NY Times: Iran is the Source

"WASHINGTON, March 26 ? More than 20 months ago, the United States secretly sent Iran a diplomatic protest charging that Tehran was supplying lethal roadside explosive devices to Shiite extremists in Iraq, according to American officials familiar with the message.

Explosively Formed Penetrators The July 19, 2005, protest ? blandly titled ?Message from the United States to the Government of Iran? ? informed the Iranians that a British soldier had been killed by one of the devices in Maysan Province in eastern Iraq.

The complaint said that the Shiite militants who planted the device had longstanding ties to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps in Iran, and that the Revolutionary Guards and Iranian-backed Hezbollah militia had been training Iraqi Shiite insurgents in Iran and supplying them with bomb-making equipment.

?We will continue to judge Iran by its actions in Iraq,? the protest added.

The time for ‘judging’ is past.

That’s impossible. Clearly the NYT has been subsidized by the ChenyOil Conglomerate to help set up harmless Iran as the next patsy in "W"s worldwide war on all things non-white-and-christian.

Next thing you know, they will be miss-interpreting Ahmedenijad’s daily prayers and calls for world peace to make them say something about “wiping out Israel” or “destroying the Imperialist invaders” or something equally asinine and beyond the pale.

You like to make references to the army of Rome, right HH?

Ever read anything saying they over-extended themselves a bit?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

Ever read anything saying they over-extended themselves a bit?[/quote]

I dont think we need to occupy. If the US truly unleashed its full power in any region world wide, with no intentions of occupying or Marshalling/rebuilding, but just to eliminate threat, there would be no over-extending.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

Ever read anything saying they over-extended themselves a bit?[/quote]

We are over-extended…that’s why you should hope we kill all these bastards soon. Imagine a world w/o us policing it? Someday, when our bankruptcy force us to withdraw to our hemisphere, the rest of the world will be truly a madhouse.

Analogy — imagine an innercity school where the teachers and principal don’t show up one day. Can we say Hellhole?

[quote]rugbyhit wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

I dont think we need to occupy. If the US truly unleashed its full power in any region world wide, with no intentions of occupying or Marshalling/rebuilding, but just to eliminate threat, there would be no over-extending. [/quote]

Zdravstvuy, tavarits.

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
That’s impossible. Clearly the NYT has been subsidized by the ChenyOil Conglomerate to help set up harmless Iran as the next patsy in "W"s worldwide war on all things non-white-and-christian.

Next thing you know, they will be miss-interpreting Ahmedenijad’s daily prayers and calls for world peace to make them say something about “wiping out Israel” or “destroying the Imperialist invaders” or something equally asinine and beyond the pale.[/quote]

Cunn,

Since 1979, the iranians have been responding to George W. Bush and his evil intentions.

Clearly he forced them into being the number one supplier of terrorism worldwide during this time period. Clearly he caused them to take hostages. Clearly, the weapons on their way to palestine from iran had Bush’s fingerprints on them. Clearly, it was Bush’s fault.

That’s all you need to know.

Signed,

bradley, pox, tme, and the rest of the code pinkers.

Imagine an inner-city school where the police run every class, and do not allow the teachers to do anything out of fear the children will overtake them and run wild into the streets.

At least though, Iran is actually doing something against us, so we have no obligation to “liberate” it. HH, we’ve only truly been policing the world for the past 3 decades or so, and we’ve done a pretty shitty job. Bush Sr. probably did the best, Clinton didn’t fail totally but didn’t really do that well either, and Bush Jr. is a total fuck-up.

We need to reclaim our pride in the international scene. Start a war the international community actually supports. Thats what we had in Afghanistan. We need a new Afghanistan, or even better, a return to helping those poor bastards.

[quote]karva wrote:
rugbyhit wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

I dont think we need to occupy. If the US truly unleashed its full power in any region world wide, with no intentions of occupying or Marshalling/rebuilding, but just to eliminate threat, there would be no over-extending.

Zdravstvuy, tavarits.[/quote]

You gonna translate, or did a cat walk over your keyboard?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

We are over-extended…that’s why you should hope we kill all these bastards soon. Imagine a world w/o us policing it? Someday, when our bankruptcy force us to withdraw to our hemisphere, the rest of the world will be truly a madhouse.

Analogy — imagine an innercity school where the teachers and principal don’t show up one day. Can we say Hellhole?

[/quote]

You are not apart from the rest of the world, those days are gone. Innercity schools is a global phenomenon that has to do with the changes caused by industrialization. Where did you get the idea, that you are a principal?

Is it your daughter in that picture, or grand-daughter? Shes looks like a happy child. Well done.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Imagine a world w/o us policing it? Someday, when our bankruptcy force us to withdraw to our hemisphere, the rest of the world will be truly a madhouse.

[/quote]

Lixy, and the rest of the world for that matter, would then proceed to affix all blame for for the chaos on the shoulders of the United States.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
karva wrote:
rugbyhit wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Zdravstvuy, tavarits.

You gonna translate, or did a cat walk over your keyboard?[/quote]

:slight_smile:

It’s an approximate translitteration of the russian phrase, “how are you doing, friend?”. My cat is sleeping.

[quote]karva wrote:

Is it your daughter in that picture, or grand-daughter? Shes looks like a happy child. Well done.[/quote]

The girl in his avatar is Jessica Lunsford. She was brutally murdered by a sexual predator.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
karva wrote:

Is it your daughter in that picture, or grand-daughter? Shes looks like a happy child. Well done.

The girl in his avatar is Jessica Lunsford. She was brutally murdered by a sexual predator.[/quote]

Well done on your part to tell me. I apologize. She was happy in that picture.

[quote]karva wrote:

Is it your daughter in that picture, or grand-daughter? Shes looks like a happy child. Well done.[/quote]

Her name is Jessica Lunsford. She was 9 years old. She was raped and buried alive, holding her little toy dolphin, while the beast shovelled the dirt over her. My avatar is in her memory.

I hate crimes against children most of all.

It is my sincerest hope that the creature (named Cooey) is suffering at the hands of some big cons at this very moment.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
karva wrote:

Her name is Jessica Lunsford. She was 9 years old. She was raped and buried alive, holding her little toy dolphin, while the beast shovelled the dirt over her. My avatar is in her memory.

I hate crimes against children most of all.

It is my sincerest hope that the creature (named Cooey) is suffering at the hands of some big cons at this very moment.

[/quote]

As a middle aged man and as years go by, I’ve become more and more sensitive for the feelings of children. I share your hate. Nonetheless, Cooey’s, or whatever his name is, suffering wont change a bit. Either he must be executed or closed off from the rest of society for the rest of his life. I’m for the latter option, you’re for the former. Jessica Lunsford, rest in peace.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Lixy, and the rest of the world for that matter, would then proceed to affix all blame for for the chaos on the shoulders of the United States.
[/quote]

Flaming, I suppose you think that because Lixy might try to affix all blame to the US, that the US is therefore completely blameless?

In the past there had been a longstanding concern by governments around the world to preserve order in the Middle East. Well, recently, that order has disintegrated.

I really think Afghanistan was the right move, but I also really think Iraq was a mistake. We don’t have a safer world… we have a smouldering fire waiting to explode as soon as oxygen can get to it.

You and I both know that this happens as soon as the troops leave… whether that is in one year or in five years. Do you really think Iran doesn’t have a deep presence in Iraq at this point?

Having said all that, Iran is taking full advantage of the current situation to cause havoc in the region. If this were a chess game, they’d be taking advantage of some bad moves.

Perhaps instead of worrying about blame we can all regret some serious mistakes and try not to repeat them in the future?

Finally, personally, I’m not sure that we can avoid military action against Iran, especially while it is defying the UN, specifically aiding terrorists, and working against stability in the world. These types of things are the same things that made Afghanistan a good move.

However, the realities of the situation may preclude direct military action… I don’t know.

[quote]karva wrote:
rugbyhit wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Zdravstvuy, tavarits.[/quote]

I wasnt condoning the action, just an observation, comrade.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Finally, personally, I’m not sure that we can avoid military action against Iran, especially while it is defying the UN, specifically aiding terrorists, and working against stability in the world. These types of things are the same things that made Afghanistan a good move.

However, the realities of the situation may preclude direct military action… I don’t know.[/quote]

This is why we need Canada’s help. We are spread thin, trying to keep peace in Iraq. All of this crap would end MUCH more quickly if the rest of the world would come on board and stamp out these bastards. I have nothing against the people of Iran or Iraq btw. From what I’ve read, they’re fine people, the Iranians under the thumb of some serious whackjobs. Take out the nuke sites, take out the military bases, and try to take out the leaders. Given half a chance, the people will kick all the assholish stuff to the curb and join civilisation again.

BTW: Dealing with the Iranian leadership reminds me of dealing with the Khmer Rouge — it ain’t happenin’.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
We are over-extended…that’s why you should hope we kill all these bastards soon. [/quote]

The hundreds of thousands you killed already didn’t quench your thirst?

Whoever gave you that right did a grave mistake.