T Nation

Nuts

I love nuts. Wait let me rephrase that I love cashews,almonds,walnuts,peanuts etc… Now that it has been raining so freakin much I find my self stuck in side snackin on nuts all the time. Is there such a thing as too much of a good thing when it comes to nuts?

I’m just a squirrel tryin to get a nut.

If you’re counting calories, yes…

Same with things like olive oil, avocados. Sure, they’re healthy, but packed with calories.

We’re very liberal here and if you enjoy having nuts in your mouth then that’s your business

There can always be too much of a good thing.

Do yourself a favor and look up the nutritional information for all of those. And after you do, try not to break your hand punching yourself in the head.

Yes; anything in excess can make you fat. The calories from nuts in particular add up very quickly.

Some how I knew that was the answer. I was hoping by some chance that it was magical food that did not count against you. Sometimes I hate counting calories.

I think walnuts are your best bet in terms of higher protein than carbs, but as with all nuts the fat is definitely up there, has anyone ever looked at the nutritional content of pecans ? THEY SUCK!

calories. I love them myself, but they’re sooooo dense in calories! I wish we can create calorie-free nuts…perhaps one day the technology can get us there… sigh

“Yes; anything in excess can make you fat.”

Although it’s pretty hard to get fat off most vegetables (ignoring carrots, beets and eggplant, and even at that…)

-Zulu

I eat peanut butter every morning for breakfast and have for at least 50 years. If there is such a thing as overload on peanuts, I would have reached that point years ago.

I go to town on Almonds and Walnuts, even when I was trying to lean out. I would snack on a whole bag and still lost weight. Doesn’t seem to work that way for me anymore though. Anyone had similar experiences?

I’m a pistachio/cashew feak, I know how you guys feel…

My dad constantly has a handful of mixed nuts. I’m sure you guys know the type, a guy that sits in his chair shaking his hand like he’s at the crap table then popping them in one after another, but he never had a real weight problem though. He’s the type of guy who will offer you a sandwich or deer sausage and cheese before he passes you the nut bowl… pretty funny.