T Nation

Nutty's Log Vol.1

I’ve been on the full body grind for the past 9 weeks and my strength is shooting up and my body comp has been improving significantly too! Fucking TUFF though lol.

1 Like

Great job man! Full body training is always tough haha.

Such a gem from Elitefts!

5 Likes

So it’s almost official that my company will be acquired and during this process I’ve thought of life after. I’m going to get into drone home defense.

My friends since I was a little kid always joked and called me “Tony Stark” because of all the crazy inventions I would make and my unorthodox solutions to problems.

I’ve been getting into the legal side to understand what’s allowed/isn’t first to make sure I don’t break any laws.

But an automated home defense drone system would work wonders, especially a non lethal system. I know sun flower labs has already created one, but I’m looking to expand the idea a bit.

4 Likes

Pre-mature congratulations! I’m certain I could find this in your log, but I hope you don’t mind me asking, what is it your company does?

Any drone regulations you need to worry about? When drones first came out the rules here were super strict, like, you can’t fly them at above 2 meters without breaking the law.

1 Like

Are you running different rep ranges from the program post? :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome Nutty, congrats in advance.

When and if I crash on my new routine SBD 4 days a week, I’ll go straight to Nutty’s beginner routine.
I really like the setup.

1 Like

Thanks man! I operate a specialized MSP (Managed Service Provider). We are basically a one stop shop for all IT services. Essentially we are “your IT department”.

Yes there are a lot of regulations. There’s also the regulations based on the fact the drone I’m thinking of designing might need to be classified as a weapon because of the potential to harm someone even though it’s non lethal. So gotta talk to some attorneys and figure out some things before I go head on.

I am working up to 8-10 reps vs the 6 I’ve recommended for everyone else. I don’t mind sticking with the same weight for long periods of time. I’m on the advanced version of my program haha.

Awesome dude! Let me know how it goes!

1 Like

FULL BODY time again!

BACK SQUAT (ss: Ab Wheel - 5x12)
405x5
405x5
405x5
405x5
405x5

OH PRESS (ss: BB Rows - 315 @ 5x8)
205x6
205x6
205x6
205x6
205x6

ASSISTANCE
Dips (ss: Chin-Ups) - 350 method
DB Lunges (ss: DB RDL) - 350 method

CONDITION
Jump Rope - 500 skips

2 Likes

Well, that’s too bad. I’d like to be able to take out the thieves while they’re doing their thing instead of just documenting their actions after the fact.

1 Like

LOL, but we are talking about automated. Not manually controlled. So the bean bag method or a net or etc seems to be what I’m thinking. Even my shotgun, the first round is a rubber one. The rounds after that are not so friendly though lol.

Come spend some time with me at work and you’ll replace that with the nastiest thing you can find. You still might kill a man with a rubber bullet to the chest, though.

What about landmines? Any ideas for those? Those old proximity mines in the 007 game for N64 were pretty awesome.

4 Likes

@isdatnutty’s new drone set up for the house!! LOL

5 Likes

At the local gunshow you can get some gnarly rounds. My buddy picked up “dragon’s breath” which turns your shotgun into a shrapnel-laced flamethrower

2 Likes

Goldeneye? Now you’re talking my language

2 Likes

We played Goldeneye so much when I was at uni.
I actually had dreams where I was in the game.

1 Like

Short on time today, so had to do one big giant set.

DEADLIFT / BENCH PRESS / CHIN-UPS / CURLS / HANGING LEG RAISES / JUMP ROPE
405x5 / 315x8 / x12 / x20 / x10 / x50 skips / 2 min rest
445x5 / 315x7 / x12 / x20 / x10 / x50 skips / 2 min rest
485x5 / 315x7 / x12 / x20 / x10 / x50 skips / 2 min rest
500x3 / 315x6 / x12 / x20 / x10 / x50 skips / 2 min rest
525x3 / 315x6 / x12 / x20 / x10 / x50 skips / 2 min rest

6 Likes

Been super short on time recently so just doing what I can to maximize my 1 hour in the gym. I put the same limitation on myself like @T3hPwnisher (go read his blog if you haven’t yet). I budget one hour daily for physical fitness and since putting that as a limit, it’s REALLY changed the way I lift. Back in the day when I did SS it use to take me 1 hour to get through the whole workout. Now I probably do 4x the amount of volume in the same session and with way more variety lol. One hour in the gym is not like one hour of working out. WAY different!

SQUAT / OH PRESS / SUPPORTED ROW / DB LUNGES / DIPS / AB WHEEL / SPRINT
405x5 / 205x5 / x10 / x10 / x10 / x10 / 25 yards / 2 min rest
405x5 / 215x5 / x10 / x10 / x10 / x10 / 25 yards / 2 min rest
405x5 / 225x5 / x10 / x10 / x10 / x10 / 25 yards / 2 min rest

5 Likes

30 minutes is short on time for me. An hour is about standard. If I’m not supersetting things then I set a timer for 1 minute between sets. Sometimes I even set it for 45 seconds and assume it’ll take me 15 seconds to get set up and start lifting again. That makes it a “true” 1 minute of rest.

1 Like

So a friend of mine just completed 12 weeks of Building The Monolith. He just flew in yesterday for a convention here and I met him for some drinks.

He only made ONE change to the program. He didn’t use any percentages, so not true 531, but same reps and sets and going with a “heavy” and “lighter” week. This dude’s upper body transformed in 12 weeks. I was SHOCKED. BTM has changed a ton of physiques this year and I’m surprised the program hasn’t had more followers!

1 Like