NY Post Front Page Pic

http://m.upi.com/story/UPI-3721354631250/

Holy moly.

That’s fucked up.

Disgusting.

Definitely over the line.

Jesus. How do you justify running that? I mean, I understand how you can, but how do you decide that it’s the right thing to do?

If I were related to that man I would be so fucking livid. I mean what if that was like your dad or something? And here some jackass news man publishes a picture of him seconds before his death with a huge caption saying “PWNED!”. How is that not the most offensive and disrespectful thing in the world?

Offensive, disrespectful, and most of all fucking COWARDLY!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Offensive, disrespectful, and most of all fucking COWARDLY![/quote]

x2

And it will probably get them sales.

I heard about this story today before seeing a video or this photo and even at that time I was confused.

1. Why didn’t anyone help pull him up, I was asking that before this photo and now I’m especially curious. It’s clear that the guy was close enough to the platform that a couple of people could have picked him up and saved his life.

2. How the fuck this guy didn’t get out there on his own is beyond me. Judging by the distance of the train shown in that picture I don’t see any reasonable reason why this guy couldn’t have pulled himself up on the platform.

3. If the guy was too weak to pull himself up or didn’t have enough time, why didnt he run the other way? Whitnesses said that the train was slowing down, and I believe that that train’s stop was right there anyway…so you would think that running away from the train would give you a much better chance to live.

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
I heard about this story today before seeing a video or this photo and even at that time I was confused.

1. Why didn’t anyone help pull him up, I was asking that before this photo and now I’m especially curious. It’s clear that the guy was close enough to the platform that a couple of people could have picked him up and saved his life.

2. How the fuck this guy didn’t get out there on his own is beyond me. Judging by the distance of the train shown in that picture I don’t see any reasonable reason why this guy couldn’t have pulled himself up on the platform.

3. If the guy was too weak to pull himself up or didn’t have enough time, why didnt he run the other way? Whitnesses said that the train was slowing down, and I believe that that train’s stop was right there anyway…so you would think that running away from the train would give you a much better chance to live.

[/quote]
That train was probably going 30 to 50 mph. There was no way he was going to be able to get out of the way that quickly.

This really is just awful.

Its New York Post. What do you expect?

The truth?

Decency?

Not going to happen. Ever.

As bad as the Post is on this, did they at least catch the fucker that pushed him?
That’s where the real guilt lives.

I’m probably just cynical, but I don’t believe the photographer was running down the platform trying to use his camera flash to get the conductor to stop as he said in his account.

Also, while I’d love to say that I’d run over to the guy and have him grab hold of my forearms as I Zercher’ed him out of harms way, I think there’s a very real possibility of getting pulled in one’s self or having the man on the tracks grab on the the rescuer and not let go, perhaps getting both parties killed.

Just an awful situation all around.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
I’m probably just cynical, but I don’t believe the photographer was running down the platform trying to use his camera flash to get the conductor to stop as he said in his account.

Also, while I’d love to say that I’d run over to the guy and have him grab hold of my forearms as I Zercher’ed him out of harms way, I think there’s a very real possibility of getting pulled in one’s self or having the man on the tracks grab on the the rescuer and not let go, perhaps getting both parties killed.

Just an awful situation all around.[/quote]

You say that now, but in the moment I doubt you would have thought it out like that. You’d just react.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

You say that now, but in the moment I doubt you would have thought it out like that. You’d just react.[/quote]

I’ve only been in simulated high stress life and death situations, and even then, you’d be surprised what people will and won’t do.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

You say that now, but in the moment I doubt you would have thought it out like that. You’d just react.[/quote]

I’ve only been in simulated high stress life and death situations, and even then, you’d be surprised what people will and won’t do.[/quote]

I agree, DD.

But making decisions like running into an inferno to save a kitten vs running to pull a man off the tracks seem like no brainers.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I’ve only been in simulated high stress life and death situations, and even then, you’d be surprised what people will and won’t do.[/quote]

I agree, DD.

But making decisions like running into an inferno to save a kitten vs running to pull a man off the tracks seem like no brainers.

[/quote]

But do you think you can outrun a train? Even going slow a train is faster then most people. If you could make this life or death decision before the train even gets there, then have the speed to run to him and lift him up? You must be one super athletic strong dwarf.

What’s sad is NYC Subway safety. Considering how much it cost, it’s not safe, or clean. The only positive is it can access pretty much 90% of the city.

What do you expect from a rag like the NY Post. IIRC they posted horrible pics of Eric Clapton’s son when he fell out of a window and died.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
What do you expect from a rag like the NY Post. IIRC they posted horrible pics of Eric Clapton’s son when he fell out of a window and died.[/quote]

OMG, I had no idea about Clapton’s son’s pics! I’m glad I didn’t see that.

Detectives are still seeking the unidentified suspect. There is a $12,000 reward.