T Nation

NY Jets are Heat Breakers

Is it just me or are they heart breakers every year?!

You can’t really call them heartbreakers when they typically aren’t very good. Did you really think they were going to be a playoff team this year? My wife and father-in-law are Jets fans. They were going apeshit in week after they won with Brett Favre. Even when I reminded them that they barely escaped with a win against the Dolphins, who went 1-15 last year, they still thought this was THE year based on that one win.

The Jets can’t help it that their fans are delusional. Then again, that goes for most teams’ fans, present company included.

DB

I honestly didn’t think the addition of favre was going to do a ton, and when they barely won agaisnt the dolphins I knew it wouldn’t be a great year.

[quote]JoeG254 wrote:
I honestly didn’t think the addition of favre was going to do a ton, and when they barely won agaisnt the dolphins I knew it wouldn’t be a great year.[/quote]

The supporting cast especially isn’t there. I’d be quite surprised to see a playoff berth.

[quote]JoeG254 wrote:
I honestly didn’t think the addition of favre was going to do a ton, and when they barely won agaisnt the dolphins I knew it wouldn’t be a great year.[/quote]

Actually, the OL additions (LG - A Faneca, RT - D Woody) are WAY more important than the obvious upgrade they got at QB.

Anyway new players/new offensive scheme usually takes some time and NE still possesses an elite Belichick DEF, but the point is it’s way too early to write off the Jets.

[quote]chillain wrote:
JoeG254 wrote:
I honestly didn’t think the addition of favre was going to do a ton, and when they barely won agaisnt the dolphins I knew it wouldn’t be a great year.

Actually, the OL additions (LG - A Faneca, RT - D Woody) are WAY more important than the obvious upgrade they got at QB.

Anyway new players/new offensive scheme usually takes some time and NE still possesses an elite Belichick DEF, but the point is it’s way too early to write off the Jets.

[/quote]

The Jet’s D played well yesterday. Aside from 2 drives though their offense did absolutely nothing.

They have playoff potential I think.

But did you really think that the patriots were going to roll over? Aside from no Brady the rest of the team can still outmatch just about every other team in just about every aspect of the game.

Why are they called the NY Jets when they are from New Jersey?

[quote]lighting_guy wrote:
Why are they called the NY Jets when they are from New Jersey?[/quote]

The glorious Dallas Cowboys don’t, and will not (it seems) play in Dallas.

Irving now, and they’re building a stadium in Arlington right now.

give the line a time to gel. They’ll go 9-7.