NY/NJ Area Training Meetup Thread

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
So I chances are I am moving to PA in December/January after I graduate, because my fiancee just landed her dream job there. So, it looks like I will be able to start making a lot more of these meetups :D[/quote]

Hey!!! Congrats to Mrs. Ashy!!! (well, the future Mrs anyway -lol).

Great news that you guys will be closer. Definitely an awesome time when we last met up at Bev’s and then thoroughly destroyed the All You can Eat Sushi Joint (repeat performance anyone?)

Keep us in the loop and once the other guys who’re dieting and myself can eat again (or even if not yet), we’ll schedule another one. These have definitely been some of the cooler things to come out of being on the 'Nation :slight_smile:

S

So I chances are I am moving to PA in December/January after I graduate, because my fiancee just landed her dream job there. So, it looks like I will be able to start making a lot more of these meetups :D[/quote]

Philly area?

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

Hey!!! Congrats to Mrs. Ashy!!! (well, the future Mrs anyway -lol).

Great news that you guys will be closer. Definitely an awesome time when we last met up at Bev’s and then thoroughly destroyed the All You can Eat Sushi Joint (repeat performance anyone?)

Keep us in the loop and once the other guys who’re dieting and myself can eat again (or even if not yet), we’ll schedule another one. These have definitely been some of the cooler things to come out of being on the 'Nation :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

Thanks, Stu! I don’t want to come off as clingy (lol), but I would love to do a meetup like the last one at least once a month when I move to the area. Maybe we’ll save the eating contests until after you and thoughts have competed :slight_smile:

I guess I’ve done 3 of these meetups so far (I’m definitely counting the trip to Biotest as one haha) and they’ve always been a great time. Nothing like getting together with some like minded guys.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

Philly area?[/quote]

Yeah, she’s looking for places now.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

Philly area?[/quote]

Yeah, she’s looking for places now.[/quote]

Awesome, the best gym in the area has got to be Iron Sport in Glenolden, PA. Worth checking out when you move.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

Philly area?[/quote]

Awesome, the best gym in the area has got to be Iron Sport in Glenolden, PA. Worth checking out when you move.[/quote]

We’re already set on that and we haven’t even been there in person haha. Is that where you train? I can’t find membership pricing on their site.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

Philly area?[/quote]

Awesome, the best gym in the area has got to be Iron Sport in Glenolden, PA. Worth checking out when you move.[/quote]

We’re already set on that and we haven’t even been there in person haha. Is that where you train? I can’t find membership pricing on their site.[/quote]

I only go there every so often when I train with a few PL’ers. They have a monolift so it comes in handy… I 20 mins away from there in NJ but if it werent for tolls/gas I would absolutely be there.

They’re pretty easy going with membership. I think it’s about 40 a month. Well worth it though, the owner Steve Puscinella (sp?) is cool and will always offer help.

Yea I think it’s an awesome coincidence that we’re living in the area because I’ve seen this video and thought it was great haha.

So it sounds like we’re going to try to meet this Saturday at 1:00 at Stu’s gym for anyone interested! Heather and I are doing our best to make it!

So it sounds like we’re going to try to meet this Saturday at 1:00 at Stu’s gym for anyone interested! Heather and I are doing our best to make it![/quote]

Yeah Buddy! I won’t be able to indulge in any feasts afterward, but aside from possibly looking a little flat as it’ll be a lower carb day for me, You’ll get to see my conditioning up close (those videos just do nothing for me -lol)

S

I’ll see if I can make it

I’ll be there. Cardio and Abs for me…How fun.

Yeah, but there’s also great mirrors in the dance/aerobics room for posing!

S

I’m in New Jersey for the week, will be in NYC during the day Saturday.

Anyone want to get a beer or dinner?

I remember this thread. I am glad you revived it as I am always up for training on a Saturday morning with anyone who would like to, at Bev’s, or pretty much anywhere on Long Island or Queens.

I am booked up this Saturday, but if you or anyone else is in NYC or LI at some other time, either visiting or residing, I’m for it.

What part of NYC will you be in? Manhattan?

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
I remember this thread. I am glad you revived it as I am always up for training on a Saturday morning with anyone who would like to, at Bev’s, or pretty much anywhere on Long Island or Queens.

I am booked up this Saturday, but if you or anyone else is in NYC or LI at some other time, either visiting or residing, I’m for it.

What part of NYC will you be in? Manhattan? [/quote]

Currently in NJ. I’ll be in NYC Saturday but I have the day planned to hang my daughter who’s in Med School in the city.

[quote]2busy wrote:

Anyone want to get a beer or dinner?[/quote]

Who the fuck would want to meet a creeper like you?

shudder

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]2busy wrote:

Anyone want to get a beer or dinner?[/quote]

Who the fuck would want to meet a creeper like you?

shudder
[/quote]

Ha. You’re almost funny.

Anyone up for meeting in the fall, maybe at Bev’s or Colosseum in Middle Village?

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Anyone up for meeting in the fall, maybe at Bev’s or Colosseum in Middle Village?[/quote]

Both awesome facilities! Colosseum was in serious need of an air conditioner last time I was there though.

S