NY/NJ Area Training Meetup Thread

i’lll be home on winter break (closer to you guys) so i should be able to make it…

I talked to thoughts yesterday in his Indigo log, but I won’t be coming up over winter break. My girlfriend will be in Arizona for work, so I’m flying out there instead. But, I think I may fly up for spring break so I’ll give you guys a heads up if I do.

I have a nice chunk o’time off in December if anyone is in the area and feels like hitting up Bev’s again. Other than that, I can always do dates in Jan if they don’t interfere with Cat’s and my planning a wedding while looking for a new place to live (sure I’ll be dieting, but I won’t whine about it).

And yes Chris, I totally agree, burritos are indeed magic!

S

Count me in. I’m free from Dec 26th until Jan 8th, where I can train and feast on any day. After that, I’ll be starting my contest prep so no feasting for me :frowning:

Im down for whatever. Hoping to be able to lift completely (no restrictions) with no pain in the next 2 weeks or so, by christmas definitely

[quote]parsley wrote:
Im down for whatever. Hoping to be able to lift completely (no restrictions) with no pain in the next 2 weeks or so, by christmas definitely[/quote]

you hurt your self?

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]parsley wrote:
Im down for whatever. Hoping to be able to lift completely (no restrictions) with no pain in the next 2 weeks or so, by christmas definitely[/quote]
you hurt your self?[/quote]
He went too shallow on a few squat reps at the last get-together, so Stu had us “re-educate” him with 2.5 pound plates. It was kinda like the blanket party in Full Metal Jacket. Sad, but dude’s gotta remember to use a full ROM. :slight_smile:

Glad your on the mend anyhow, Parsley.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]parsley wrote:
you hurt your self?[/quote]
He went too shallow on a few squat reps at the last get-together, so Stu had us “re-educate” him with 2.5 pound plates. It was kinda like the blanket party in Full Metal Jacket. Sad, but dude’s gotta remember to use a full ROM. :slight_smile:

Glad your on the mend anyhow, Parsley.[/quote]

Lol funny, i used to have the opposite problem of going too low for my mobility and pull groins, but thats a different story

MAF, i had a congenital hernia that i had surgery to repair 2 weeks ago.

[quote]parsley wrote:
Lol funny, i used to have the opposite problem of going too low for my mobility and pull groins, but thats a different story
[/quote]

Eh, you’re a young dude, you’re supposed to be pullin’ on your groin… wait,… what?

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]parsley wrote:
[/quote]

Eh, you’re a young dude, you’re supposed to be pullin’ on your groin… wait,… what?

S[/quote]

now we know what kind of stretching and forearm work Stu does at home…

Hey all,

I know this is last minute, but Stu and I are meeting up with Anechoic at my gym in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We’re meeting in the afternoon (still not sure exactly when), but if anyone is close by and interested in coming, you’re more than welcome to come.

Disclaimer: My gym is a craphole. Most of the dumbbells are on the floor than the rack and nothing is where it should be.

Now that that’s out the way, here is the info:

Absolute Power
750 Grand St
(between Graham Ave & Humboldt St)
Brooklyn, NY 11211

Plus there’s some tasty restaurants in the neighborhood.

Looks like 4pm is the scheduled time.

Aw I wish I could get in on this again. That was a great time! Anyone in the area needs to go. Nothing beats meeting up with other “meatheads”. Stu is a great guy and much funnier in person. Whoever goes has to make sure to ask him about his “What do horses eat?” joke haha. Thoughts will teach you a thing or two about calve training and styling gel as well :wink:

I’ll let you guys know the next time I fly up to see Heather’s family. Hopefully it will be soon. I’m looking into when KU is on spring break.

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
Stu is a great guy and much funnier in person. Whoever goes has to make sure to ask him about his “What do horses eat?” joke haha.[/quote]

LOL

I wish i had checked the site out earlier i would have been able to go. Oh well, are you guys looking to do another meet-up this break?

Gotta say, despite THOUGHTS’ whining about his gym, in my opinion it’s a great place. Maybe I’m just missing the old ‘dungeon’ style gyms I used to train at (before my current, hated, NYSC), but I was pretty comfortable, able to get whatever I needed, and even at what would be a peak hour at most gyms, wasn’t too crowded.

Also, the BBQ (Meat by the pound!) place we hit up for dinner was an excellent topper to a very cool evening.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Also, the BBQ (Meat by the pound!) place we hit up for dinner was an excellent topper to a very cool evening.
[/quote]

…with diet coke, i presume?

Lol, wouldja believe that they didn’t have Diet Coke?! Regardless, this is a place we should definitely hit up next Summer. Lots of tables and benches outside which THOUGHTS assures me are packed during the warm weather.

S

Figured I’d resurrect this ol’ thread here and invite any locals or in-the-vicinians (new word?) to come train at my new (and very much loved) gym, Synergy in Garden City Park, Long Island. Gonna be there on Saturday 4/21/12, and as I had already made plans to meet up, train, and go over posing etc with THOUGHTS1053 (him and I are both mid contest prep), I figured with so many T-folk around the area, why not throw it out to everyone.

Yes, I know, this gym doesn’t have the long history of Bev’s (where we’ve met up before), but trust me when I say that it’s not only huge, but amazingly well equipped (although the sheer volume of florescent lights above will wash out any photos you take). While I certainly won’t be able to partake of any eats post training (I’ll be 6 weeks out from a WNBF Pro show at that point), it’s always fun talking ‘shop’ with other intelligent gym rats.

The address is
190 Broadway, Garden City Park, NY 11040

and the Manager, Noah, says it’s no problem comping any of my ‘friends from out of town’ (He’s a good guy who actually plans on getting onstage one day… with my help of course -lol).

S

Obviously, you can count me in!

Me too!