NY/NJ Area Training Meetup Thread

Levittrash? That’s a funny one. What about Garbage Point? Umm, I mean… College Point in Queens. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it, maybe we can get another one going next month around the holidays!

I shit canned sprints when I realized (perhaps wrongly so) that sprints do not have a place in bodybuilding, at least for me. I then went to regular interval training, usually on the elliptical or stationary bike. I did that with running too, but again realized perhaps running is not the best thing for some with a decent amount of muscle. It just became too damn jarring on my body. But… I do all my brisk walking outside these days. :wink:

Spoke to the manager at synergy (old friend of mine) and we’re good to go.

S

Sorry i will have to miss this - hopefully it is successful so I can be at the next one

@Chris_Colucci @The_Mighty_Stu
I’ve actually chosen to do cardio today and back tomorrow. I figured it would be kind of lame for a workout meet up to do cardio on a machine and then just stand around.

I should be hitting back as well. Lots of fun to be had!

S

1 Like

That awkward moment when you don’t follow a bodypart split, so you just do whatever the bodybuilders say.

1 Like

Well obviously all the latest articles from “experts” frowns on that sort of nonsense. What do those silly Bodybuilders know anyway, with their big muscles and defined symmetrical physiques?

S

2 Likes

Two days later. Still sore. Copious turkey yesterday did not help.

Had a great time with the Brick, Stu, and some former CrossFitter whose legs were seriously just way too big. :grin:

General workout probably ended up at probably 25ish sets in a bit under 2 hours. Many rows, some pullovers, many pulldowns, some pull-ups, couple of face pulls … … … and curls. Some shop talk about form and exercise choice. Then we hit the diner right up the road.

Looking forward to doing it again whenever. Maybe some kind of “last Sunday of the month”-type idea, rotating the location.

1 Like

It was a great time!

I’m up for this every-Sunday idea! As long as it’s a gym in Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, or Long Island, I am good to go. Sorry, I don’t do Bronx or Staten Island much. :slight_smile:

I also think these meetings are good for people who want to get or are very serious because of the constructive criticism, which is very important for improving.

Awesome sounds like a great time! I’ll be in the area next month for the annual training and posing with Stu at Synergy, and eating before my prep starts in January, maybe we can all meet up then.

I’ll be there at Synergy.

1 Like

Eh? Need more info!!

This for me, for sure.

Probably some time during winter break, or possibly before that, a Saturday or Sunday in mid-December. Some training at Synergy, then some posing practice, then grub! Once the date is solidified I’ll post the details, hopefully you can make it man!

1 Like

The next meetup is December 17th at Synergy in Garden City park at 12.

Saturday, December 17th, Synergy, 12:00! I’ll be coming up to NY to hang with @The_Mighty_Stu and @BrickHead for the annual pre-prep send off of training, posing and eating (still figuring out where we’ll be doing that!) Anyone else in?

I am hoping to make an appearance!

OK, good. So am I, as you see, but it turns out I will not be lifting and just helping because of an orthopedic issue for which I must wait a week with no lifting as instructed by my orthopedist. I will tell you about it. So I will be designated spotter and motivator. :slight_smile:

Right on. I need it!

1 Like