NYC O-Lifting Meet Tommorrow (Oct 28)

It’s late notice, but I thought I’d share.

October 28, 2006: Metropolitan Championships Competition at Lost Battalion Hall. Spectators welcome 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
http://www.lostbattalionhallweightlifting.org

There will be a team from Scotland there. And Bagpipes, too.

There should be a good number of experienced lifters there. Also, I and others from Lost Battallion will be lifting in our first meet.

[quote]ledfist wrote:
It’s late notice, but I thought I’d share.

October 28, 2006: Metropolitan Championships Competition at Lost Battalion Hall. Spectators welcome 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
http://www.lostbattalionhallweightlifting.org

There will be a team from Scotland there. And Bagpipes, too.

There should be a good number of experienced lifters there. Also, I and others from Lost Battallion will be lifting in our first meet. [/quote]

That’s a good group up there. I know many lifter’s from the East Coast and from LBH. Good luck to you. It’ll be a great meet. I may go up for Empire State next year.

Thanks, it was a balst. The Scottish team was great. There were so many lifters there, so much skill, it was an impressive event. There were national level, and even world level masters lfiters. The first meet was a whole new world.

I hghly recommend anyone into strength sports in the NYC area to check out the meets coming up in January and Februrary. I think the next one at LBH is Feb 3rd 2007. I am so tired now…

[quote]ledfist wrote:
Thanks, it was a balst. The Scottish team was great. There were so many lifters there, so much skill, it was an impressive event. There were national level, and even world level masters lfiters. The first meet was a whole new world.

I hghly recommend anyone into strength sports in the NYC area to check out the meets coming up in January and Februrary. I think the next one at LBH is Feb 3rd 2007. I am so tired now…[/quote]

What did you make? What class are you in?

I don’t remember what ledfist’s total was, but he placed 3rd in the 77kg class.

[quote]punyparker wrote:
I don’t remember what ledfist’s total was, but he placed 3rd in the 77kg class.[/quote]

Thanks. Great job, leadfist! Keep at it and have fun!

Hey, thanks. Yeah, I placed 3rd at 77kg, through some luck, as more than one guy in the 69kg beat my total. I only made 142- 60 and 82. As it was my first meet, I was aiming for safe loads, trying to get 6 for 6, rather than high weights. Somehow I missed 65 on my 3rd snatch. But 5 for 6, I was happy. Hoping to make some increase on that by January or February, the next NYC area meets.

Good job. Always fun lifting at the LBH.