T Nation

Nutty's Log Vol.1

On another side note an employee of mine has been doing a program I wrote for him a long time ago and he’s in really good shape now. He doesn’t eat enough so he got more cut, but he looks way fitter. His numbers are nothing crazy (315 deadlift, 255 squat, 190 bench, 120 oh press, 205 front squat), but he’s keeping himself healthy! His layout is below. Just goes to show no one needs anything crazy unless you are in a competitive sport. All you gotta do is show up and work hard.

DAY 1
Back Squat
Bench Press
Rows
Assistance

DAY 2
Deadlift
Front Squat
Dips / Chin-Ups
Trap Bar Carry

DAY 3
Back Squat
OH Press
Rows
Assistance

2 Likes

I don’t know how this got started in the first place. I see it every day in the hospitals - seniors (from consultants to senior residents) bullying their juniors, interns, clerks, and so on. Some call it the oldschool way and that the new generation doesn’t understand the traditions and values of the older generation, but that’s a whole different discussion I guess.

Agreed!

1 Like

you lost me at “vegan”

Maybe I shouldn’t be so closed minded…

1 Like

I believe in meat, but I beleive in veggies too. And the Veggie Bites from Costco are amazing!

1 Like

Maybe I just don’t know enough about business but what does this mean? You’ll be working for the new company, or leave to start a new one or something?

My wife is vegan. It’s a good thing. I still eat meat but I eat more veggies now. I’m slowly trying to decrease my meat consumption - nothing crazy, but I don’t need to eat 2 lbs a day.

Hypothetical: If a carnivore (human) eats a vegan (human) is that like eating grass fed beef?

It’s like that bumper sticker, “Save a cow, eat a vegan” :hamburger:

1 Like

This got “Affirmation” by Savage Garden stuck in my head.

2 Likes

What are they made of? I find that when I read the ingredient list on certain vegan products I go screaming the other way, they are more or less just vegetable oil. But, I’ve found some locally sourced falafel that are mostly made of chickpeas.

This is a nice way to format it. Stealing!

All it means is that another company wants to buy my company. So when that happens the buying company has a few options:

1. Keep all employees and run business as usual under their supervision.
  2. Once they learn the systems, let go of all employees and put their own people there.
  3. A mixture of 1 & 2.

Getting acquired is great for the founders/owners/partners of the company, but it’s not great for employees because they might be out of work. That’s why I always had the 50K per employee in my head because for a lot of them they’ll get 40%-100% of an entire years salary up front to help for the few months they might be without a job.

3 Likes

That’s all it is. I’ve actually in the past 2 weeks upped my meat again lol. Now I’m back at 7lbs a week. I’m cutting the carbs back and upping the fats and protein so it’s just naturally worked out that way.

These ones are like sweet potato, tapioca flour, corn, etc. They are real ingredients and you can taste them in the bites. I mean I wouldn’t make them a staple, but they are a good substitute when I’m fiending lol.

Yeah man that’s how I write it in my log book. Seems to be organized. I actually got this idea from @Evolv. His log was super easy the follow and my biggest influence on T-Nation.

Nutty’s Program
Week 2 - Day 4

BENCH PRESS (ss: Pull-Ups)
315x7
315x7
315x7
315x6
315x6

OH PRESS (ss: Pendlay Row)
155x10
155x10
155x8
155x8
155x8

PUSH UPS (ss: Face Pulls, Curls)
x50
x50
x50
x50

PROWLER
5 @ 25 yards @ 100%

Damn brother! You’re a fucking beast with these lifts. Please don’t ever come to my gym when I am there. :joy:

2 Likes

Haha thanks man, but trust me there are PLENTY of people out there WAY stronger than me. I just do the best I can with what I have! Anyone can get as strong as I am. I think the only major thing I’ve done is really put my focus on compounds and especially squats, OHP, and bb rows. I honestly think those 3 lifts are the reason I am strong as I am.

On a funny side note, last night I was with a bunch of friends and family. I asked them why no one ever comes to workout with me. All the guys literally said “You train full body and that’s just too tough for me”. Literally made me wanna cry LOL. I was like damn do people really not like full body? Probably why I RARELY see anyone doing full body at the gym unless they are older or look like they are doing SS/SL.

I used to be a big lift guy when I was younger but too many injuries and frankly, after this last surgery, my philosophy has truly changed to a low weight/high volume method. People look at me funny now when I’m curling with 20lbs dumbbells for reps or doing 5 x 20 seated rows or lat pull-downs.

As an older lifter, please listen, those heavy lifts can wear you down and cause long term aches and pains. Stay healthy brother.

1 Like

I think it’s the conditioning. Some people get accustomed to sitting down for 2+ minutes between sets. It takes a while to adjust to doing supersets.

I actually like being able to do another exercise while letting my muscles recover. But I don’t like it on squats or deads. I tend to chill out between those sets.

1 Like

I’ve been lucky so far! Plus I have a philosophy that I’m sticking too.

1. Use variations
  2. Mix up the rep ranges (4x8, 5x10, 5x5, 10x3, etc)
  3. Stretch and condition

**Since I’m not a competitive lifter there is NO need for me to add more lbs to certain lifts. Honestly I have no need to deadlift/squat more than 405, bench more than 315, and ohp more than 225. But I’ll cut back on this after a bit. I’m 33 right now so I probably have a bit longer I can do some heavy weight before it’s time to cut back.

I like veggies like this!!!

In all seriousness, I eat salad with red bell peppers, carrots, cucumber, onion, tomato but I can’t do broccoli.

Every few years I have tried to eat broccoli as everyone beats the drum as the go to veggie but it makes me gag (literally).

What am I missing from broccoli and what food can approximate?

1 Like

Just eat other green things. I try to eat colors instead of specific foods.

2 Likes