I know T-Nation has all of this information on the site, but there is such a wealth of information on the site, that at times it is information overload.
Please PM (private message) me here and I would be happy to discuss and give more details offline.
Thanks for your help T-Nation!