NY/NJ Area Training Meetup Thread

Here’s what I’ve got the next several weeks…

This Sat I have a contest to go to, and Sunday (the 21st) is Cat’s Mother’s birthday, so I can’t really say I’ll make it to the Bronx or Cat will most likely kill me -lol.

Sept 17th is my best friend’s wedding (actually hadda buy a suit! Size 50 jacket and size 33 pants! WTF?!), so that’s a no go for me, but I think the rest of the Fall is fairly flexible. I’d love to go back to Bevs and then a lil’ all you can eat Sushi as well :smiley:

S

Won’t be able to make it the 21st, however i will most likely be able to do weekends in the fall, so for Sept 17th like Chris suggested unless something comes up i’d be in for that, Bev’s or Sparta would be fine by me.

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:

[quote]parsley wrote:

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
I saw Ashy post in the training lab something about a potential PA meet-up. I’m in the Harrisburg area, which is a 3 hour drive to NYC in good traffic, so most of the meetings are a bit too far for me. If you guys ever do something in the Allentown region or somewhere a bit further south/west than NYC/north jersey, I would certainly be interested.[/quote]

Feel free to throw out suggestions of places to go [/quote]

I grew up in that area, but I didn’t really start training until I went to college in central PA. I know there are a bunch of golds gyms and what not, but I am really not aware of any historic or meaningful gyms.

I would probably be willing to go as far as the Phillipsburg, NJ area depending on the weekend though. I’m getting hitched in early October so most of my weekends are busy until then. I just wanted to throw the idea out there to gauge interest.[/quote]

Ok I know a lot of us are located either in the Long Island/ NY city area…

However I know there are a bunch of members from around the PA and NJ area you could run an idea of a possible meet up with them if coming up to NYC and the Island is a bit too far. Maybe start a NJ/PA meetup thread? Also we have gone to Bonham’s strong n’ shapely in jersey, not sure if that’s too far as well.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Here’s what I’ve got the next several weeks…

This Sat I have a contest to go to, and Sunday (the 21st) is Cat’s Mother’s birthday, so I can’t really say I’ll make it to the Bronx or Cat will most likely kill me -lol.

Sept 17th is my best friend’s wedding (actually hadda buy a suit! Size 50 jacket and size 33 pants! WTF?!), so that’s a no go for me, but I think the rest of the Fall is fairly flexible. I’d love to go back to Bevs and then a lil’ all you can eat Sushi as well :smiley:

S[/quote]

That is an absurd “drop”. I have a 44 jacket with 34 pants and thats about as high as the Josey Bank guy had seen. FUCKING BEASTLY!

[quote]thoughts1053 wrote:

[quote]parsley wrote:

I’d shlep to the Bronx if Ebomb’s gonna be training. He won’t be able to feast after with the rest of us, but I’m sure it will make our food taste better with him watching us eat :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

LOL That’s just cruel. [/quote]

It’s part of the journey. There were many times during my contest prep where I just sat with my friends and watched them eat. Not fun but worth it.

Ebomb has said that he’d only be able to make Sundays, so that should work out best anyway.

So Sunday, 8/21 at Star Fitness in the Bronx…Sound like a plan?[/quote]

Thoughts any word from ebomb?

I sent him a PM and he said he has class on Sunday. He can make it but it wouldn’t be till around 3:30pm. Hopefully, he’ll chime in.

Otherwise, doesn’t look like too many people are interested for this weekend.

Still a training day for me regardless. Keep me posted.

Is everyone still in for saturday september 17th like Chris suggested?

I’ve got a wedding that day (which really stinks because I have a bunch of friends competing in the INBF Naturalmania the same date). Sept is busy as hell for me, but I’m hoping to get a bunch of folks out to Bev’s again in either Oct or Nov (Nov 12th is the WNBF Worlds, and on the 5th I’ll be giving a seminar at a gym in Garden City).

Hope you guys get together even if I’m not there,… foster a little team encouragement and learning here.

S

I’ve got a wedding that day (which really stinks because I have a bunch of friends competing in the INBF Naturalmania the same date). Sept is busy as hell for me, but I’m hoping to get a bunch of folks out to Bev’s again in either Oct or Nov (Nov 12th is the WNBF Worlds, and on the 5th I’ll be giving a seminar at a gym in Garden City).

Hope you guys get together even if I’m not there,… foster a little team encouragement and learning here.

S[/quote]

Pretty cool that you’re giving seminars and stuff. Also are you competing in the worlds or just attending?

I’m still down for a meet-up and training/eating session so anyone else interested feel free to post here.

[quote]parsley wrote:
Is everyone still in for saturday september 17th like Chris suggested?[/quote]
My car is screwed and I have to take it in this Saturday. That’s usually an all-day event. Figures. :confused:

[quote]parsley wrote:

S[/quote]

Pretty cool that you’re giving seminars and stuff. Also are you competing in the worlds or just attending?

I’m still down for a meet-up and training/eating session so anyone else interested feel free to post here. [/quote]

Weekend of the 24th/25th I can do. Where are you at?

Yeah actually on second thought not sure if i’ll be able to meet up on the 15th anyway, got some school functions to attend that day and not sure how long everything’s going to take and such.

Weekend of the 24th/25th is probably good

Solid, We’re (Chris and I) on long island, most convenient locations would be bev’s powerhouse in syosset or sparta gym in westbury but I could travel further depending on where exactly we are going.

Gonna try to get this going again, hopefully with a bit more notice (and for a SUNDAY to make everyone happy!)
so we can get a bigger turnout.

Hows’ this sound:

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23rd
12:00 - 3:00 PM
Bev Francis’ Powerhouse Gym
235 Robbins Lane
Syosset, NY 11791

5:00 - 7:00 PM
Minado’s Japanese Restaurant (All you can eat sushi and hibachi)
219 Glen Cove Rd
Carle Place, NY 11514

S

I’m definitely down for another meet up. Minado’s was great!

Also, ashylarryku will be on the East coast on the weekend of October 8th. Maybe we can do a meetup on the 10th as well.

[quote]thoughts1053 wrote:
I’m definitely down for another meet up. Minado’s was great!

Also, ashylarryku will be on the East coast on the weekend of October 8th. Maybe we can do a meetup on the 10th as well.[/quote]

Yes I’ll be in PA from the 8th-11th so if we could do something on the 9th or 10th that would be awesome. Lets get as many guys gathered up as we can! That will be a few days after I finish my current program, so I won’t care what we do training wise.

I need to make a point of getting down for a meet up like that.

Yeeeaaaaa buddy!

Ack! Just sent Ashy a PM throwing this idea out for Sunday the 9th. How’s that sit with everyone else?! :slight_smile:

S

Sounds good. I actually meant the 9th in my first post. Not the 10th.